40% Off at VideoGameInstructionBooklets.com

WhiteRob

Banned
Just got this in an e-mail:

"Our biggest sale ever is going on now! We're kicking off summer by discounting every item in our store! That's right, every single item is 40% off! This is an Email exclusive offer. If you have friends who need replacement video game instruction booklets, boxes and/or cases, forward this Email to them so that they can take advantage of the savings as well. During checkout, enter the promotion code "JUNE40" and the savings will be reflected in your shopping cart (discount is not applicable on any shipping and/or tax charges). We don't know when we will be able to offer a discount like this again, so act fast.

This offer expires June 14th, 2010."

Great deal if you're looking to complete some of your used games.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Nothing for Beyond Good and Evil for Gamecube :( Considering the closest Gamestop's around me NEVER have this game in stock, I'm never going to complete it....[/QUOTE]

They had those up until a few months ago. By the time I was ready to order they were sold out.

Otherwise, I have always had really great dealings with them. Its a nice way to fill the holes in your collection when Gamestop is the cheapest option for games like Cubivore. All their manuals, inserts, and cases are original--they are not reprints, xeroxes, etc.

I wish these guys sold the double dvd cases. I would be all over that.
"Auto F5 reload window" options Default timeout* Timeout for this page* Add random value to timeout between 0 and* Show and hide menu Ignore everything after these symbols in URL(separate with spaces) Include the separators in the URL saved Hide menu when clicking outside the menu Prolong timeout on mouseclicks or keyboard input Reload all pages with default timeout, which has no timeout set
*Format examples: hh:mm:ss, h:m:ss, m:sss, s etc. like 1:20:30 oder 500 oder 3:100

Well, I just spent $35 completing my collection from Gamestop online orders. The only thing I'm missing is my Beyond Good and Evil Gamecube case, booklet, and artwork, and my Mega Man X Collection booklet. Thank you OP, and thanks donssword for the heads up. I'll keep my eye open and hope for a restock soon.

Never had a major problem with them.

Sometimes they ship in heavy envelopes instead of cardboard, but I never had anything too mangled from them, and I am pretty picky. If you are really needing something to be as mint as possible, just drop the couple of extra dollars on the whole case, insert, and manual--that's the best way to cover yourself.

fuck. Didn't realize my shipping changed to Priority when I added something, and didn't change back to First Class when I removed it. I was wondering why it was going to be nearly $8 to mail a manual and insert. Time to shoot off an e-mail.

[quote name='callmewoof']Question to anyone who's used this site before (my apologies if already answered): when ordering 'Display Boxes' (original display box), does that mean I get a physical case + the artwork? The game I want has a listing for artwork and one for display box, so if I get the display box it's a case AND artwork insert, right?

Also, there were a couple posts on the 2nd page where people were saying that the artworks are probably fake print-outs? Can anyone confirm these are originals?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you get both the case and artwork when ordering display boxes. :D

As for fake artwork, I dont know. Mine looks pretty good. lol

Edit: Just compared my 2 shadow hearts 3 artwork (one from the replacement site and an authentic one), the replacement one FEELS stiffer and the authentic one almost like regular paper. And no, I did not get the two confused. :p Just looking at the artwork though, you cant see the different in quality (at least I cant).

If youve got yourself some glossy paper and a good printer, you can print artwork out for yourself and they'll look pretty authentic. http://www.cdcovers.cc/

I dont know about their online store but I bought some case/artwork/manuals from them on ebay and they are priced ok but their shipping cost was outrageous. but being the completeist I am I got them to be done with it.

Once I bought like artwork and 2 manuals and they charged me 4.95 shipping for each one and refused to combine shipping. So was like 15 bucks just to ship me some paper. I dont deal with them anymore after that. Course that was on ebay, maybe their online store is different.

[quote name='phantasyx']I wonder if they make them, someone should check to see if the artwork is legit. It didn't however stop me from buying $40 worth of stuff, it ended up coming to $19 total plus 13.95 shipping.

Not bad[/QUOTE]

I bought a case artwork insert for MGS: Digital Graphic Novel for the PSP a year or two ago from them. I can tell you, for sure, that it was made and was not authentic. Granted, it was printed on a high quality printer with glossy paper, but I actually had an authentic artwork insert already--it just had a huge tear in it.

I could tell because the paper material between the two was different (theirs thin and glossy, the original one thicker and less glossy), and on the side that faces inward on the one I bought from this site, it was just plain white; however, the authentic one has art on both sides of the insert.

So maybe some of their stuff is legit, but I know that with my experience, they made it themselves. It was, though, of decent quality. I just prefer to avoid inauthentic stuff that is advertised as authentic.

