$4.99 Best Buy Games IN-STORE!!!

Meursault

CAG Veteran
I hadn't even seen the topics on CAG about the online prices. I just happened to walk into a Best Buy on the way home from work (night shift).

Anyway, there are way more $4.99 games (and under) that have not been mentioned in the other threads on this page, and I really doubt the prices are YMMV. I think it's good for all stores if your store has them.

In fact, I actually browsed through an entire list of all of the $4.99 and under games. There were probably around 50 of them.

This is what I picked up:

Megaman Network Transmission (GC) = $4.99
Wario World (GC) = $4.99
NCAA Football 2004 (GC) = $4.99
Phantasy Star Online I & II (XBOX) = $4.99
Voodoo Vince ($4.99)

This is what I had in my hand but in the end decided not to get:

Bionicle (XBOX) = $4.99
Big Mutha Truckers (XBOX) = $4.99
Evil Dead: Fistful Of Boomstick (XBOX) = $4.99
The Italian Job (XBOX) = $4.99

There were a load of the other games available, many for the PS2 (which I don't have), so I was less interested in what those games were, but there must have been at least 25 titles or so.

From what I remember, Dark Cloud, Primal (?), NCAA Football 2004, DMC 2, etc.

Also, there were a ton of GBA games for cheap. Boktai was $9.99, for example. Again, I don't have a GBA, so I wasn't really paying rapt attention.

Also, some PS2 and PSX games were 99 cents. Don't remember what they were unfortunately.

Shrek 2 Preview Disc (?) was 1 cent.

Sorry I couldn't pilfer the list, but it was left out on a table (I think by accident), and I got some suspicious looks from some employess when I was leafing through it.

My memory's pretty good though, in general...

I'll try and answer any questions if there are any!

[quote name='russtophiles'][quote name='ikill2game']i'm going to be checking this out today and if i get more than one copy of it, one is your's.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks! I've been a bit miffed since I missed out on the last Wario World deal.[/quote]

sorry, they were all out of WW :(

man....by the time i get outta work everything is gonna be gone.

plus living in NJ/NY sucks, since the best buys usually have nothing.

What time did you get there Shipwreck? I was there at about 2:25.
Unfortunetaly all I saw were a few mary-kate and ashleys, and they would have to pay me to take those.

Weak! The BB in Greensboro, NC didn't have anything. I know one of the guys that works in the video games area, and he knew exactly what I was talking about in reference to the $5 games. He said that they didn't have most of the titles to begin with, and what they did have, they had like 1 of, and they were all gone. The only titles that they did have when I got there at 2:30 PM were Scooby-Doo on GBA and DBZ Ultimate Battle 22 for PSX. Suck. :?

just got back from checking out the 2 best buys nearest to me. here are somemore titles they had for $4.99 that haven't been listed yet:

GC:
beyond good & evil
rogue ops

XBX:
harry potter & the chamber of secrets
nba jam 2004

GBA:
fairly odd parents: breakin da rules
disney's magical quest
battlebots
medabots ax: medabee
muppets: on with the show
tom & jerry: infurnal escape
golden sun: the lost age

E-RDR CARDS for $0.01:
tennis
donkey kong 3

there were others, but they've already been listed. and i didn't look at PS2 at all, mainly cuz i don't have a PS2.

[quote name='peloquin17']man....by the time i get outta work everything is gonna be gone.

plus living in NJ/NY sucks, since the best buys usually have nothing.[/quote]

Atleast you have a BB near you. Some of us are left to do nothing but drool over the deals some of you guys are getting.

I did order some stuff on-line this morning but who knows if we'll ever get them. Plus, a lot of good ones weren't online like Wario Ware, Mega Man, and Wario World.

man i just drove out to the knoxville store (on peters rd.) and this is COLD

they don't have anything less than 9.99, and that is for rogue ops. the rest are 19.99 or more from the list so far (xbx, ps2, gc) i didnt check gba games.

blah my knoxville bb never has these deals - does anyone know why?

Here's what I found at my local BB:

Xbox games for $4.99
The Thing
Test Drive
UFC 2
Legends of Wrestling II
NBA Live 2003
Nightcaster II

Xbox games for $0.99
Pulse Racer (out of stock)
Rainbow Six 3 Companion Disc

Bought 4 of the $5 games. A little word of advice to some of you discouraged because your store was out of stock on everything: Make sure you look through all of the games. Some people like to hide and come back and buy later (for what ever reason), but I found UFC 2, Legends of Wrestling II, Nightcaster II, and NBA Live 2003 all hidden amongst other games.

[quote name='everdave']man i just drove out to the knoxville store (on peters rd.) and this is COLD

they don't have anything less than 9.99, and that is for rogue ops. the rest are 19.99 or more from the list so far (xbx, ps2, gc) i didnt check gba games.

blah my knoxville bb never has these deals - does anyone know why?[/quote]

it is possible that they didn't updated the little tags yet. did you do a price scan at the register?

