40% off accessories with pre-order of select titles gamestop.com

Everytime one of their accessory deals comes along, I get excited. And then I try it out and see that it excludes Xbox 360 HDDs every damn time.

Guess you don't want my money, Gamestop....

the discount doesn't work unless you checkout with the preorder. I removed halo reach and the price was still 40% off but at the payment screen it removed the discount.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Everytime one of their accessory deals comes along, I get excited. And then I try it out and see that it excludes Xbox 360 HDDs every damn time.

Guess you don't want my money, Gamestop....[/QUOTE]

It worked for me. Got the new Slim 255 HD 40% off, took 52 off the price.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Everytime one of their accessory deals comes along, I get excited. And then I try it out and see that it excludes Xbox 360 HDDs every damn time.

Guess you don't want my money, Gamestop....[/QUOTE]
exact same thing with me, except take out HDD and put in points cards.

[quote name='shosh']exact same thing with me, except take out HDD and put in points cards.[/QUOTE]

take out points card and put in 12 month.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']the discount doesn't work unless you checkout with the preorder. I removed halo reach and the price was still 40% off but at the payment screen it removed the discount.[/QUOTE]

Mine kept the discount at the payment screen and the emailed receipt had the discounted price.

can you post me the exact steps you took to get the discount without gettin the game? i tried it with fallout new vegas and playstation eye and it didn't work and fallout and dualshock 3 and it didn't work either.. thanks guys!

[quote name='RichmondRhino']It worked for me. Got the new Slim 255 HD 40% off, took 52 off the price.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what I am doing wrong I guess. I add FNV preorder to my cart, then a 250gb HDD, then the promo code. And it doesn't show any percentage taken off. It says right in the promo code discription that it is not valid on HDDs. But maybe the slim HDDs are working and OG 360s aren't?

[quote name='4eric16']can you post me the exact steps you took to get the discount without gettin the game? i tried it with fallout new vegas and playstation eye and it didn't work and fallout and dualshock 3 and it didn't work either.. thanks guys![/QUOTE]

1. Put any pre-order game in cart
2. Put the in-stock accessory you want in the cart
3. Put "ACC40" in the code box (no quotes)
4. Put "SAVER" in the code box (no quotes)
5. Check out, making sure that the shipping cost is 0.00 (free shipping with the SAVER code for orders of $25 or more)
6. Wait until the in-stock accessory ships
7. Cancel the pre-order

Ta-da!

Edit: Patsy mentioned that this may not work cuz the coupon is apparently not supposed to allow you to cancel. YMMV~

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered Halo Reach and a Halo Reach Headset. I was hoping for a Halo Reach controller but they're out of stock.

What are the chances that I can cancel my order without any issues after my headset ships? :whistle2:k

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ordered Halo Reach and a Halo Reach Headset. I was hoping for a Halo Reach controller but they're out of stock.

What are the chances that I can cancel my order without any issues after my headset ships? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I've never had problems cancelling pre-orders after the other order ships whenever they do codes like this. You just go into order history and each order shipment has its own "Cancel this shipment" option.

Just found this under terms and condition of gamestop site :No dealers or resellers, please. This offer is available online only while supplies last. Pre-orders with coupon may not be canceled. Valid only on select titles listed. Valid on in-stock accessories only. Subject to end at anytime. Online only.

[quote name='Pasty']Just found this under terms and condition of gamestop site :No dealers or resellers, please. This offer is available online only while supplies last. Pre-orders with coupon may not be canceled. Valid only on select titles listed. Valid on in-stock accessories only. Subject to end at anytime. Online only.[/QUOTE]

Good catch. My bad.

I canceled my pre-order, so we'll see if the pending accessory goes through. ~_~

tried to go for the logitech ps3 wheel but it didn't take, maybe because it's backordered I dunno

[quote name='Pasty']Just found this under terms and condition of gamestop site :No dealers or resellers, please. This offer is available online only while supplies last. Pre-orders with coupon may not be canceled. Valid only on select titles listed. Valid on in-stock accessories only. Subject to end at anytime. Online only.[/QUOTE]

There's always the option of returning the game at your local GS for a full refund. ;)

will i be charged right away for the accesory and the preorder, or will they charge for the accesory first and then charge the game when it ships?

I only had the headset in my cart whe I checked out and it was discounted 20 bucks
I put the game in put the headset in entered two coupons removed game checked out. Got receipt with discounted headset.

