$40/$35/$31 Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland @ gamestop

has anyone played this or Rorona? I'm curious, but i heard Rorona was too bleh.... Any CAGs like to put in their $0.02?

[quote name='Snuggelz']has anyone played this or Rorona? I'm curious, but i heard Rorona was too bleh.... Any CAGs like to put in their $0.02?[/QUOTE]
I've played both of them if you don't mind having time constraints and want something different from the norm they are good games to play. If you want to go save the world, or hate the idea of having to manage your time then you should avoid them, though Totori isn't nearly as limited time wise, but that also comes at the cost of feeling like it doesn't have much focus on what to do.

Was playing Rorona before it got interrupted by Skyrim. Was about 2/3 done. I really liked what I played. Did you ever play Recettear? It's very similar to that, but with alchemy instead of running a shop, and turn based battles instead of action.

I enjoyed Totori as a fun diversion, it's certainly not as epic as many of the games this year but it's charming and pretty fun. I had a hard time with some of the time constraints, doing just about anything consumes time and while it made me value my time it also made me feel a little too rushed to get everything done. That's not so much the games fault as it is mine and it certainly encourages replay value, but it's one of those games that you can't complete successfuly on your first try without a guide. Things get much easier on subsequent playthoughs, though as New Game + is pretty fun.

RPGs are the biggest backloggs. I just started SO international, working on Atelier Rorona, wow that was a quick price drop for this, thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Is combat turn based or real time? Also any good turn based combat JRPG for either console other than Blue dragon, and Lost odyssey?[/QUOTE]

If your're talking about the 360 try our Magna Carta 2. I played the original and it was pretty awesome. I only have a ps3 so sadly I couldn't play the sequel.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']If your're talking about the 360 try our Magna Carta 2. I played the original and it was pretty awesome. I only have a ps3 so sadly I couldn't play the sequel.[/QUOTE]
I am talking either system, luckily I have both. I heard that Magna Carta 2 wasn't turn based though, I thought it was real time.

Funny story though I tried to pick up a copy during the b2g1 sale at a store here. I found a store that had that, star ocean and FFXIII. I had it reserved for store pick up but when I went to get it, the employee working the cash register told me he had bought them that morning, but its ok because he found 2 different stores where I could go to get star ocean or Magna carta, nevermind they were at different stores so I would have to go to both to get the b2g1, and that they were across town. Suffice to say I didn't get any of them.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I am talking either system, luckily I have both. I heard that Magna Carta 2 wasn't turn based though, I thought it was real time.

Funny story though I tried to pick up a copy during the b2g1 sale at a store here. I found a store that had that, star ocean and FFXIII. I had it reserved for store pick up but when I went to get it, the employee working the cash register told me he had bought them that morning, but its ok because he found 2 different stores where I could go to get star ocean or Magna carta, nevermind they were at different stores so I would have to go to both to get the b2g1, and that they were across town. Suffice to say I didn't get any of them.[/QUOTE]

Lol my bad, your're right. I've played a lot of JRPGs since then. There really aren't a lot of good JRPGs current gen...unless you understand Japanese.

Atelier, I played the first one, was really average. Not bad but nothing note worthy. I'll probably pick up the sequel later. I don't see it going for 29.99 for a long time as it's not as terrible as Trinity Universe or Hyperdimension Neptunia.

It's sad to say that Lost Odyssey or FFXIII are the best turned based RPGs current gen

Check out the gameply video for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koHfa-vTlkA

Oh and how could I forget, Resonance of Fate! I f'n love that game (same people who made Star Ocean and probably my favorite developer).

EDIT: Eternal Sonata is also another fun game as it's a mix of turn based and real time.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Lol my bad, your're right. I've played a lot of JRPGs since then. There really aren't a lot of good JRPGs current gen...unless you understand Japanese.

Atelier, I played the first one, was really average. Not bad but nothing note worthy. I'll probably pick up the sequel later. I don't see it going for 29.99 for a long time as it's not as terrible as Trinity Universe or Hyperdimension Neptunia.

It's sad to say that Lost Odyssey or FFXIII are the best turned based RPGs current gen

Oh and how could I forget, Resonance of Fate! I f'n love that game (same people who made Star Ocean and probably my favorite developer).

