4 D.C. Comics animated Blu-Rays - $12.99 ea. @ Amazon

That price at Best Buy too, on all except for maybe WW. I didn't look at the price tag for that one. Had to look everywhere in the friggin store, but finally found a copy of Batman.

13 bucks for these are a steal, all are incredible works of animation with great transfers.

If you're a comic fan, I'd pass on Superman/Doomsday. Very, very disappointing how badly they butchered the Death/Return storyline. The only good part for me was the Kevin Smith cameo.

Loved New Frontier and Gothic Knight. Haven't seen WW, yet.

[quote name='mietha']That price at Best Buy too, on all except for maybe WW. I didn't look at the price tag for that one. Had to look everywhere in the friggin store, but finally found a copy of Batman.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info.
I added the links to Best Buy.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Boo I clicked on this halfway expecting that this was a bundle for $13 and I was about to drop my jaw.[/QUOTE]

yeah, title should really be update to say $12.99 EACH

[quote name='LeRoy']Damn, I thought Green Lantern might be included.[/QUOTE]

With the DDD and DVD Planet Sale, Green Lantern was $15 through 8/2. :whistle2:D

On the Superman/Doomsday front -- if you went in expecting an exact translation of the Return portion of the story, you probably didn't notice that the film was 75 minutes. The movie handles the conflict and the Death of Superman arches perfectly. The film could always be amended to make a "Return" sequel later on.

The key points of telling the Death of Superman story fit. The bonus material on the disc was also Super (hehe). I read the comics so I see where some people are coming from, but I also wonder where the reality sets in.

I'm still waiting on the Judas Contract. That and New Frontier were one of the first announced. Since then, Wonder Woman AND GL (and soon the original Batman/Superman arch by Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness, Puiblic Enemies) will be out. Back burners suck.

Sorry, but I'd have to respectfully disagree with you. The fight was pretty bad and did not convey the epic nature that it did in the comics. I understand what you're saying about time constrictions, but that doesn't excuse the poor quality that it, in my opinion and the opinion of many others, had. If they couldn't do it right in that amount of time, they shouldn't have done it at all. The Death and Return of Superman was a seminal moment in comic history, and they butchered it all to hell.

I will agree, though, that the extras were quite good.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The Death and Return of Superman was a seminal moment in comic history, and they butchered it all to hell.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's when DC Comics jumped the shark (I enjoyed calling to kill Jason Todd). If I wanted to read about character deaths that insulted my intelligence I would have stuck to X-Men.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Sorry, but I'd have to respectfully disagree with you. The fight was pretty bad and did not convey the epic nature that it did in the comics. I understand what you're saying about time constrictions, but that doesn't excuse the poor quality that it, in my opinion and the opinion of many others, had. If they couldn't do it right in that amount of time, they shouldn't have done it at all. The Death and Return of Superman was a seminal moment in comic history, and they butchered it all to hell.

I will agree, though, that the extras were quite good.[/QUOTE]

The film was focused on the Death of Superman, not the Return.

While historic, the story's greatest impact was the changes with Green Lantern (and the eventual Batman: Knightfall story that ended up following it).

I grew up with the story as well, but this wasn't intended to be a direct transfer of the story (given the continuity, it couldn't be)... but an homage to the story.

People have different opinions, it happens.

bread's done
Back