3DTV questions? Move if wrong place

jdktech2010

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure where to put this but I trust most of you guys to be objective and actually help me unlike most of the internet.

So, here's the backstory. I've got a 32 inch samsung 1080i 60 Hz from 2-3 years ago. It's not bad at all and still works fine but the techie in me wnats to upgrade now that I have a job that pays pretty well for a person my age (not a brag topic...I swear). Anyway, I'm looking for a 46 or 47 inch tv for living room that's gonna last a while. After looking for a couple dyas I came accross a Vizio E3D470VX model for 870 dollars which involves 1080p, 120 Hz, 200,000:1 contrast ratio, 5 ms response time and 3D capabilities.

I've heard good thing sabout Vizio and their 2d TVs but that seems like an outrageous price for a 3d tv since the cheapest similiar TV at Best Buy is nearly 1100 bucks. So my question is, does anyone have any experience with Vizio TVs in general, with Vizio 3D TVs and your general impressions. I'd like ot keep it no more than 860 so if I don't get this one, I think the next Vizio is around 700-750 for the same stuff except no 3D and a 100,000:1 contrast.

I'm not too knowledgable about TV tech hence the question. Appreciate any help you guys are willing to give

bread's done
Back