$40 gift card with purchase of Bayonetta & Darksiders or $10 for 1 + $5 off in-store

thegame85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

Buy both Darksiders and Bayonetta and get a $40 gift card, buy just one and get a $10 gift card...Good through Thursday 1/7/2010

Edit #2: Also wanted to let you guys know of a pair of $5 off coupons in a little booklet Toys R Us has at their registers. It looks like this:
th_DSC00915.jpg

It has two $5 off coupons for various things, it says Video Game Hardware but not software, should work...look for them at the regular register:
DSC00916.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indiana Jones']Times have changed. Before most of us were even born, many people who worked storefronts took pride in doing their jobs and knowing as much as possible to best help out the customer. These days, many of the employees think the job is beneath them (and by extension the customers are beneath them) and are holding out for the day that a Fortune 500 company comes looking for a high school dropout just like them.

I'm still surprised about the time I went to a chain store to get a price match refund on a game I bought from them because they had it on sale. A supervisor said they only price match at the time of the purchase and that he could "lose his job" if he allowed a price match refund. Of course, there's a freaking sign in the electronics department that talks about a 30 day pricematch, and had I known it was there I could've put an egg in his face. But I just left and went to another of their stores where the CSR refunded me with no hassle.[/QUOTE]

Like working for a Fortune 500 is a wondrous job that is different? [Note: I love my job at the F500 I'm at]. The analogy would be better if you said the music industry, pro sports, or Hollywood came calling. I can't imagine anyone dreaming that they'll be saved by a F500 company.

[quote name='judgedee']I really don't understand the need to find a young female cashier. Aren't they more likely to deny you because they don't want to get in trouble. You gotta find the young bored male cashiers who don't really care.[/QUOTE]

I personally have just always had the best luck with younger females. Plus this time I went in my choices were her or a larger early 30s lady who didn't seem all that happy.

But yes, I realize that in essence it doesn't matter who the cashier is, just the manager, but just getting to the point of speaking with the manager has proven much more simple with young females.

*edit*
Reading this I sound like a complete creep it seems hahah

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Like working for a Fortune 500 is a wondrous job that is different? [Note: I love my job at the F500 I'm at]. The analogy would be better if you said the music industry, pro sports, or Hollywood came calling. I can't imagine anyone dreaming that they'll be saved by a F500 company.[/QUOTE]

I want to be saved by a F500 company. :lol: Shoot, it's hard just finding a paid internship these days. Hopefully I can find a decent job when I graduate college in May.

BTW for those of you worrying about the PS3 Version of Bayonetta it's really not as bad as the Jerks at IGN make it out to be. Screen tearing isn't a huge problem (especially if you got 720p on your TV rather then 1080i) There is a permanent random tear at the top of the screen but it's only barely visible in certain solid colored (like fire) cut scenes. The slow down isn't much different then lots of Ps3 games and it's not too bad.

The loading is ok when you get to practice your moves and combos. The menu system is slow but you should set hot keys and not use that too much.

Anyways I'm glad I got PM'd the Ps3 Version may not be the x360 version but it's still very much worth it

[quote name='acsguitar']BTW for those of you worrying about the PS3 Version of Bayonetta it's really not as bad as the Jerks at IGN make it out to be. Screen tearing isn't a huge problem (especially if you got 720p on your TV rather then 1080i) There is a permanent random tear at the top of the screen but it's only barely visible in certain solid colored (like fire) cut scenes. The slow down isn't much different then lots of Ps3 games and it's not too bad.

The loading is ok when you get to practice your moves and combos. The menu system is slow but you should set hot keys and not use that too much.

[/QUOTE]

+1
I picked it up at TRU today and it's not terrible. It's a bit annoying but not that bad.

Well the deal is dead today but I just wanted to chime in one last time.

Seems my girlfriend took it upon herself to drive a pretty decent length to pick up both games while I was at work. The catch is that I have to wait till Valentines Day to play them, which isn't that bad of a deal. Also wanted to say thanks to everyone who viewed and replied to my first topic, making it a really great success. Happy CAGing!

