3DS XL Black/Black $149.00 Walmart.Com

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Black-Black/26833356

For those who wish to price match with best buy you can either go to the store, or you could call 1-800-bes buy and press 0 at the main options and it should bring you to a representative, ask to place an order with a price match, it is a gaming console, and then they should transfer you to a sales rep, then you should be able to give them the BB item SKU 1145026 and then direct them to walmart.com (the walmart.com item number is 26833356 if that would help them).
After that they will ask for your information if it is your first time, and your order will show up in your email, and on Bestbuy.com

It is amazing to me that at 4:48AM EST, or less then 15 minutes after this was posted it has no replies yet has been viewed by 28 guests (only 1 registered member) and has already been ported to SD.

I really wish the format of CAG was different.

Is this a good deal?

I wanted to wait until Black Friday 2014, but not sure it will be cheaper then.
You want to wait a full year hoping it will be a little cheaper? CMON the XL has a massive library of great games. $149 is crazy good for an XL.

With that attitude why buy any game ever because it might be cheaper if you wait a full year o.o x.x

It is amazing to me that at 4:48AM EST, or less then 15 minutes after this was posted it has no replies yet has been viewed by 28 guests (only 1 registered member) and has already been ported to SD.

Now, now! Play nice...

Is this a good deal?

jV9Ck.png
I really can't tell if you're joking.

Is this a good deal?

Prices are slowly creeping down. I don't see them going much lower then $150 although Target had them at that price point twice in the last ~ 5 weeks.

If you didn't bite during those sales to get an LE Console with a game packed in I'm not sure why you would bite on this.

However if we continue to see more ~ $150 sales I'm going to guess we are going to get an MSRP drop (or possibly a hardware revision) fairly soon.

I could see them doing something like $179.99 for the XL; $149.99 for the standard 3DS (although I've heard rumors they are discontinuing these.... Target shows them as discontinued in their inventory) and keep the 2DS at $129.99

Well then... seems you are right... well at least they credited me for it...? Thanks?

I don't see 99 happening either. The MSRP may lower to 179 or something, but 150 is a great price to buy in now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish the Mario and Luigi would hit this price again, even though I already have 3 limited edition XL's.  I was broke during all the epic sales, and now when I have an abundance of cash its sitting at the 180$+ mark.

Well then... seems you are right... well at least they credited me for it...? Thanks?
It's just amazing to me that at roughly 4:45AM EST we have 28 lurkers in this one thread... this was BEFORE anyone had posted (besides your original OP of course).

This site has seen a sharp decline in activity since 3.0 yet we some how manage to have a bunch of lurkers early on a Tuesday morning?

Is this a good deal?

Used at gamestop they sell for $170-$190.

This is about as good as it ever gets with a 3ds. Black friday walmart had buy a $199 3ds, get a 40$ gift card.

It's just amazing to me that at roughly 4:45AM EST we have 28 lurkers in this one thread... this was BEFORE anyone had posted (besides your original OP of course).

This site has seen a sharp decline in activity since 3.0 yet we some how manage to have a bunch of lurkers early on a Tuesday morning?
If you don't mind my asking, why do reposts on other sites bother you? I don't care much for SD, but that certainly isn't one of the reasons.

If you don't mind my asking, why do reposts on other sites bother you? I don't care much for SD, but that certainly isn't one of the reasons.
Because people seem to be more concerned with ripping a deal so their popularity index (i.e. rep points) will increase then contributing here.

Whomever ripped the deal wasn't logged in at the time they did so so I imagine it was a guest.

This site crawls since the 3.0 changeover which is too bad

This site exists because each time you click a link, and buy something when referred by this site, that this site is able to survive, because a small amount is paid to cheapy for the referral. Also, not only that, but it takes traffic away from this site (where it was actually first spotted) and thus lowers the total amount of people who actually go on here. Besides a few exceptions most people who now use this site are almost entirely previous members.

I mean have you looked at most of their deals they post? They re post almost everything of ours.
They have a habit of clearing out games whenever something hits a crazy price. Given some cag members do the same, but there is always backlash from other members shaming them. So instead of six people getting one game, one person gets six games, and then sells them on ebay.

Also, how would you feel if you posted a deal, and then someone else copies your post, and posts it themselves.

It just feels like this site is about getting cheap games, while helping others out as well, while that site seems to be about getting credited for it, and getting a pat on the back.

Damn, I just bought one a few days ago from best buy at a price-match for $160... 

Wonder if they would be willing to toss in a gift-card if I went back for another price match.. Or is that being too cheap..  :whistle2:k

Damn, I just bought one a few days ago from best buy at a price-match for $160...

Wonder if they would be willing to toss in a gift-card if I went back for another price match.. Or is that being too cheap.. :whistle2:k
Online or in store? Depends what you paid with, because if cash you'd get back $11 + tax in cash.

