3dtv question

I can not help you with your decision sir since I personally don't like 3d, but I commend your gaming dedication for buying one for 1 game

[quote name='dizee']i wanna get a 3dtv for uncharted 3 but i do not know much about them. i currently have a 46inch 1080p hdtv and it works fine.

Does anyone have any tips or advice before I purchase 1? Like Plasma or LED for a 3d tv? stuff like that

also is this a good TV and deal for a 3DTV??

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-46WX800U-46-Inch-1080p-Cinema/dp/B00447I8Y0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/QUOTE]

Here's a link to limited info on the Sony 3DTV bundle for Resistance 3. Since it's playstation branded I'd assume this would have the most top notch info/specs for a gaming 3DTV, the only thing missing is a much larger TV size.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296541

yeah i saw that at e3 and its something to consider but i think id want a larger TV

[quote name='dizee']yeah i saw that at e3 and its something to consider but i think id want a larger TV[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. Evven 27" would've sounded better and more appealing. What interest me (and I hate 3D) is the ability to just see your screen in split screen mode.

I would check out AVSForums. They have an entire forum devoted to 3D tech. I have a Samsung 55" LED C7000 series and it is great. The 2011 version are even better, no bezel basically, just screen. nice looking, great picture.

I guess it depends on the budget. The technology is changing fast with glasses types and other factors.

[quote name='dizee']i wanna get a 3dtv for uncharted 3 but i do not know much about them. i currently have a 46inch 1080p hdtv and it works fine.

Does anyone have any tips or advice before I purchase 1? Like Plasma or LED for a 3d tv? stuff like that

also is this a good TV and deal for a 3DTV??

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-46WX800U-46-Inch-1080p-Cinema/dp/B00447I8Y0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/QUOTE]

I did a lot of research and finally decided upon the 58" Samsung Plasma PN58C8000 (5-stars out of 76 reviews). I chose it over LCD because of the viewing angles. Plus Plasma lifespan is much improved and should be the last TV I purchase. I also wasn't to fond of replacing a lamp in a prior television, which you'll eventually do in a LCD set. Keep in mind LED IS LCD.

The next rage in technophile is 4,000k resolution, but you'd need a television over 120" in order to see the benefit...i.e. not gonna happen.

Purchasing a 1080p 3D television set is a decent 'investment' if you would call it that, you won't need another television for many years.

I'd look for sets that can convert any signal to 3D as well as upconverting any signal to 1080p if you aren't also upgrading your stereo / receiver.

Also, make sure you are getting the new HDMI format 1.4a and not some virtual 3D signal.

[quote name='razrvamp']I can not help you with your decision sir since I personally don't like 3d, but I commend your gaming dedication for buying one for 1 game[/QUOTE]

Ignore the haters...

My whole Wii collection of games can be viewed in 3D and up-scaled to 1080p.

I'm watching the NBA finals in 3D.

I personally don't see what there isn't to like about it, unless folks are afraid of what they don't have and have yet to try.

I like 3D, but the tech is still too new and untried. Hopefully they'll learn from Nintendo's 3DS and be able to do it w/o glasses.

The Plasma/LCD argument should happen independent of the 3D discussion. The thing you need to consider is the cost of the 3D tech that the set is supporting. There are Passive glasses (like the ones in the theater), Samsungs 3D link glasses (i think they use blutooth), Infrared, etc.

Some glasses cost an arm and a leg- for my infrared set they range from $80-$200. The passive glasses that LG are pushing go 2 for $25.00.

Also, each of the technologies has different strengths and weaknesses. For example, the Infrared glasses distort the color on the screen so that blacks have a red tone to them. The Samsung link glasses have been said to cause a rainbowing effect on bright color.

Personally, I'd go to a Best Buy and see if they had each type of the technology on display for you to see in motion.

FYI 3D gaming isn't all that impressive on the PS3. You can totally tell its an after thought. Next gen 3D gaming will be the shit for sure. Games running in 3D mode have a drastically lower resolution (much lower then 720p), also the polygon models, environments, and frame rate take a huge hit. What you end up with is a really ugly mess. The normal "2D" image has a much higher resolution, better polygons, and results in a much nicer viewing experience.

In any case, 3D gaming currently is really only cool to show off to your friends who've never seen it. The novelty wears thin soon after.

FYI so you know 3D games also don't have the same amount of foreground and background as 3D moves. You have a much less impressive depth effect. Once again this more so has to do with the fact the PS3 doesn't have the processing power to pull off impressive 3D depth effects. One report I read said in order for a 3D game to be as impressive as a 3D move you'd have to render two 1080p images running each image at 60 FPS (which totals to 120 FPS). So basically you have to make a 2K image running at 120 FPS. That just can't be practically pulled off on the PS3.

In any case, I'm totally disappointed by 3D in general. There just isn't enough watchable content. It kind of sucks considering I love 3D movies.

For your best viewing experience....Heres what I recommend in terms of TVS....
1. DLPS are dirt cheap, have impressive 3D effects and are super bright.
2. LCDs are great due to there size. However I'd only recommend you get a TV that is full array otherwise the image is too dark. Vizio TVs are surprising good for the money.
3. Plasma TVs by Panasonic have some of the most impressive 3D effects. However they're not as bright as full array LCDS or DLPS...They are much better then normal LCD tvs and edge lit panels. What I like about Panasonic Plasmas is the fact they have the fastest Refresh Rate (somewhere in the 600 mhz). This results in a much smoother 3D image, less of double image effect at certain angles, and an overall less stressful 3D viewing experience (on the eyes). Overall, I'd say in terms of 3D plasmas give the best experience mainly due to the fast refresh rates.

I wasn't too keen on 3D gaming until I was prompted by "Wipeout HD" that it detected my 3D television. I tried it out and have to admit that it is pretty impressive(better than ModNation in 3D). Elements on screen do have a neat "pop" to them, but the glasses that came with my Panasonic TV are heavy and get uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time. There is also a visible loss in contrast, color depth and dynamic range when viewing 3D content.

If you really want to test out a 3D set, I'd suggest this for starters:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...s-illustrated-swimsuit-video-available-today/

;)

I guess faux 3D... my TV has a 2D to 3D option that works well:

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-...Vs/model.TC-46PGT24_11002_7000000000000005702

and yeah, if you hook up your PS3 to a plasma TV you do need to watch how long you play anything with a static hud and adjust your screen settings... fittingly I've got a minor burn-in from playing Burnout Paradise for ~12 hours with the screen brightness set too high.

I just watched a video about Sony releasing a 24" 3D TV that is supposed to be priced at an introductory level:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/14/e3-replays-mick-hocking-shares-future-of-3d/

bread's done
Back