3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

Back4more

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Found next weeks flyer at BB today. the blue/black, red/black, and pink/white 3DS XL's will be on sale for $159.99 Dec 9th thru 15th. I tried to get the price matched today but the salesperson wouldnt go for it. so I paid the $200 and I'll go back and get the price match sunday.

Target in Mission Valley, San Diego wouldn't do it. Electronics chick was going to do it but then some dude said I had to go to Cs. Another chick was going to do it and the dude said they had to check the iPad... It took 10 minutes to find the damn iPad and by the time they did the girl that was ringing me up remembered they aren't supposed to do it. These damn people have computers but they have to run around the store looking for One iPad? Buy more or get a different system. Gonna go pick up the one that's waiting for me at Best Buy now.

Worked for me at Target with the $20 gift card. There was some mass confusion amongst the CS clerks at first, but eventually after asking someone they said if the system just automatically adds it in the transaction to give the gift card out.

Now trying to debate if I should sell my Aqua 3DS. I like the smaller form factor for carrying around/getting StreetPasses but with the screens on the XL I don't see myself actually wanting to play the original one any longer...

Did the same thing - picked up the ad at the Best Buy right next to Target, price matched for $166 after tax and also received the $20 GC to Target for a net value of $146. Selling my old 3DS tonight to a friend for ~$100. Might sell my cartridge of Mario Kart 7, although I really don't want to lose my save data. Too bad the save transfer utility won't be available until the spring.

Helluva deal to upgrade to a brand new XL with a preloaded game.

off topic but if I get [unlocked], it is one year calender year or one year from when you sign up. also, the $20.00 from preorders = do they give you 1000 myrewardzone points or do they send you giftcards each time ? do these 20 dollars expire like Amazon? can i use this 20 dollars combined (lets say i have 20x4, do i get 80 off on a purchase)? and how long do these preorder list get updated?

[quote name='GameSmacker']HEADS UP for any target shoppers. I was able to PM the $159.99 Best Buy ad AND they gave me the $20 gift card from their own promotion. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get the GC with the price match... I'll have to bring my receipt tomorrow.

[quote name='CaboWabo']I brought a printout of the Best Buy webpage showing the blue XL Mario Kart version to Target and they price matched it at 159.99 AND gave me a $20 giftcard, no questions asked! I also paid with my Redcard and saved an additional 5%. Thanks! Great deal
You gotta use a printout of the webpage and not the sale paper.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, went to another Target and it worked. Got the $20 gift card no problem as well.

Total:
159.99 + tax - 25 Gift Card I had = 145.84

[quote name='Bosamba']Same. I was going to wait till Wednesday for Double Reward Points day but it's not available for shipping and two locals stores have already had their stock cleared out. [/QUOTE]

Do you have to be Silver to get the double Reward Points? Most stores around me are out of the bundle but if there are restocks by Wednesday, I might pull the trigger.

Returned my $180 3DS XL (I opened the box but didn't use it) and got the Mario 7 Bundle for $160. I would say that is a good deal.

[quote name='Hibiki Rush']Worked for me at Target with the $20 gift card./QUOTE]

Same. In and out of Target in like 10 min. Best system deal I have ever scored. Add in the 5% discount for using the red card and it gets better.

[quote name='djricekcn']off topic but if I get [unlocked], it is one year calender year or one year from when you sign up. also, the $20.00 from preorders = do they give you 1000 myrewardzone points or do they send you giftcards each time ? do these 20 dollars expire like Amazon? can i use this 20 dollars combined (lets say i have 20x4, do i get 80 off on a purchase)? and how long do these preorder list get updated?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is one year from when you sign up. The 20.00 is given to you as a reward zone certificate which you can print out on your reward zone page (It takes a while though to get the certificate, I preordered and bought Halo 4 on release day and received my certificate about a week ago )They expire after a couple months as well. I'm not sure if you can combine reward zone certificates.