That's a great deal. I still don't regret buying a 3DS XL from you, Hemi, for a little more. I'd kind of rather my money go to people instead of businesses.

Online or in store? Depends what you paid with, because if cash you'd get back $11 + tax in cash.
In store. It was only because the cashier was being nice and I'd been there a while. I originally tried to get a price match with Fry's, but there isn't one within fifty miles so I just price matched with Walmart and they knocked ten dollars off.

Still don't know if it would be worth it to go back. Just seems like a dick move after all that for ten bucks.

That's a great deal. I still don't regret buying a 3DS XL from you, Hemi, for a little more. I'd kind of rather my money go to people instead of businesses.
Lol I thought of you the second I saw the deal I was like OH GOD because I had fully expected the cheap XL sales to be over by the time I had put that one in my trade list and was just trying to break even pretty much. Thank GOD it isn't a LE like a Zelda or the Mario/Luigi one otherwise I would feel horrible XD.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why 3DS XL has been going for $180 or less in the last month. This is the third or forth time I've seen it at $150. I wonder why the 3DS XL is getting such significant drops, given how well it's selling at MSRP? :whistle2:k

I'm having a hard time figuring out why 3DS XL has been going for $180 or less in the last month. This is the third or forth time I've seen it at $150. I wonder why the 3DS XL is getting such significant drops, given how well it's selling at MSRP? :whistle2:k
Probably because they are trying to clear out old stock to stop flashcard users

Thanks.  I have a friend that missed out on the pre christmas sales, that now has alot of christmas money he wants to use to pick one up.  I sent this over to him. 

Some retailers just want to clear excess stock. Their warehouse space is a premium so they rather make room for other items. As with Walmart you can see they are only selling 1 SKU for this price (Black) -- thus it may be reasonable to think this was the worse selling SKU of the Holiday Season (makes sense as you can get a colored one to better match your preference than a generic Black). So they are clearing out excess units to either bring it down in line with the rest or make space for another item they want to fill this space with.

If it was a universal change and not just limited to retail inventory on hand you would see other retailers drop their price as well.

Some retailers just want to clear excess stock.
It's a great boon for Nintendo as the more 3DS consoles are out in the wild the more popular the system gets. Sony should look at this and try some $150-$160 sales. Two others went out and bought 3DS XLs after playing our new one for a while. The best way to sell the system is to get it into more hands.

It's a great boon for Nintendo as the more 3DS consoles are out in the wild the more popular the system gets. Sony should look at this and try some $150-$160 sales. Two others went out and bought 3DS XLs after playing our new one for a while. The best way to sell the system is to get it into more hands.
While I agree on the methodology for developing user base (sell at a loss to get user base up and hope to earn back to game sales) -- i dont think this price is Nintendo's doing. More Walmart and its business decisions. Which makes them a bit unbiased on if a Vita sells or 3DS sells, as long as the user buys it from them.

This is an awesome deal for the best color of 3DS XL...I paid full retail for it when it came out, and I dont regret it. I might grab an extra just for fun...

bummed that I missed this.  I ended up getting the Zelda 3DS XL bundle which is still 219 there, came to 232 after taxes which is pretty good considering it includes a game I really wanted.

bummed that I missed this. I ended up getting the Zelda 3DS XL bundle which is still 219 there, came to 232 after taxes which is pretty good considering it includes a game I really wanted.
The Mario and Luigi 3DS XL bundle is $169.99

I grabbed one. The library doesn't pull me too much, but for that price I'll give it a shot. I'll probably start out with LBW, Ace Combat and MH3U. These average prices are killing me though. On vita practically everything has been available for under $20 both physical or digital but here I see a sale and it's often just a measly $5 or $10 and digital sales are apparently a rarity. >< Tough platform for a CAG!

I grabbed one. The library doesn't pull me too much, but for that price I'll give it a shot. I'll probably start out with LBW, Ace Combat and MH3U. These average prices are killing me though. On vita practically everything has been available for under $20 both physical or digital but here I see a sale and it's often just a measly $5 or $10 and digital sales are apparently a rarity. &gt;&lt; Tough platform for a CAG!
I built my 3DS library up primarily through AWD. Short of the Zelda and Mario games, I found most of the first-party Nintendo games for around $22 in like-new condition.

Of course, it's not the quickest way to acquire games, but with enough patience, you can make it work.

I grabbed one. The library doesn't pull me too much, but for that price I'll give it a shot. I'll probably start out with LBW, Ace Combat and MH3U. These average prices are killing me though. On vita practically everything has been available for under $20 both physical or digital but here I see a sale and it's often just a measly $5 or $10 and digital sales are apparently a rarity. &gt;&lt; Tough platform for a CAG!
Try trading or buying them used from CAG or gameTZ.

bread's done
Back