3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

Back4more

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Found next weeks flyer at BB today. the blue/black, red/black, and pink/white 3DS XL's will be on sale for $159.99 Dec 9th thru 15th. I tried to get the price matched today but the salesperson wouldnt go for it. so I paid the $200 and I'll go back and get the price match sunday.

This might be a dumb question and don't much about the handhelds. But my son is 5 y/o and wants the 3dsxl. With the pre installed game of MK7 is it easy to accidentally erase the game or is there no way possible. I don't want to get the bundle and my son erases the pre installed game. I already bought the 3ds xl non bundle. I was going in to get the price adjustment. Didnt know if I should get the bundle instead. Thx for the help guys.

Hi Npat12, I think you can control that sort of thing with Parental controls but honestly it's not that easy to delete unless you really go out of your way to do it anyhow. Also, if worse came to worse and he did erase it, you can redownload it for free from the Nintendo e-Shop. I just picked one up yesterday and I'm LOVING it. I can't believe how much difference the big screens make.

[quote name='goomba478']Hi Npat12, I think you can control that sort of thing with Parental controls but honestly it's not that easy to delete unless you really go out of your way to do it anyhow. Also, if worse came to worse and he did erase it, you can redownload it for free from the Nintendo e-Shop. I just picked one up yesterday and I'm LOVING it. I can't believe how much difference the big screens make.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And with the exception of the L/R triggers being kind of awkwardly high compared to where you hands rest, the form factor feels much better suited for platforming. I fired up my ambassador NES copy of the original SMB and it feels infinitely more playable with the d-pad.

Just called BB and tried to price match from 179.99 to 159.99 and they told me they couldn't because I paid with a pitch-in card.. which I know is BS. Ugh, here we go again. Always gotta be a pain with these types of things.

[quote name='barrit']Just called BB and tried to price match from 179.99 to 159.99 and they told me they couldn't because I paid with a pitch-in card.. which I know is BS. Ugh, here we go again. Always gotta be a pain with these types of things.[/QUOTE]

But prices in store is 159.99 also?... Wthek. And that sucks i thought bestbuy can pm there website with no problem... Lazy employee morning?

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']But prices in store is 159.99 also?... Wthek. And that sucks i thought bestbuy can pm there website with no problem... Lazy employee morning?[/QUOTE]

Probably so. About to call them again.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Let us know how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Called back and got someone who seemed more knowledgeable. The first lady sounded really old and kinda confused on what to do. She told me it was in their policy that they don't price adjust for payments with pitch-in cards, but it doesn't say that anywhere on their site lol.

This second lady got it done in less than 5mins. Just glad it took less time than expected!

[quote name='barrit']Called back and got someone who seemed more knowledgeable. The first lady sounded really old and kinda confused on what to do. She told me it was in their policy that they don't price adjust for payments with pitch-in cards, but it doesn't say that anywhere on their site lol.

This second lady got it done in less than 5mins. Just glad it took less time than expected![/QUOTE]

Thats good to hear! Im jealous i can't get my 3ds yet until wednesday / thursday hopefully my bb or target still have em in stock.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']WTF is a pitch in card?[/QUOTE]

It's sorta like a gift card, but you can refill it. You can also tell people to contribute to it and set up a wish list. Basically instead of giving you a gift card, they can just add money to your card instead. One cool thing though.. if you ever receive a gift card (whether it's a gift from someone, or if you trade-in games to BB), you can apply that gift card to your pitch-in card and receive reward points. So basically I get double points for trading-in games, and then I can go home and apply that gift card to my pitch-in card and receive even more points (single points for this part).

I think you use to be able to get them in-store. I got mine off their site though. It's free and you just have to wait for them to ship it to you. Just search for "Pitch in card" on their site and it will take you to the correct page.

[quote name='barrit']It's sorta like a gift card, but you can refill it. You can also tell people to contribute to it and set up a wish list. Basically instead of giving you a gift card, they can just add money to your card instead. One cool thing though.. if you ever receive a gift card (whether it's a gift from someone, or if you trade-in games to BB), you can apply that gift card to your pitch-in card and receive reward points. So basically I get double points for trading-in games, and then I can go home and apply that gift card to my pitch-in card and receive even more points (single points for this part).

