$40 CE, $20/$18 New/Used(PS3/360), $20 PC LOTR:War in the North @ Gamestop

Not bad as a hack n' slash but it felt a bit uninspired. Definitely a rental but I'm waiting for 15-20 price point for new.

Hey Enuf, the link is broken. :)

EDIT: scratch that, you the man, Enuf.

Had to edit the links separately should be good to go...

Looks like I'm pm'ing @ BB when I get paid & pick up ME3.

Are there multiple CE's? I saw this one at Best Buy for $60 too (not on sale, that was just listed as the new price) but I thought I remembered a CE that had a statue with it or something too...

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Some guy on here tells everyone not to buy this game in his sig.[/QUOTE]

I didn't look up anything about it until I read his sig, but after checking a few other sources it *does* sound like a terribly glitchy game.

The quiver looks so darn cool, $60... Hmmm, what you guys think? I know I know, buying the game for the extra bonuses, kind of pathetic :p

[quote name='Serpentor']The quiver looks so darn cool, $60... Hmmm, what you guys think? I know I know, buying the game for the extra bonuses, kind of pathetic :p[/QUOTE]

Think about it and realize that you're spending $60 on stuff that will probably never leave your closet.

this is the only game that i stopped playing the day that i received it because i hated it so much. the combat is repetitive/non upgradable and there are bugs everywhere including one that literally prevents you from going any further thus making it impossible to beat the game. as a major lotr memorabilia fan, this game broke my heart.

edit- i should note that this was for the ps3 version, i can't speak for the 360 one.

been this price on amazon warehouse for awhile, was hoping it would be cheaper by now. already beat it but gotta beat it more to plat it.

I enjoyed the game. Might be because I played it co-op locally with my Gf but still. Just ran into some quest glitches that repeated quests, nothing game breaking.

[quote name='esalw822']Are there multiple CE's? I saw this one at Best Buy for $60 too (not on sale, that was just listed as the new price) but I thought I remembered a CE that had a statue with it or something too...[/QUOTE]I think the statue was a BB exclusive for purchasing any version of the game. Now they charge $5 for it I believe.

[quote name='Enuf']I think the statue was a BB exclusive for purchasing any version of the game. Now they charge $5 for it I believe.[/QUOTE]
Was a troll figurine holding what looks like Gimli the dwarf. It was $10 last time I checked.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Anybody think the CE will go lower???[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. It's nearly wiped out in my area now. Only PS3 editions available.

[quote name='Romeo']I highly doubt it. It's nearly wiped out in my area now. Only PS3 editions available.[/QUOTE]

Odd, almost every store within a 15 miles radius of me has them in stock. Interesting, interesting.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Odd, almost every store within a 15 miles radius of me has them in stock. Interesting, interesting.[/QUOTE]

I can't see it going lower. IMO, next stop is converted to used.

[quote name='TheHelix']One does not simply pay $150 for a CE[/QUOTE]

Exactly. When will studios learn that EVERY $150 CE hits the bargain bin? I got burned the first time a $150 CE was available, Halo 3. Pre-ordered six months in advanced, paid full price at midnight to get a high number, in the 100s, then see the price drop fast later.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Have a xbox and ps3 CE in my area. Is the xbox version ok? I remember hearing the ps3 version was busted.[/QUOTE]
That's what others have been telling me, saying you can't even advance at times

[quote name='Romeo']I highly doubt it. It's nearly wiped out in my area now. Only PS3 editions available.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Romeo']I can't see it going lower. IMO, next stop is converted to used.

Exactly. When will studios learn that EVERY $150 CE hits the bargain bin?.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll pick one up.

This was $150 when it released? I thought it was $100...

[quote name='TooPoor']That's what others have been telling me, saying you can't even advance at times[/QUOTE]

They're both busted. We got through around 80% of the game, and couldn't advance any further, on PS3.

Then they fake-patched it, and we still couldn't advance. People starting post-patch also encountered the same problems.

They claim that it's the players' fault for not picking up an item, which I know we picked up.

Their solution is to keep t restarting until you get past. But like I said, that part of the game is like 10-15 hours in.

Edit: These aren't little bugs. These are "if you encounter one, you have to start your game over" bugs. There's half a dozen of them littered at different points, but the Mirkwood one is the most common.

I wouldn't buy it at any price, if you're intending on beating the game.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I guess I'll pick one up.

This was $150 when it released? I thought it was $100...[/QUOTE]

$139.99 to be exact

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw the brand new bestbuy versions of this game have a "weapons and lore" (or something like that) dlc pack sticker. does gamestop have their own exclusive dlc?

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Anybody think the CE will go lower???[/QUOTE]

I am very tempted as Im a CE whore, but would have to bet money that this will be lower somewhere. Amazon has it back up to 60 from almost 50 last week, but amazon looks to be sitting on over 1000 of these.

I am going to return a transfer cable to gamestop since it served its purpose (gotta love 7 day return on new accessories) and gonna trade in 2 old games and get the CE for basically free YAY!

[quote name='technicalstylez']considering using a $25 off pur coupon to pick up the ce for $15 but even then i feel i'm just gonna get mad and hate the game again.[/QUOTE]

dang, didnt think of using PUR. Ive got like 30,000 just sittin in my account being useless, because I only shop at gamestop during B2G1s or to trade in other retailers games.

[quote name='merchie89']dang, didnt think of using PUR. Ive got like 30,000 just sittin in my account being useless, because I only shop at gamestop during B2G1s or to trade in other retailers games.[/QUOTE]

lol same.

Damn, I want this so bad but I'd be cutting into my spending money for PAX East! Ughhhhh.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']So tempted cant decide between regular or CE version. Help me out bros.[/QUOTE]
Are the extras worth $20 to you?

[quote name='TheHelix']One does not simply pay $150 for a CE[/QUOTE]not always true, depends on if it's truly a numbered "limited" edition.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']So tempted cant decide between regular or CE version. Help me out bros.[/QUOTE]check out the unboxing maybe this will help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkw0od4b9A

Oh man! The store I need to swing by tonight has "low stock" on the CE. $40 is my price point! Keep yer nubbins crossed.

EDIT: I already have the troll figure from Best Buy release day, and yes, it's amazing.

EDIT2: I GOT IT! WOOT :D $20 + tax after $20 store credit.

EDIT3: Crap, my wife freaked out over it and loves it. Now she wants one too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they still have some in stock when I get paid in two weeks. Me and my gf loved them and would play through it again. Thankfully we didn't run into any game breaking glitches.

on halloween you both can be his and her's elvish rangers with matching quivers. ;)

[quote name='fortunado']Oh man! The store I need to swing by tonight has "low stock" on the CE. $40 is my price point! Keep yer nubbins crossed.

EDIT: I already have the troll figure from Best Buy release day, and yes, it's amazing.

EDIT2: I GOT IT! WOOT :D $20 + tax after $20 store credit.

EDIT3: Crap, my wife freaked out over it and loves it. Now she wants one too![/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']on halloween you both can be his and her's elvish rangers with matching quivers. ;)[/QUOTE]

I approve this suggestion.

bread's done
Back