3rd party Wii Component Cables - $9.99 Shipped

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/480-p-hd-component-cable.html

meritline_1940_177243750

That place accepts google checkout by the looks of it so you could theoretically get them for free with the 10 dollar deal. :)

gold plating doesnt matter -- it only stops the connectors from corroding. it DOESN'T make the signal better or stop it from getting worse. it is just a feature of more expensive cables and even some lower priced ones. you shouldn't decide not to get cables just because they dont have gold plating.

those cables actually look pretty nice. i'd say the are on par with the packed in composite ones. they definitely look better than the ones I got from play-asia.

[quote name='NitrousO']That place accepts google checkout by the looks of it so you could theoretically get them for free with the 10 dollar deal. :)[/quote]I saw a logo for GCO at the bottom but not anywhere after I placed the item in my cart, just some fetch paypal info. I think this item doesn't apply, but man, that would be sweet!

[quote name='kmartbum001']gold plating doesnt matter -- it only stops the connectors from corroding. it DOESN'T make the signal better or stop it from getting worse. it is just a feature of more expensive cables and even some lower priced ones. you shouldn't decide not to get cables just because they dont have gold plating.

those cables actually look pretty nice. i'd say the are on par with the packed in composite ones. they definitely look better than the ones I got from play-asia.[/QUOTE]

That is correct, alot of places will pack up prices more than needed by gold plating the connectors, Ive compared HDMI cable with and without the gold plating, no difference in quality

Will these work with the Cube? Every Nintendo system from the SNES to the Cube used the same ocnnector to get signals out, but I don't have a Wii...if so, these would be a great alternative to the high-priced GameCube component cables! :eek:

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Will these work with the Cube? Every Nintendo system from the SNES to the Cube used the same ocnnector to get signals out, but I don't have a Wii...if so, these would be a great alternative to the high-priced GameCube component cables! :eek:[/quote]No.

The GC component connector is video only, as is the cable.

The Wii component connector is video + audio, as is the cable.

[quote name='icedout297']Cheap price but even cheaper cables. They aren't even gold plated =/

I'd avoid them like the plague.[/QUOTE]
Nonono - he/she is totally right. See, my wife left me because I wasn't using gold-plated cables. I lost my job, my dog died, and a deputy sheriff took a dump on my porch.

I got smart fast - I ordered some gold-plated cables, and not only is my signal better, but when I dip them in my Rice Krispies, they make the milk sweet - without the fattening sugar! Also, the hot neighbor chick found out I have the cables, and now she's giving me hummers at least twice a day.

I got a great new job where I don't have to do shit - and at twice the pay. Why? The owner heard I had gold cables!

The best part? I raked my patch with them, and now instead of pubes, I have 4-leaf clovers where the hair used to be! I am so glad I went for those gold cables! They are better!

Still waiting on PlayAsia for mine; backordered still. (It's my 2nd set; first set shipped months ago, but they went to my dad.)

[quote name='emperordahc']Still waiting on PlayAsia for mine; backordered still. (It's my 2nd set; first set shipped months ago, but they went to my dad.)[/QUOTE]

After 2 weeks of waiting for my 10$ cables from them I cancelled that portion of my order. They were nice about it and didn't offer any hasles. My local walmart got a large shipment of 3rd party cables in for 20$ I jumped on them and so far so good on the PQ.

[quote name='generalpatton71']After 2 weeks of waiting for my 10$ cables from them I cancelled that portion of my order. They were nice about it and didn't offer any hasles. My local walmart got a large shipment of 3rd party cables in for 20$ I jumped on them and so far so good on the PQ.[/QUOTE]
I have to regress; PlayAsia just shipped mine last night.

anyone here receive their cable and can attest to the quality of it? there's a 5 star review on the site but i'd like more feedback. thanks!

Ordered and got cables same week.They work fine,noticed a big positive difference in RE4 for cube,BUT wii sports looks kinda crappy in progressive.When you start a game (at least GC ones I remember) you get a "Do you want to run this in Progressive mode?" option.Can't remember if Wii games ask or not.So,on games that were made to take advantage of it, 480P with these cables the picture is very good.

[quote name='bvcxz11']Ordered and got cables same week.They work fine,noticed a big positive difference in RE4 for cube,BUT wii sports looks kinda crappy in progressive.When you start a game (at least GC ones I remember) you get a "Do you want to run this in Progressive mode?" option.Can't remember if Wii games ask or not.So,on games that were made to take advantage of it, 480P with these cables the picture is very good.[/quote]

For the Wii you have to set it to 480p yourself in the settings menu.

bread's done
Back