I think you use to be able to get them in-store. I got mine off their site though. It's free and you just have to wait for them to ship it to you. Just search for "Pitch in card" on their site and it will take you to the correct page.[/QUOTE]

I use mine because I do a bunch of online offers, so instead of having a bunch of gift cards lying around the house, I just have 1 (and always know the balance)

But is that true you can't PM? That's total BS if that's a legit policy.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']I use mine because I do a bunch of online offers, so instead of having a bunch of gift cards lying around the house, I just have 1 (and always know the balance)

But is that true you can't PM? That's total BS if that's a legit policy.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it was total BS. It doesn't say that anywhere in their price match policy. I just didn't want to argue with that old lady and figured calling again would be a better option. When I called again, I got my $20 refund in less than 5mins.

is this a possible discount in anticipation of a new 3ds model releasing in the near future? i wouldn't doubt it. hopefully this time we'll finally get two analog sticks on the damn device instead of another ridiculous peripheral.

I picked up the blue XL with Mario Kart bundle along with NSMB2 and Paper Mario. Does anyone know if BB will price match the $29.99 listed price of those games at Kmart this week?

So this has probably already been answered but can I price match the Mario kart bundle that picked up last week with the 20 dollar gift card

[quote name='MrWazeleski']I picked up the blue XL with Mario Kart bundle along with NSMB2 and Paper Mario. Does anyone know if BB will price match the $29.99 listed price of those games at Kmart this week?[/QUOTE]If you bring a copy of the ad that shows those prices, they should.

[quote name='Timenice']So this has probably already been answered but can I price match the Mario kart bundle that picked up last week with the 20 dollar gift card[/QUOTE]Some people have reported getting back $20+tax on the XL since the $20 gift card is considered part of the $199.99 value (MK7 bundle is considered to be $179.99), so give it a shot.

I did an in store pick up with the 3ds xl mk7 bundle with a vacuum to make it over 250 to get a 25 code haven't received the 25 code
Do you think I can still pm and not effect that?

Ended up getting a price match refund on the $175 I paid back before Thanksgiving when I got best buy to price match Target. Great deal and was painless to do in store. Took 5 minutes, max.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']is this a possible discount in anticipation of a new 3ds model releasing in the near future? i wouldn't doubt it. hopefully this time we'll finally get two analog sticks on the damn device instead of another ridiculous peripheral.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I think this is Nintendo collaborating with retailers to sell an absolute shit-load of 3DS's this holiday season, which means more game sales and extremely aggressive competition against Sony. Too bad that $180 Vita Amazon bundle was so short-lived, because that's the only way they'd be able to do anywhere close to the same number of units sold. Some killer apps would help, too (not a hater, BTW - I'm quite fond of my Vita!)

We all know install base is the key to getting 3rd parties interested in your system, and the cost of entry is usually what holds consumers back. I'm anticipating these sale prices to become MSRP after the holidays, but it's more attractive to consumers as a discount (you save $40!) than to say "this is the new price" since it's a time-sensitive sale. Good business all around.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Thats good to hear! Im jealous i can't get my 3ds yet until wednesday / thursday hopefully my bb or target still have em in stock.[/QUOTE]

Why not just order one with in-store pickup at your local Best Buy to make sure you get one? They hold it for you for 8 days. If you change your mind or manage to get it at Target with the $20 GC, you can always call them up to cancel it or just wait the 8 days and they'll auto-cancel it.

wow, great price. I'd upgrade mine if I wasn't getting more use out of my Japanese 3DSLL. Seems that the simul-release games that come out in both the east and west are few and far between, unfortunately...

[quote name='V878']Why not just order one with in-store pickup at your local Best Buy to make sure you get one? They hold it for you for 8 days. If you change your mind or manage to get it at Target with the $20 GC, you can always call them up to cancel it or just wait the 8 days and they'll auto-cancel it.[/QUOTE]

I think you have to pay with a cc ... I dont have a cc lol i just turned 18 and only have cash atm.. Ohwell .

