$4.99 Games at SamGoody

big_squirtle

CAGiversary!
OK here's the Deal, I was at Sam Goody last night and it seems they have some sort of sale going on. This is definetly YMMV, because I checked online and they have normal prices. Apparently they have a couple of games that are $20 with a 75% off sticker on them. The price is actually $4.99. Heres the best part.....some are also greatest hits. They have PS2, Xbox and GC games with these stickers. This is what I managed to pick up.

Platinum Hits - Star wars Starfighter $4.99
Night Caster - $4.99
Circus Maximus - $4.99

I only got these XBOx games cause I had, or wasn't interested in what they had for other systems. Note Circus Maximus didn't have a sticker, but it still was $4.99. The sticker on it said $19.99.

Sorry if this was already posted.

nevermind.. i found them.. none in manhattan...

Store 1
Sam Goody
Court Street Plaza, Space L2
59 Newark Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
201-653-0931
view map | view directions

Store 2
Sam Goody
The Mall At Mill Creek
3 Mill Creek Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094
201-863-5050

Store 3
Sam Goody
Metro Mall
66-26 Metropolitan Avenue
Middle Village, NY 11379
718-456-0085

Store 4
Sam Goody
Queens Ctr Mall, Space B-103
90-15 Queens Blvd
Elmhurst, NY 11373
718-592-2268

Store 5
Sam Goody
Kings Plaza, Space F-6
Kings Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11234
718-253-6701

Was this a going out of business sale? My Sam Goody did it a while ago, with increasing percentage off as time went on, but by the time it hit 75% most of the stuff was gone (although I did get some good dvds).

There used to be one in the manhattan mall waaay back in the day

[quote name='joystickz']nevermind.. i found them.. none in manhattan...

Store 1
Sam Goody
Court Street Plaza, Space L2
59 Newark Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
201-653-0931

Store 2
Sam Goody
The Mall At Mill Creek
3 Mill Creek Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094
201-863-5050

Store 3
Sam Goody
Metro Mall
66-26 Metropolitan Avenue
Middle Village, NY 11379
718-456-0085

Store 4
Sam Goody
Queens Ctr Mall, Space B-103
90-15 Queens Blvd
Elmhurst, NY 11373
718-592-2268

Store 5
Sam Goody
Kings Plaza, Space F-6
Kings Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11234
718-253-6701
[/quote]

OK Let me try to answer all I can:

Yeahokthenfu - I am not sure what other games they have, I noticed the price and grabbed what I could because they were closing. But they did have a couple, nothing that really caught my eye. For Example Moto GP, MK Deadly Aliance

Tromack - You are very welcome

Starman - I doubt they are going out of business, there were no big signs or anything. Just Some games that were marked with a Red and Yellow sticker that said "75% off". There were also some with 25% off stickers. I didn't check out the movies though, like I said they werre closing and I just happened to pass by the games.

Hope This helps, good luck.

Im going to head back to the Sam Goody I was at yesterday, I will try to get a better idea of how many and what titles are on this sale, Or closeout / clearance or what ever the hell its called. I will post my finds tonight.

just went today. there was a cardboard box ala CC with games in a bin. Except this one said "$9.99 & up" but I didn't price check any of them since they weren't really worth it. The best thing I saw in there was Spyro 2 for GBA and State of Emergency for PS2. Didn't pay attention to the X-box games since I don't have one

Wow, 4.99 games are popping up everywhere nowdays! :D

I'll check it out when I go back to the Town East Mall, because that's the only Sam Goody I know of that's still in business.

just called my store and asked if they were having a videogame clearance...he said, "uh, its not really a clearance, but we're have a sale"....so i asked, "4.99 and up?"...he said, "yeah"

Interesting, I actually have a SamGoody down the road from me, so lets play 21 questions:

1. How many people have gone to SG?

2. How many people found they had $5 games

3. What games were they?

4. What SGs have already been raided?

and you can come up with the other 17 yourselves.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']6. Should I go now, or tomorrow?[/quote]

imo, if you have nothing else better to do, then go, otherwise, i'd say there's no rush, heh

i'm going to check again today

Can anyone confirm that this is national or YMMV?
Maybe someone from California and someone on the east coast can check. I sorta stuck right now because of weather otherwise i'd go.

OH if you check maybe you can make a list.

eastcoast here....its going on here...just call ur store...come on people, pick the phone up....if you have a computer(which i dunno how you'd be on here if not), then im sure you have a phone....the computer has a site called www.samgoody.com ...go to store locator and stop being lazy...

SamGoodys have been closeing all over for awhile now. My mom works for Best Buy Distro Center and it used to be owned by Musicland which owned SamGoody. Best Buy didn't want any of the Musicland stores so they just closed them.