My target did a price match and gave me a the $20 gift card. Then went to best buy to get them to price match Persona 4 Arena with sound for 19.99 not a bad haul today :D

I got the price match with the $20 GC (and an extra $7 off with the Target card) with just the print ad at the Culver City, CA Target. The cashier even walked me up to the front to check with the manager and he said that I indeed should get the gift card because it is a different transaction or something like that. It was a quick transaction regardless.

The cashier scanned the 3DS and GC before applying the price match if it makes a difference.

[quote name='FriscoDude']I believe it is one year from when you sign up. The 20.00 is given to you as a reward zone certificate which you can print out on your reward zone page (It takes a while though to get the certificate, I preordered and bought Halo 4 on release day and received my certificate about a week ago )They expire after a couple months as well. I'm not sure if you can combine reward zone certificates.[/QUOTE]

thanks

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this deal. I have a 70$ AMEX gc, $45 in BB credit, and I would trade in Mario Kart 7...I like my 3DS, but my hands cramp alot after playing Mario Kart for about a couple races.

For everyone getting their new 3DS XL's -- Club Nintendo is glitching this weekend, and there is a good chance you won't get your coins if you register right now. You may want to wait until they sort it out.

Does any one know if the preinstalled Mario Kart game can be transferred to another 3ds? Essentially, if the 3DS XL w/ mario kart preinstalled is the source system and a red 3ds xl is the target system, will Mario kart 7 be on the red 3dsxl after the system transfer?

I picked up one at my local BB tonight. I was going to PM at Target, but had $35 in RZ credit and then some. Total cost me $87 out the door. Very nice deal and my son will love the upgrade from his DSi.

[quote name='jayntampa']For everyone getting their new 3DS XL's -- Club Nintendo is glitching this weekend, and there is a good chance you won't get your coins if you register right now. You may want to wait until they sort it out.[/QUOTE]

The message I got was that you only get coins for the 1st 8 consoles you register with them, and that the XL was therefore not eligible for coins. Is this the message you mean?

And for the record, I've registered GBA SP, GBA Micro, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, Wii, XL... and probably my GameCube. So it may actually not be a glitch on my end... =(

[quote name='johnnypark']The message I got was that you only get coins for the 1st 8 consoles you register with them, and that the XL was therefore not eligible for coins. Is this the message you mean?

And for the record, I've registered GBA SP, GBA Micro, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, Wii, XL... and probably my GameCube. So it may actually not be a glitch on my end... =([/QUOTE]

I got the same message. Though I only have 4 systems registered with them. The website is definitely glitching.

[quote name='FriscoDude']I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this deal. I have a 70$ AMEX gc, $45 in BB credit, and I would trade in Mario Kart 7...I like my 3DS, but my hands cramp alot after playing Mario Kart for about a couple races.[/QUOTE]

You can trade in digital copies?

I've been holding out for a black or silver 3DS XL, because I didnt think I'd like the toyish look of the blue or red one...but I really couldn't pass up this blue XL deal with Mario Kart for $139 agc at Target. I got it today and the blue is actually very nice. It doesnt look like the pictures. The blue is darker and more metallic like new car paint. The inside is also all black, so no glare. The large screens are also very good on the XL, the 3D effect looks and works great so far on the Mario Kart game.

[quote name='jayntampa']For everyone getting their new 3DS XL's -- Club Nintendo is glitching this weekend, and there is a good chance you won't get your coins if you register right now. You may want to wait until they sort it out.[/QUOTE]

I called and talked to them before they closed at 10e/7p. They were away of issues and would honor any registrations/surveys. We'll see...

Target in area code 91345 works. I had a printout of the Best Buy deal. Supervisor lady approved it and the register automatically rung up the gift card as well.

