4 New Nintendo Selects Aug. 28th!

Donken

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
"Four games will be added to the Nintendo Selects collection on Aug. 28! Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged and Punch-Out!! will be available for $19.99 each!" - Taken from the Wii Facebook Page.

Not sure if anyone posted this already. Save your money til Aug. 28th if you were planning on buying any of these. I'm gonna wait for another Buy 1 Get 1 free sale on Nintendo selects and grab a couple of these then.

:wii: Pre-order on Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be grabbing Super Paper Mario and Punch-out, hope they bring more of these and also do a DS line of Nintendo Selects.

[quote name='boogie4114']Waits for Gargus and his usual MSRP rant.......[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list...

I love MSRP News on the deal's section. News does not equal deal.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I hate to have to get a GH box but sometimes you just have to settle for what you can get.[/QUOTE]just swap the case used from GS then return it w/the new packaging/artwork. Getting the sticker glue off is easy I used my ex gf's hair dryer & some tape before.

[quote name='oasisboy']Add me to the list...

I love MSRP News on the deal's section. News does not equal deal.[/QUOTE]What you fail to realize not everyone reads/follows gaming news thoroughly or goes thru all the other CAG sections. The news breaks & get posted here(many times BEFORE it goes into effect everywhere) someone just checking the weekly ads now just saved $ & they don't have to go back & price match since the MSRP may not be at all stores asap. This has an effect on whether a person should buy now or wait.
Huge price drops = less $ spent = deal maybe not for all but for some & when threads have lots a replies generally there in the right spot...otherwise a mod would move it.

Edit:Since this doesn't take place until Aug. 28 this most certainly belongs here since it'll effect peoples spending habits for close to 2 weeks. That's why price drops are so secretive as is they don't want news leaking early canibalizing their sales.

stoked about strikers. i'd only played it at friends' before and hadn't seen it go down in price, so i'll be in for this. if there's an amazon b1g1, i'll probably throw punch out in there, as i already have the other two titles.

[quote name='Enuf']What you fail to realize not everyone reads/follows gaming news thoroughly or goes thru all the other CAG sections. The news breaks & get posted here(many times BEFORE it goes into effect everywhere) someone just checking the weekly ads now just saved $ & they don't have to go back & price match since the MSRP may not be at all stores asap. This has an effect on whether a person should buy now or wait.
Huge price drops = less $ spent = deal maybe not for all but for some & when threads have lots a replies generally there in the right spot...otherwise a mod would move it.

Edit:Since this doesn't take place until Aug. 28 this most certainly belongs here since it'll effect peoples spending habits for close to 2 weeks. That's why price drops are so secretive as is they don't want news leaking early canibalizing their sales.[/QUOTE]

+1
Im glad this was posted in the deals forum. I mostly look at deals the most.

[quote name='chunlirocks']

Mods please get these fucking idiots off our boards.
[/QUOTE]

Fixed. And agreed.

[quote name='chunlirocks']msrp is not a deal.

Mods please get this fucking shit off our boards.

OLD NEWs TOO[/QUOTE]

You live up to your name Vidiot :lol:

OHHH Punchout.. talk about a game that really never drifted below $49.99. About dam time. UGH ..This would be super prime if there was a B1G1Free somewhere

I think that most deserving and must have nintendo select title is Metroid Prime Trilogy. Why did nintendo sold it in limited quantity? Idiots.

Want to buy Galaxy *again*.
If I didn't already have and LOVE Punch-Out, I'd buy it.

Punch-Out is nostalgia with an update done right.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This. I have been waiting patiently for a VERY long time to score SPM on the cheap and now I should be able to. I hate to have to get a GH box but sometimes you just have to settle for what you can get.[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in any of the titles I suggest you go and on that date and look for any old stock of the standard cases. This is what I usually do cause stores most definitely have a stock of games there prior to the drop and collection.

Super Paper Mario blooooows! They took the great RPG elements of the previous Paper games, removed them, and left you with mediocre action-rpg controls and crappy platforming. Worse yet, the new characters are a bunch of jagged-y, geometry shaped people that are neither rendered well nor interesting. Overall, a major FAIL on Intelligent Systems part...

Punch Out seems like an excellent buy at $20... but now I just need to think about whether or not I want to buy another game for a system I'll be selling soon...

As a collector, what I planned on doing, with the first set, was go to
Fred Meyers, buy the selection, and assuming that the price would drop
within the time to return the game, I could get the difference back.
It's the same barcode,, so it should work. I think that they would have
been refunded, from their supplier, so nobody looses, I think.

Anywho, I completely forgot about it, and didn't get back there in time.

[quote name='Magikarp830']Super Paper Mario blooooows! They took the great RPG elements of the previous Paper games, removed them, and left you with mediocre action-rpg controls and crappy platforming. Worse yet, the new characters are a bunch of jagged-y, geometry shaped people that are neither rendered well nor interesting. Overall, a major FAIL on Intelligent Systems part...

Punch Out seems like an excellent buy at $20... but now I just need to think about whether or not I want to buy another game for a system I'll be selling soon...[/QUOTE]

LIES! ALL LIES! SILENCE YOU FOOL! FUC.... wait... wait...*surpresses inner troll and realizes other people can have opinions*... I disagree :speaktothehand:

[quote name='randomthinker']Super Paper Mario is awesome. Awesome. I played a friend's copy but will definitely be getting my own.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it, but of the 3 Paper Mario games, I felt it was the weakest. The first two are utterly amazing, though.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Booooo still no Super Smash Bros or Mario Kart....really Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

agreed rollobobo, agreed..

[quote name='Achilles00']I enjoyed it, but of the 3 Paper Mario games, I felt it was the weakest. The first two are utterly amazing, though.[/QUOTE]

Never played any paper marios. Is thousand year door better then super paper mario?

Can anyone tell me if these re-releases have the same contents inside as the original non-Select releases? I used to buy new copies of the Players Choice GameCube games and obtain an original cover from somewhere else, and just swap the cover since there was no indication of a re-release outside of the cover. If the disc has the same art and everything, I might want to pick up a few of these.

[quote name='DypaehC']Can anyone tell me if these re-releases have the same contents inside as the original non-Select releases? I used to buy new copies of the Players Choice GameCube games and obtain an original cover from somewhere else, and just swap the cover since there was no indication of a re-release outside of the cover. If the disc has the same art and everything, I might want to pick up a few of these.[/QUOTE]

i think everything is the same besides the art cover. I like the regular cover instend of the selects cover. Best for u is to try to find it in store, buy it, and wait until 8/28 and do a return/ repurchase for the price difference.

[quote name='GlassAgate']As a collector, what I planned on doing, with the first set, was go to
Fred Meyers, buy the selection, and assuming that the price would drop
within the time to return the game, I could get the difference back.
It's the same barcode,, so it should work. I think that they would have
been refunded, from their supplier, so nobody looses, I think.

Anywho, I completely forgot about it, and didn't get back there in time.[/QUOTE]
The originals and the Nintendo Selects have different barcodes.

[quote name='mitnosi']The originals and the Nintendo Selects have different barcodes.[/QUOTE]

Yes. different barcodes. I think as long as its with 30 days, the price can be adjusted.

bread's done
Back