Here in San Diego where everything is expensive the deal is not going on. I took a couple of the games and checked the prices and they're still 29.99+....

Sunny

Darn . . . I combed through every game at my Best Buy . . . all I found was a copy of Phantasy Star Online Xbox . . . Anyone looking for one?

Can someone secure me a copy of Wario World???? I will send $10

or, I have for trade PS2 Crash Wrath of Cortex, GC Robotech, Xbox Phantasy Star

Please, CAGs you're my only hope . . .

[quote name='schultzed']Darn . . . I combed through every game at my Best Buy . . . all I found was a copy of Phantasy Star Online Xbox . . . Anyone looking for one?

Can someone secure me a copy of Wario World???? I will send $10

or, I have for trade PS2 Crash Wrath of Cortex, GC Robotech, Xbox Phantasy Star

Please, CAGs you're my only hope . . .[/quote]

I'm about to go back to BB, I'll look for a copy of Wario World, I'm interested in you PSO. I'll let you know in about 30 mins If I found a copy.

Wario World fo GC correct?

Bah. I just came from the 23rd Street NYC store and there was nothing on sale. No games tagged at 4.99. The only game I even saw from the list was Wario Ware for GC and it scanned at 29.99. Maybe it will kick in at this store tomorrow?

If anyone got extra of Warioware for GC and/or GBA PM me for a swap, I have a bunch of .01 cent game guides and some other stuff, plus I'd of course pay the cost of the games.

[quote name='jshorr']Bah. I just came from the 23rd Street NYC store and there was nothing on sale. No games tagged at 4.99. The only game I even saw from the list was Wario Ware for GC and it scanned at 29.99. Maybe it will kick in at this store tomorrow?

If anyone got extra of Warioware for GC and/or GBA PM me for a swap, I have a bunch of .01 cent game guides and some other stuff, plus I'd of course pay the cost of the games.[/quote]

no dice dude...
just thumbed through everything... and grabbed what was left...
23rd is cleared of goodies...
sorry. but it already kicked in... they just didnt have anything.

[quote name='jshorr']Bah. I just came from the 23rd Street NYC store and there was nothing on sale. No games tagged at 4.99. The only game I even saw from the list was Wario Ware for GC and it scanned at 29.99. Maybe it will kick in at this store tomorrow?

If anyone got extra of Warioware for GC and/or GBA PM me for a swap, I have a bunch of .01 cent game guides and some other stuff, plus I'd of course pay the cost of the games.[/quote]

it's warioworld that's on sale, not warioware gc

plus I was there with joystickz hehe, there should still be 1 beyblade gc, right joystickz? :)

Man, and what's funny is is that it seems like a month or so ago at my local BBs they had nearly an ENTIRE SHELF of Wario Worlds. Bummer.

my BB has none of this.. (los angeles CA) if some one can pick up an extra copy of Megaman Network Transmission & lost kingdom 2 ill will pay extra. + shipping. let me know please.

it's not wario ware, it's wario world

[quote name='jakemrjr']What time did you get there Shipwreck? I was there at about 2:25.
Unfortunetaly all I saw were a few mary-kate and ashleys, and they would have to pay me to take those.[/quote]

I probably got there a little after 2. You probably saw me. I was the guy walking around with one of those black Best Buy bags full of games. Some guy was combing the games at the same time I was. He even asked if I worked there. Wasn't you by any chance was it?

my bad, I must be going crazy....

[quote name='ikill2game'][quote name='jshorr']Bah. I just came from the 23rd Street NYC store and there was nothing on sale. No games tagged at 4.99. The only game I even saw from the list was Wario Ware for GC and it scanned at 29.99. Maybe it will kick in at this store tomorrow?

it's not wario ware, it's wario world[/quote]

[quote name='Tbolt7']If anyone finds a copy of Gladius for GC, I'll pay $10 for it.[/quote]

they have gladius for GC at Sam's Club for $12.83 if you aren't able to get in on this deal.

[quote name='maxflight'][quote name='everdave']man i just drove out to the knoxville store (on peters rd.) and this is COLD

blah my knoxville bb never has these deals - does anyone know why?[/quote]

it is possible that they didn't updated the little tags yet. did you do a price scan at the register?[/quote]

my bb (fullerton, CA) was cold too! i even went up and had the worker scan them at the register. no luck! :(

Bloomington, IN Best Buy is totally cold...they had Blinx and Haven for $5 and that's it. My buddy who works there said most of the games were probably bought by the employees who did the stocking and price changing prior to the store opening.

I went to the BB in fullerton, CA and they didn't have shit. However the bestbuy I went to in Yorba Linda, CA had a few I was able to pick up Lost Kingdoms II and Chaos Legion for $4.99. Here are the 4.99 games I saw there

Disney Extreme Skateboarding PS2
Lost Kingdoms II GC
Chaos Legion PS2
Tony Hawk 2x XB
WWE RAW XB
XGRA PS2
HAVEN PS2
NCCA March Maddness 2003 PS2
and that was it

I had one of my friends who worked at this bestbuy check a few games in the computer and all the ones that were listed earlier like Wario World, Megman etc are all indeed $4.99. Its just a matter if your bestbuy had them.