My SamGoody went out last year and I scored some good deals there. I picked up Okage for $4 and Panzer Dragoon Orta for $10 as well as a few DVDs.

This is running here at Sam Goody in Baton Rouge, Louisiana as well. I picked up 4 decent x-box titles (all normally $20 games) for $5 each and Wild Arms 3 - ps2 for $7.50 - not too shabby. They had another lame sale that they were pushing in the front, but the real deals were mixed in with regular stock. They had a few nice things left. It wasn't a going out of business sale, BTW - seemed to be a summer clearance type deal.

Thanks!

[quote name='NObodyNOWHERE']This is running here at Sam Goody in Baton Rouge, Louisiana as well. I picked up 4 decent x-box titles (all normally $20 games) for $5 each and Wild Arms 3 - ps2 for $7.50 - not too shabby. They had another lame sale that they were pushing in the front, but the real deals were mixed in with regular stock. They had a few nice things left. It wasn't a going out of business sale, BTW - seemed to be a summer clearance type deal.

Thanks![/quote]

You or anyone else care to share what these titles are, cuz if I get there and see nothing but big mother truckers and 4x4off road racing I'm gonna be a little pissed. Also is this just for ps2 & Xbox or is gamecube in on the deal too.

There was once a time when the Westfield Shoppingtown in Vancouver, WA had two Sam Goody stores. One on the first floor and the other on the second. I'm not kidding. I guess one of them used to be another store that the company bought. They eventually closed one of the stores.

Anyways, Sam Goody is full of overpriced crap most of the time, but that's another story.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']There was once a time when the Westfield Shoppingtown in Vancouver, WA had two Sam Goody stores. One on the first floor and the other on the second. I'm not kidding. I guess one of them used to be another store that the company bought. They eventually closed one of the stores.

Anyways, Sam Goody is full of overpriced crap most of the time, but that's another story.[/quote]

At one point one of them was a Musicland or one of two other chains whose name escapes me at the moment but anyways, the parent company went on a buying spree and acquired several chains that were mainly in other territories but some overlapped with existing Sam Goody stores. With this kind of brilliant application of investment capital is it any wonder the company has been teetering the last few years?

A similar situation existed for a while in the Oaks Mall in Thousand Oaks, CA. These stores were located so close together you might have thought they were built one atop the other and they'd absent mindedly forgotten to put an interior staircase in. For a while they at least tried to make the best of thing by not duplicating the stock betwen the stores. Since it tended to be, ah, uncompetitively priced, it didn't make much difference.

OK I went last night and got Panzer Dragoon for $5 and Wave Race for $5. Will try to update again later, a friend of mine is seeing what they have at another one Downtown. Also note, this is more of a hunt then a sale. These games arent just laying in a bin. You have to look behind other games and dont be afraid to price check. Also note Wave race had the 75% sticker and Panzer didn't. Good luck.

Hmm, already have Waverace I'm afraid, aww hell I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to just go in and check it out. Probably do all this sometime tomorrow.

I found a Wild Arms 3 with a 75% off sticker and a 25% off sticker on some Capcom Racing game on XBOX. I bought some games to the register to get scanned but I was told it was a waste because they were priced as marked.

Maybe that Wario World really was 49.99 though.

Well I got Wario World for $2.50 new, so I'd say that's much too much. Anyway I'll be checking this out tomorrow, for the hell of it, as well as Target to see if anything has dropped again. Hopefully I add a few more games to my ever-growing sealed games pile.

zen...where did you get wario world new for $2.50??? sam goody? this deal?

i went to the sam goody in white marsh mall, md and they had a crap load of games on the back wall.....maybe 2 games had a sticker saying 25% off....so i asked the 2 girls working (who obviously wouldn't have known crap by the looks of them) and they said, of course, "we don't know anything about videogames or videogame deals going on"...then i came across a stand in the front corner of the store and it had one bin full of games $9.99 and up (all crappy games, it looked like they were all bought from CC for $4.99 and resold there)....the next display had all of your new games....and one more display had a bunch of games ($4.99 at CC) 2 for $24.99....needless to say, i passed....i'm guessing that the prices and deals are ymmv, depending on where you live....otherwise, this deal is crap and it sucks

[quote name='zephyr.prime']nothing at the minnesota mall of america that I saw.[/quote]

Hey thanks for the heads up, I was thinking of heading over there today. Now that I know there's no cheapass goodness, skip it.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']oh yeah, the OP owes me gas money[/quote]

Now that's about the cheapest ass gamer comment I've heard on here. Let me know how this goes cause it could set a precident for noobs posting crappy deals in the future!

[quote name='lurknomore']This is such a non-event, based on the enthusiasm in this thread.[/quote]

yeah, there wasn't even one exclamation point!

bread's done
Back