EDIT: Eternal Sonata is also another fun game as it's a mix of turn based and real time.[/QUOTE]
Ya I actually have the ps3 version of Eternal Sonata, I just need to finish up skyrim (LOL) before going to it. I think I am just going to get FFXIII Star Ocean international and maybe resonance of fate ( I tried it once, but had another game distracting me so I didn't get into it, combat also confused me at first). That way after I beat skyrim I will be good for a bit HAHA.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Ya I actually have the ps3 version of Eternal Sonata, I just need to finish up skyrim (LOL) before going to it. I think I am just going to get FFXIII Star Ocean international and maybe resonance of fate ( I tried it once, but had another game distracting me so I didn't get into it, combat also confused me at first). That way after I beat skyrim I will be good for a bit HAHA.[/QUOTE]

Good choices. And yeah Resonance of Fate has a learning curve (which led to lower scores) but it was probably one of the most fun times I had on the PS3.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Lol my bad, your're right. I've played a lot of JRPGs since then. There really aren't a lot of good JRPGs current gen...unless you understand Japanese.

Check out the gameply video for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koHfa-vTlkA

EDIT: Eternal Sonata is also another fun game as it's a mix of turn based and real time.[/QUOTE]

Encouraging post! I just picked up this BF B2G1 Used
Eternal Sonata
Record of Agarest War
SO4
Resonance of Fate
Two Worlds

Backlog short too! Close to platinum on 3D Dot Game Heroes and 65% done w Valkyria Chronicles.

[quote name='wynams']Encouraging post! I just picked up this BF B2G1 Used
Eternal Sonata
Record of Agarest War
SO4
Resonance of Fate
Two Worlds

Backlog short too! Close to platinum on 3D Dot Game Heroes and 65% done w Valkyria Chronicles.[/QUOTE]

Great pick ups. I'm the opposite, quite a large backlog. Still haven't done Spelunker mode for 3D.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Great pick ups. I'm the opposite, quite a large backlog. Still haven't done Spelunker mode for 3D.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Yeah Spelunker gonna be bosses only tour de force [I hope]. Will be ready to move on, but I really have enjoyed the crap out of this title. Had not heard of it, and someone on the AWD thread commented on its greatness for $8 shipped so I bit.

Will put Lost Odyssey on the to scour AWD for ... have you tried the Disgaea series?

[quote name='wynams']Yeah that's gonna be bosses only tour de force I hope. Will be ready to move on, but I really have enjoyed the crap out of that title.

Will put Lost Odyssey on the to scour AWD for ... have you tried the Disgaea series?[/QUOTE]

I tried almost every jrpg since the ps1 era...so yeah :p I liked the original Disgaea a lot but I gradually lost interest. Still haven't finished 3 but will probably get 4 eventually. Still not better than Stella Deus/FFT/Vandal Hearts/Fire Emblem imo.

Resonance of Fate was legitimately a poorly made game with a cool idea going on underneath the surface. Really not wise to drop too much on it, as I can guarantee you won't finish the game. Send me a PM if you do, I'd be very impressed.

Does Atelier have Japanese audio?

Yes Atelier has JPN/ENG voices. And yes no one in their right mind actually BEATS RoF. We all wanted to though, at some point....

[quote name='Derrick1979']DAMN I just bought this Saturday for $50.... ugg $50 wasted this is turdish and I cant find my receipt for a price match........[/QUOTE]At BB? If so, hope you used your RZ card then goto the RZ site & print off a duplicate receipt.

[quote name='Enuf']At BB? If so, hope you used your RZ card then goto the RZ site & print off a duplicate receipt.[/QUOTE]

No it was at gamestop seeing the Bestbuy stores around here dont carry this game.... I got $40 back for it on Ebay so all is well I guess..

[quote name='Derrick1979']No it was at gamestop seeing the Bestbuy stores around here dont carry this game.... I got $40 back for it on Ebay so all is well I guess..[/QUOTE]O didn't know GS price matched.

Wait. What's wrong with Resonance of Fate? I beat it twice with 100+ hours on the game, leveled my characters to 250, finished neverland, and platinumed it while having lots of fun.

Was this game really that bad? Because it stands as my second favorite game on the PS3 so far. :\

bread's done
Back