I also forgot to mention I found Winning Eleven Soccer 6 PS2 for $9.99. Even though its not $4.99 its still a good deal since most places don't carry it anymore and ebgames has it for $39.99. I would've picked it up if I didnt already have Winning Eleven 7.

No 4.99 deals or anything special at Emeryville, CA Best Buy. I picked up Legaia 2 for $9.99 and a couple GGC cause I didn't wanna leave empty handed though. Gonna check Union City CA Best Buy tomorrow and have a friend check out the one near Concord.

I checked 2 BBs and neither one had any of the games mentioned in this thread. I'm happy for everyone that was able to get in on this deal, but I'm fucking fed up with Boner Buy. Does anyone know if rainchecks are avialable? I'm so fucking sick right now.

The BB off 15 and Mira Mesa in San Diego had zilch. Any titles that could of been $4.99 were sold out to begin with. Bah.

So begins the wait to see if BB comes through for once with yet another low price snafu. DMC2 and Origins (only the most common thing I saw people buy in the other thread) better show up this time... Still kind of bent on the $9.99 title debacle of last year :/

I just picked up Minority Report for .99 cents, Freedom Fighters for $4.99, Timesplitters 2 for $4.99 and XGRA Racing for $4.99. I am looking for Wario World if anyone can help me out. The BB in Modesto, CA also had Rocky for $4.99, some fishing game for $4.99 and NCAA basketball and football for $4.99. Nothing else really.

I just came back from 2 BestBuy in Wilmington, DE. It's very worthy to me, but good deal is running out very fast.

I got those in BB at Kirkwood hwy.
Jimmy Neutron Jet Fusion (PS2) $4.99
Godai: Elemental Force (PS2) $9.99
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure (PS2) $4.99
Lethal Skies II (PS2) $4.99
Legaia 2: Dual Saga (PS2) $9.99
XGRA (PS2) $4.99
Winback: Covert Operation (PS2) $9.99
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrits (XBOX) $4.99
Mary Kate & Ashley Sweet (GC) $4.99
Golden Sun: the lost age (GBA) $4.99

The cashier was joking with me that I bought too many vedio games but he became speechless when he saw the total ($64.90 for 10 games).

I got followings at BB on 202.
Lord of the Ring fellowship of the ring (PS2) $4.99
Unlimited Saga (PS2) $4.99
Minority Report (PS2) $0.99

Minority Report is listed as $4.99 but it rings up at $0.99. For those who is looking for buying PS2 dvd cases, you may consider this one. For XBOX cases, RS3 Demo disc would be a good choice ($0.99 also).

There is a BB right when I get out of the subway near my house. I'll hit it up today and report back!

could someone help me? i dont have any of those at mine in maple grove, MN. could someone possibly pick up some of those for me. i can pay you extra for the shipping and the hassle.

i need these 5$ games

wario ware (gba)
freedom fighters (gc or ps2)
i ninja(gc or ps2)
xgra(gc or ps2)
nhl hits pro(gc or ps2)

please pm me if you can help me, thanks!

Picked up:

Wario - GC
RLH - Xbox
DBZ Goku - GBA
Freedom Fighters - PS2
Hulk - GC
Resident Evil Dead Aim

Instore Pickup: FF:Origins

Not bad for about $40!

Thanks OP, you gave me a good reason to go to BB a little early.

I just go back from my BB (Greenville SC). Completely wiped out. I know they had 2 of the GC games on Sun because I was looking at them. I guess another CAG beat me to them. It did have several more empty racks than on SUN. So I bet they had some of the others as well. That's the bad thing about working first shift. All the deals are gone by 4:30.

Nothing worth noting on Nassau Park Boulevard, NJ

I saw (but did not buy) NHL Hitz Pro (GCN), Sphinx (GCN) and Spyro (GBA) - other than that they were out of everything.

Just got back from the Naples, FL Best Buy and they had a bunch of $4.99 games, here's what I picked up:

Lost Kingdom II - GC(has free memory card inside so thats a little added bonus)
Roadkill - PS2
Beyond Good & Evil - GC
Guilty Gear X2 - PS2
Haven: Call of the King - PS2
Quantum Redshift - XB

Good luck to everyone else looking for these deals. :D

Lost Kingdom II - GC(has free memory card inside so thats a little added bonus) - I almost picked that up but i figured it was like a 3 block card made by a 3rd party.

Picked up
Xbox ESPN Football 2004 $4.99
Xbox Evil Dead: A Fistful of BoomStick $4.99
Xbox Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit $4.99
Xbox Capcom VS SNK 2 EO $4.99
Xbox Syberia $4.99
Xbox Aliens VS Predator Extinction $4.99
Xbox Otogi $9.99
Gamecube Rocky $4.99
Gamecube Warioworld $4.99
Gamecude Big Mutha Truckers $4.99
PS2 Lethal Skies $4.99