4 GB stick on 1.5 FW?

joshthegreat69

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (97%)
Any of you guys know if the 4 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo can work on 1.5 firmware?

I recently bought a card from an Ebay seller who seems to be selling fakes or off brands and I tried it on my 1.5 PSP. Once I loaded all my files on the PSP and tried to access them on the PSP, they all seemed to erase. I'm not sure what's with this card, but it's kinda sketchy.

So could this problem be related to the firmware, or the actual card itself?

Yea, i've had a 4gig memory stick for around a year, the PSP has no problems with it. Ebay has been full of fake pro duo's (If you're buying a memory stick and the place where the brand should be is blank, i think that right there should set off a flag). Stick with the high speed sony, or the Sandisk Ultra II/Gaming. The piraters only seem to be targeting Sony's Black memory stick and the Sandisk blue.

(ive been trying to sell my memory stick pro w/ psp adapter for $150, but all the damn fake 4 gigs that go for less have been throwing it off, 81 views, no bids >

4GBs work. If its a fake..then thats your answer right there.

Sorry to say but with all the previous news about fake memory sticks it is a given not to buy from eBay and only buy from reputable sites. Sorry that you got ripped off, but you deserve what you got.

4gb is the limit, NeoFlash tried to use 6gb in it with their 4-in-1 device and only 4 would show up. But since the 8gb sticks are out now i'd imagine a future firmware update will fix it.

bread's done
Back