4 awesome(Darkstalkers + more Capcom PSP titles at CircuitCity $12.99 - Possible YMMV

Donnums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys, just got in to work and saw we got several copies of Darkstalkers: Chaos Tower, Ultimate Ghouls N Ghosts, Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, and Capcom Classics Remixed for PSP for $12.99 each. These fall under the Cool Deals section. I believe in the ad for the 13th(weekend of, don't know exact date) we have 25% off all cool deals games. Check em out, I have Darkstalkers, Ghouls and Alpha and they are definitely worth $13! SHOULD be storewide, but I put YMMV just in case.

I can also vouch for pulling combos off fine in Darkstalkers on my Slim (and loads are more acceptable than on launch PSPs).

I don't see that anyone suggested SFA3 wouldn't handle acceptably. My issue with fighters on PSP is all the potential torquing of the chassis under intense playing as well as pounding from the buttons. I'm simply willing to risk it for Darkstalkers, but not any other fighter.

[quote name='H22A']...I don't see that anyone suggested SFA3 wouldn't handle acceptably.[/QUOTE]

If you go on Amazon, more than one reviewer makes mention of how "BAD" the PSP controls are to play SFA3. I had my expectations on the floor when I popped in the UMD...only to be pleasantly surprised at how EASY it was to pull off combos & even finish Arcade Mode at level 8 without continuing (ok, that last one was just bragging rights).

[quote name='freestylenut']If you go on Amazon, more than one reviewer makes mention of how "BAD" the PSP controls are to play SFA3. I had my expectations on the floor when I popped in the UMD...only to be pleasantly surprised at how EASY it was to pull off combos & even finish Arcade Mode at level 8 without continuing (ok, that last one was just bragging rights).[/QUOTE]

Indeed, the complaints are fairly common, just didn't see them in this very thread. Regardless, getting either or both of these PSP Capcom fighters makes for great gaming and deals at these prices. Just wasted part of the afternoon playing through (or rather a middling percentage of...) the Tower mode on Darkstalkers myself.

I hate to go off topic but professor, I LOVE your DeviantArt gallery! Simply amazing!

Anyways, I got Alpha 3 when it first came out and it's EASILY worth the $13. I played it on the Fat PSP's D-Pad and it did fairly well. Better than Darkstalkers. I'm tempted to get the Kratos Slim PSP when it comes out...

Going for Ghosts, but not sure b/w DarkStalkers and SF3. I've loved SF for a long time but am open to new experiences - suggestions?

(I only want to get 2 games, btw)

great deal picked up street fighter and convinced some friends at work to get it too and now were having street fighter fights in the break room.

[quote name='prateeko']Going for Ghosts, but not sure b/w DarkStalkers and SF3. I've loved SF for a long time but am open to new experiences - suggestions?

(I only want to get 2 games, btw)[/quote]

Well, apparently, the new PSPs have a better D-pad than the fat ones. I can't attest to this because I've yet to try one out. Darkstalkers has the awesome Chaos tower; basically fight through different floors and different match endings render different paths. Little more fun than Alpha. Alpha DOES have the World Tour mode though. If you want to get a game basd on Length, Alpha will last. There's a bunch more characters too. The control with the Fat PSP(like I said in above post) works better with Alpha. Darkstalkers is bearable once you get used to how it works with the old D-pad.

Overall..I'd say just go with Darkstalkers since it IS fresh for you. If you played Alpha 3 on the DC or PS1, you've played most of what Alpha MAX has to offer, save for a few extra characters and a couple new game modes.

Haven't played 3 before. Also, you said the fat was worse initially and then said the opposite, which is it? I have a Phat so it may make a difference...

I just thought I'd take this time to recommend that everybody gets the cheapest shipping option from CC. I know this is CAG and a lot of people already do, but I ordered House of the Dead for Wii earlier this week and paid extra for faster shipping. I ordered Street Fighter a day or two later and picked the cheapest option. I got Street Fighter today and I'm still waiting on House of the Dead. Ridiculous.

[quote name='Donnums']I hate to go off topic but professor, I LOVE your DeviantArt gallery! Simply amazing![/quote]

Thank you! :D

bread's done
Back