[quote name='thegame85']Well the deal is dead today but I just wanted to chime in one last time.

Seems my girlfriend took it upon herself to drive a pretty decent length to pick up both games while I was at work. The catch is that I have to wait till Valentines Day to play them, which isn't that bad of a deal. Also wanted to say thanks to everyone who viewed and replied to my first topic, making it a really great success. Happy CAGing![/QUOTE]

Wow, you got a nice girlfriend there. Don't let this one get away.

Got both today at BB for $120 with the $40 gift card. The clerk had to call the store to see if they were in stock, but aside from that, no problems. Reselling Bayonetta for $45 because I don't care for it.

For those who got Darksiders, did it come in the crappy shrinkwrap? I got mine from GS and it looks like the kind they use to re-shrinkwrap games. I don't want to risk not having the mystery code inside.

[quote name='thegame85']Well the deal is dead today but I just wanted to chime in one last time.

Seems my girlfriend took it upon herself to drive a pretty decent length to pick up both games while I was at work. The catch is that I have to wait till Valentines Day to play them, which isn't that bad of a deal. Also wanted to say thanks to everyone who viewed and replied to my first topic, making it a really great success. Happy CAGing![/QUOTE]

That is really nice of her! However, both games are likely to fall in price by Valentine's day anyhow....

I'm going to wait for the inevitable $20-30 drop, but might have to wait 6-9 months.

[quote name='icedrake523']For those who got Darksiders, did it come in the crappy shrinkwrap? I got mine from GS and it looks like the kind they use to re-shrinkwrap games. I don't want to risk not having the mystery code inside.[/QUOTE]

It's probably been re-shrinkwrapped. I got a "new" copy of Borderlands there with the same thing. If you bought it for Xbox and don't have the code, send me a PM and I'll give you one.

Well, my copy of Darksiders was nicely wrapped, however mine had no code inside. I went to the official website and of course there is literally no contact information on it or Vigil Games. So I posted on their forums and there were others that had the same problem, with none of the devs responding to it at all.

I then went to THQ customer support. They have been absolutely no help. He told me that it was simply the initial shipment of the game and that multiple shipments of the game have been made before release so not all will have it. I called out their way of wording on the official site, that it makes it sound like EVERYONE who gets the game the day it comes out, would get a copy. So I asked that he either find an extra code, or let me somehow contact the developers more directly, who are usually much more sympathetic than a lame customer support person.

A new guy then responds that, there were only so many made and it is impossible to get another code and that I could not contact a developer or anyone on Vigil Games. This is where I currently am with the situation, which is just stupid. I will continue my way until I get a copy of the code hahah.

I didn't get the code either. But then maybe the codes were actually just randomly put into the games and not put into all the first batch games. I have read other forums where both 360 and PS3 versions of the game didn't come with the mysterious code. If it's game related, it has to be able to apply for both systems. Hopefully it's nothing too great and turns out to be DLC that we can eventually get later.

The Darksiders Gamestop weapon code is just a generic one you enter into the game in the cheats or something and not something you download from Xbox Live or PSN. Somebody posted the phrase you need to enter in this topic I believe. Vigil have already said there will be no DLC for Darksiders so what you see is what you get.

[quote name='Owen']The Darksiders Gamestop weapon code is just a generic one you enter into the game in the cheats or something and not something you download from Xbox Live or PSN. Somebody posted the phrase you need to enter in this topic I believe. Vigil have already said there will be no DLC for Darksiders so what you see is what you get.[/QUOTE]

We are talking about this.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Darksiders-Ships-With-Mystery-Gift-22087.html

btw the code you are referring to is 'The Hollow Lord'

If the code people are talking about comes on a 5x5 card/slip of paper w/ DO NOT DISCARD and Save This Code! then I think I've got one!!! :D

ordered from GS, btw. And it came resealed/shrink-wrapped. *rollseyes*

bread's done
Back