4% eBay bucks back on $50+ purchases. Targeted. YMMV.

donny2112

CAGiversary!
4% sucks. Default is 2%. Targeted, so YMMV. Ends Aug. 26 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. blah, blah, blah.

The main reason for this post is to point out that eBay Gift Cards can no longer be used to purchase other gift cards. They've officially closed the rolling option, even with Best Buy.

http://pages.ebay.com/giftcard/faqs.html

Are there restrictions on the use of eBay gift cards?

There are limits on redeeming gift cards, including time and spending threshold limits. Additionally, eBay gift cards may not be used to buy eBay gift cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots).
If you actually are planning to use $50 to get something at Best Buy/GameStop/etc., then this makes sense, as you can still get the eBay bucks on the GC purchase, if you pay with something besides an eBay Gift Card. Rolling is officially dead (unless I'm missing some loophole), though. Figure that was reason enough to have a thread, even if the 4% eBay bucks isn't that good.

http://www.ebay.com

If you are targeted, then it'll show up on the main page there and in My eBay under Messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
A potential loophole I read was buying an item through BB's eBay page and returning it in store for store credit. It is a big hassle though and I wouldn't do it beyond converting whatever eBay credit you have to BB.

A potential loophole I read was buying an item through BB's eBay page and returning it in store for store credit. It is a big hassle though and I wouldn't do it beyond converting whatever eBay credit you have to BB.
So it does work? Or did you just hear about it? The product page for a listing from the Target ebay store states that if you paid with Paypal, you'll get cash if you return the item to a Target store. Idk how it would work out when using an ebay gift card.

So it does work? Or did you just hear about it? The product page for a listing from the Target ebay store states that if you paid with Paypal, you'll get cash if you return the item to a Target store. Idk how it would work out when using an ebay gift card.
Someone suggested the idea but I haven't tried it.

bread's done
Back