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']I think you have to pay with a cc ... I dont have a cc lol i just turned 18 and only have cash atm.. Ohwell .[/QUOTE]

You can pay by Best Buy gift card too. Just get the cash swapped out as a gift card at a local store that sells them and you should be fine.

[quote name='spideymike']You can pay by Best Buy gift card too. Just get the cash swapped out as a gift card at a local store that sells them and you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Thing is , i might pm @ target to get the 20$ gift card and stuff we'll see tho. I doubt it'll be sold out @ both store... If they are ill wait for another deal.

Ok guys I went to Best Buy and picked up an blue 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart 7 yesterday for 159.99 + tax. Today I told them that Target was price matching their deal and including a $20.00 gift card also (thanks to CGA), by the way I hadn't opened the system yet. So I went with my receipt and the unopened system to customer service and they reimbursement me the difference including taxes on a Best Buy gift card. They had to get manager's approval and call target to make sure they had the item in sock, but it worked out.

Is the matte material finger print proof? My old black DS Lite matte finish eventually worn down and is all shiny from finger print oil.

[quote name='DREAMMOS']Ok guys I went to Best Buy and picked up an blue 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart 7 yesterday for 159.99 + tax. Today I told them that Target was price matching their deal and including a $20.00 gift card also (thanks to CGA), by the way I hadn't opened the system yet. So I went with my receipt and the unopened system to customer service and they reimbursement me the difference including taxes on a Best Buy gift card. They had to get manager's approval and call target to make sure they had the item in sock, but it worked out.[/QUOTE]

woah.. i'm amazed you got this to work. maybe I should head down to BestBuy or give them a call.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Is the matte material finger print proof? My old black DS Lite matte finish eventually worn down and is all shiny from finger print oil.[/QUOTE]

It's a lot more finger print proof than the original 3DS that's for sure. It kinda reminds me of a brushed metal finish in a way. It looks nice in person. I was pleasantly surprised when I received mine after only seeing pics online.

[quote name='DREAMMOS']Ok guys I went to Best Buy and picked up an blue 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart 7 yesterday for 159.99 + tax. Today I told them that Target was price matching their deal and including a $20.00 gift card also (thanks to CGA), by the way I hadn't opened the system yet. So I went with my receipt and the unopened system to customer service and they reimbursement me the difference including taxes on a Best Buy gift card. They had to get manager's approval and call target to make sure they had the item in sock, but it worked out.[/QUOTE]

Heading out to pick my MK7 bundle up right now. Going to bring in a Target ad and ask for that as well. Wish me luck!

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Its true that when it says unavailable online meaning they have low stock? I remember i picked up a game when it said unavailable.[/QUOTE]

unavailable for shipping :/

[quote name='chinaurge']So Best Buy is matching Target matching Best Buy?[/QUOTE]
I know it's crazy but it work for me. I guess all these retailers are fighting for every penny.

[quote name='iKhaotic']Heading out to pick my MK7 bundle up right now. Going to bring in a Target ad and ask for that as well. Wish me luck![/QUOTE]
Good luck!

[quote name='wilflare']woah.. i'm amazed you got this to work. maybe I should head down to BestBuy or give them a call.[/QUOTE]
I would give them a call first, that is what I did to make sure I didn't waste my time. If they say they will do it, make sure to get their name and see that person when you go to customer service. Also, make sure they get the manager's approval and name, this is what I did. Furthermore, make sure the Target in your area has stock because they did call to confirm availability.

[quote name='DREAMMOS']I would give them a call first, that is what I did to make sure I didn't waste my time. If they say they will do it, make sure to get their name and see that person when you go to customer service. Also, make sure they get the manager's approval and name, this is what I did. Furthermore, make sure the Target in your area has stock because they did call to confirm availability.[/QUOTE]

i see. hmm i bought my 3DS online though. are they able to adjust online orders?
the $20 GC would be super helpful i guess

[quote name='wilflare']i see. hmm i bought my 3DS online though. are they able to adjust online orders?
the $20 GC would be super helpful i guess[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure. Also, my system was not opened so I could have returned it and gone to Target if they didn't give me the deal.