I figured I would do this because i planned on getting cod black ops, but their details don't match what everywhere else is saying. Their details only show the 4 extra co-op maps for the the prestige edition version (with rc car). I was going to order the hardened edition just because of the 4 maps. But it looks like they're wrong on details, but now they have me second guessing it. Oh well.

[quote name='smokey6']I figured I would do this because i planned on getting cod black ops, but their details don't match what everywhere else is saying. Their details only show the 4 extra co-op maps for the the prestige edition version (with rc car). I was going to order the hardened edition just because of the 4 maps. But it looks like they're wrong on details, but now they have me second guessing it. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

The Hardened edition does have the extra maps. The Prestige is just Hardened + RC.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The Hardened edition does have the extra maps. The Prestige is just Hardened + RC.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.
That's what I thought, I don't normally order any special edition, this is the first one that made sense to me, because I enjoy co-op playing.
Now I may just order MOH for this deal, I enjoyed the beta and read about the changes they have made, and it comes out earlier anyway.

hmmm, not a very big list of titles. oh well. good deal for others though.

what a shame that the first thing CAGs try to do is exploit the deal. :nottalking:

This could make for a good price on a tournament edition fightstick!

130.00 Minus 40% = 78.00 Fightstick.

This would make for the cheapest deal on a TE i've seen yet.

Great deal on Tritton AXPRO's as well $180 - $72 = $108. If I didn't already have them, I'd be all over this.
Aint gonna find it much cheaper than that for these NEW.

thought of a good combo
preorder 59.99 game

add tritton axpro (if you were in the market for these anyways) $180

$240 total - $72 = $168 save $12 off tritton ax pro and get a preorder out of it.

was about to post this same thing. beat me to it

[quote name='Ronzilla']Great deal on Tritton AXPRO's as well $180 - $72 = $108. If I didn't already have them, I'd be all over this.
Aint gonna find it much cheaper than that for these NEW.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darkpice']the tron controller or the fable controller hmmmmm........[/QUOTE]

Tron = Wired and 3rd Party (looks pretty badass though)
Fable = Wireless and 1st Party + Code for Exclusive in game weapon tattoo for Fable III

Hope that helps.

looking at the Universal headsets, whats the main differences between the 2 (AXPRO and AX720)? any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone looked at their order history? Gamestop has a tendency of trying to "balance out" the discount by applying a percentage of it to everything in the order. If that's the case, say I pre-ordered World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and ordered a Wiimote. Instead of giving me $16 off the Wiimote, it would give me $8 off the Wiimote and $8 off World of Warcraft.

I'm not saying that's the case- I'm just saying that's a possibility. Can anyone shed some light on this possibility?

Here's what mine says:

XBOX 360 HALO: REACH WIRELESS - Xbox 360
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$29.99
clear.gif
Pending

HALO REACH - Xbox 360
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$59.99
clear.gif
Pre-order Ships 9/14/2010

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's what mine says:

XBOX 360 HALO: REACH WIRELESS - Xbox 360
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$29.99
clear.gif
Pending

HALO REACH - Xbox 360
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$59.99
clear.gif
Pre-order Ships 9/14/2010[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's good to know. I may have to consider some accessories with this. Thanks. :)

Oh my bad...I wasn't aware it doesn't work on pre-ordered accessories. Sorry to get your hopes up. I saw someone asking about the Tron and Fable III controllers, I thought it worked on them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh my bad...I wasn't aware it doesn't work on pre-ordered accessories. Sorry to get your hopes up. I saw someone asking about the Tron and Fable III controllers, I thought it worked on them.[/QUOTE]

It's all good. I might consider e-mailing Customer Service, since the coupon doesn't say it doesn't work on pre-orders. ;)

good accessory ideas guys! if i wasn't broke right now I'd order it with fallout but i don't wanna buy right now if I can't cancel the preorder.. lol I wanted a Logitech G27 too! Imagine that with 40% off!

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Has anyone looked at their order history? Gamestop has a tendency of trying to "balance out" the discount by applying a percentage of it to everything in the order. If that's the case, say I pre-ordered World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and ordered a Wiimote. Instead of giving me $16 off the Wiimote, it would give me $8 off the Wiimote and $8 off World of Warcraft.

I'm not saying that's the case- I'm just saying that's a possibility. Can anyone shed some light on this possibility?[/QUOTE]

I doubt that works. My online order page normally shows the discount on the eligible item. But when my item(s) ships the packing slip will spread the discount onto each item in the order.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I'm not seeing the, remove the game from the cart, thing work. I think they likely fixed it.[/QUOTE]

yeah worked perfect last night

bread's done
Back