[quote name='CaboWabo']I've been holding out for a black or silver 3DS XL, because I didnt think I'd like the toyish look of the blue or red one...but I really couldn't pass up this blue XL deal with Mario Kart for $139 agc at Target. I got it today and the blue is actually very nice. It doesnt look like the pictures. The blue is darker and more metallic like new car paint. The inside is also all black, so no glare. The large screens are also very good on the XL, the 3D effect looks and works great so far on the Mario Kart game.[/QUOTE]

This is sadly what is holding me back. I would really like a black or white one.

[quote name='Killbomb']Do you have to be Silver to get the double Reward Points? Most stores around me are out of the bundle but if there are restocks by Wednesday, I might pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

No, the double points on Wednesdays is available to everyone. Be sure to claim the offer at myrz.com.

My advice to you is buy it now for in store pickup, wait till Wednesday to go to that Best Buy, tell Customer Service you'd like to cancel your previous purchase and rebuy it immediately afterwards for the double RZ points offer. This is what I'll be doing since my earlier transaction using RZ certs was cancelled.

i caved...bought 3ds xl with MK7, NSMB2, SMB 3D Land, and case for $255.

Been wanting to play the 2 mario games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've literally been adding it to my cart and removing it over and over throughout the day. Can't decide to get it or not. On the plus side, this is a really good deal and I would most likely get Mario Kart 7 eventually anyways, so it's great that it comes with it. On the down side however is that my backlog of games for other consoles is enough to last me a good 2-3 months, and I really don't like either of the XL colors thus far and since this is Nintendo, they will most likely release more colors in the near future.

I guess I'll stop by Best Buy some time tomorrow. If they still have it in stock, I'll bite. If not, I'll just take it as a sign that I should wait lol.

[quote name='johnnypark']The message I got was that you only get coins for the 1st 8 consoles you register with them, and that the XL was therefore not eligible for coins. Is this the message you mean?

And for the record, I've registered GBA SP, GBA Micro, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, Wii, XL... and probably my GameCube. So it may actually not be a glitch on my end... =([/QUOTE]

Yeah, people are actually having problems registering games, too.

[quote name='elessar123']You can trade in digital copies?[/QUOTE]

I have a cartridge to trade in I meant. I'm trying to lower it to the $50-$40 price range. I bought the 3DS when it went down to $169 then a couple weeks later, it comes with a $25 gift card. I wonder if I buy the 3DS XL, a gift card will come along with the $159 price. Oh well, no use worrying about something I can only assume about.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I was able to get the gc and the price match at target. I didn't risk trying to use a coupon too though.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm happy enough I was out in 10 minutes to boot. I also got to use up my $60 gift card I've had for a year. Now I got a $20 gift card to use on future deals!

I guarantee Target corporate will be sending out a nation wide memo tomorrow ending this "slickdeal". The exec in charge of electronics is gonna spray his coffee as he looks over today's 3DS sales data.

[quote name='chinaurge']I guarantee Target corporate will be sending out a nation wide memo tomorrow ending this "slickdeal". The exec in charge of electronics is gonna spray his coffee as he looks over today's 3DS sales data.[/QUOTE]

I am always amazed at how little attention higher ups seem to put to detail. Everyone can find out which store will have sales and plan accordingly for any "loop holes" like this one. Even something so simple as price matching has employees running around trying to get the iPad so they can check the price, which took 10+ minutes for me today only to be denied.

I want this deal so bad but i haft to wait till wednesday or thursday and of course im going to attempt to pm @ target for the 20$ gc .. And then go back to bb to pm for those mario games!

[quote name='eliter1']I am always amazed at how little attention higher ups seem to put to detail. Everyone can find out which store will have sales and plan accordingly for any "loop holes" like this one. Even something so simple as price matching has employees running around trying to get the iPad so they can check the price, which took 10+ minutes for me today only to be denied.[/QUOTE]

Except these ads are decided upon weeks in advance so that they can secure enough stock.

For some reason, they limit systems to 7 per account. I found out the hard way for my DSi XL. If you create a child account, however, you can register another 7 systems on that account.

bread's done
Back