So, I went last night and pulled up the sale on my phone, glad I did too. My local Target said their iPad was down or wasn't working or something. Anyway, they scanned the 3DS XL, then the $20 gift card. Then the CS girl went to another office off to the side, presumably to ask a manager or something, then came back, knocked off $40, and boom, sold. $164.xx with tax + I got the $20 GC. Wife seems quite happy :)

Just got back from picking up my bundle and yes the price match works. Best Buy will PM Target's PM lol. Go to pick up desk, ask to pick up your 3DSXL, when the worker comes back with the 3DSXL, show them the Target ad and >kindly< ask them if BB allows the PM. Tell the employee that you went to Target and asked them to PM BB's 3DSXL bundle and that they allowed it (you're not lying because they do it) but you want to get the bundle from BB because you want to use your RZ card (this was actually my intention anyways). They'll call a manager over and the manager will throw in a $20 gift card.

From my past experience of doing something like this however, DO NOT tell BB that Target is out of stock (even if it's true), otherwise the manager will say that they can't PM an OOS item. I'm pretty sure this would have happened if I said that the 3DSXL bundle was OOS at Target.

Anywho, used the $20 gift card to pick up two PS3 Killzone Trilogy controller bundles for $40 a piece, opened one in my car, and went straight to Gamestop to trade one pair in for a total of $50.30 ($26.10 for Killzone Trilogy and $24.20 for the controller after PUR bonus). Don't really have a use for more controllers so I may go back and trade in the second controller and keep just the game.

[quote name='iKhaotic']Just got back from picking up my bundle and yes the price match works. Best Buy will PM Target's PM lol. Go to pick up desk, ask to pick up your 3DSXL, when the worker comes back with the 3DSXL, show them the Target ad and >kindly< ask them if BB allows the PM. Tell the employee that you went to Target and asked them to PM BB's 3DSXL bundle and that they allowed it (you're not lying because they do it) but you want to get the bundle from BB because you want to use your RZ card (this was actually my intention anyways). They'll call a manager over and the manager will throw in a $20 gift card.

From my past experience of doing something like this however, DO NOT tell BB that Target is out of stock (even if it's true), otherwise the manager will say that they can't PM an OOS item. I'm pretty sure this would have happened if I said that the 3DSXL bundle was OOS at Target.

Anywho, used the $20 gift card to pick up two PS3 Killzone Trilogy controller bundles for $40 a piece, opened one in my car, and went straight to Gamestop to trade one pair in for a total of $50.30 ($26.10 for Killzone Trilogy and $24.20 for the controller after PUR bonus). Don't really have a use for more controllers so I may go back and trade in the second controller and keep just the game.[/QUOTE]
Nice!!

[quote name='iKhaotic']Just got back from picking up my bundle and yes the price match works. Best Buy will PM Target's PM lol. Go to pick up desk, ask to pick up your 3DSXL, when the worker comes back with the 3DSXL, show them the Target ad and >kindly< ask them if BB allows the PM. Tell the employee that you went to Target and asked them to PM BB's 3DSXL bundle and that they allowed it (you're not lying because they do it) but you want to get the bundle from BB because you want to use your RZ card (this was actually my intention anyways). They'll call a manager over and the manager will throw in a $20 gift card.

Anywho, used the $20 gift card to pick up two PS3 Killzone Trilogy controller bundles for $40 a piece, opened one in my car, and went straight to Gamestop to trade one pair in for a total of $50.30 ($26.10 for Killzone Trilogy and $24.20 for the controller after PUR bonus). Don't really have a use for more controllers so I may go back and trade in the second controller and keep just the game.[/QUOTE]Well, snap. If I can get an XL for (effectively) $139.99, I might just forget about waiting for better colors. I'll give this a shot on Wednesday (the next day I can get to a BBY), and if it works, cool, if not, I'll keep waiting. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

[quote name='DREAMMOS']I'm not sure. Also, my system was not opened so I could have returned it and gone to Target if they didn't give me the deal.[/QUOTE]

gave them a call. but they said they don't price match promotions (Target).
I have no luck with this :/

bread's done
Back