[quote name='Maromi']I bought a case artwork insert for MGS: Digital Graphic Novel for the PSP a year or two ago from them. I can tell you, for sure, that it was made and was not authentic. Granted, it was printed on a high quality printer with glossy paper, but I actually had an authentic artwork insert already--it just had a huge tear in it.

I could tell because the paper material between the two was different (theirs thin and glossy, the original one thicker and less glossy), and on the side that faces inward on the one I bought from this site, it was just plain white; however, the authentic one has art on both sides of the insert.

So maybe some of their stuff is legit, but I know that with my experience, they made it themselves. It was, though, of decent quality. I just prefer to avoid inauthentic stuff that is advertised as authentic.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. It's stuff like that that always gives away the reprints. Especially when it's "hidden" art.

[quote name='Maromi']I bought a case artwork insert for MGS: Digital Graphic Novel for the PSP a year or two ago from them. I can tell you, for sure, that it was made and was not authentic. Granted, it was printed on a high quality printer with glossy paper, but I actually had an authentic artwork insert already--it just had a huge tear in it.

So maybe some of their stuff is legit, but I know that with my experience, they made it themselves. It was, though, of decent quality. I just prefer to avoid inauthentic stuff that is advertised as authentic.[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention this... I had ordered a beyond good & evil insert from them a while back and it looks legit as far as I can tell except that it's slightly longer than any of my other gamecube inserts and doesn't fit in other gamecube cases quite right.

[quote name='ryushe']Meh, I'll just walk into Gamestop and take the manuals I need from the used cases :p
[/QUOTE]

Haha. Stealing is so hilarious.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']DAMNIT, Ill never find a booklet for Project Justice Dreamcast. The game is mint only missing the book..:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]
Rofl :applause:

Sweet now I can get the instruction booklet for MGS Twin Snakes, bought it from Gamestop a few years back for $15 and never got the booklet.

I highly doubt these are fakes. I can't tell. Compared ones that i bought with other gamecube covers and can't make out any differences in quality.

If they were fakes, and they were manufacturing their own, I don't see why they wouldn't have listed every single game out there. Also it's absurd to think they would copy/print all the manuals perfectly. They only have a few of each in stock.

Awesome, thanks. Picked up a case and manual for Motor Storm Pacific Rift. Paid so little for the game (disk only) on ebay, that the case and manual almost costs just as much as I paid for the disk. Either way, my total for the complete game comes out to $15 when adding this extra cost, so I can't complain.

[quote name='iRent']I highly doubt these are fakes. I can't tell. Compared ones that i bought with other gamecube covers and can't make out any differences in quality.

If they were fakes, and they were manufacturing their own, I don't see why they wouldn't have listed every single game out there. Also it's absurd to think they would copy/print all the manuals perfectly. They only have a few of each in stock.[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying that in my one experience with them, it was a printed artwork insert; it was not an original one. It's easy to tell with PSP artworks, only because most PSP inserts are double-sided.

[quote name='Maromi']I'm just saying that in my one experience with them, it was a printed artwork insert; it was not an original one. It's easy to tell with PSP artworks, only because most PSP inserts are double-sided.[/QUOTE]

That sucks.

nice site, even though the shipping is pretty much the same cost as the total for the cases/booklets. (anyone know where to find ps1, saturn or dreamcast cases?)

So, I have the option to pick up the manuals instead of shipping. Before I select this option does anyone know where I could find the pick up locations?

A bit pricey once you add shipping. Shipping for me was something like $13 for four Wii cases and four Xbox 360 cases. Made the price per case be $3.10 shipped. I'll probably just go to Blockbuster and ask if they have any extra cases they are willing to give me. I got one from them last time I was there. I might use this site for instruction booklets in the future, though.

lol at you people thinking these are remakes. I'd like to know how they do holographic covers and newspaper style instruction booklets (ala Electroplankton). Everything I've ever ordered from them has been 100% authentic.

Maybe some of you are having bad luck with fairly rare titles but this site has always provided me with quality products.

I wish they had Wave Race: Blue Storm and Guitar Hero: Van Halen. But w/e. They still have Universal Studios and Madden 08.

[quote name='ryushe']Meh, I'll just walk into Gamestop and take the manuals I need from the used cases :p[/QUOTE]
You may want to look into the contents of the cash register while you're there, too. :roll:

http://www.videogameinstructionbooklets.com/servlet/StoreFront[/url]

Yeah, I was confused by this and it was mentioned earlier in this thread.
Yesterday I placed and order through the vendio site because it had more items that I needed. There was no coupon code box, but I mentioned the JUNE40 code in a follow up e-mail.

They e-mailed me back today:
You are ordering from the wrong website for the spencial. YOu need to use :
[email protected]
The order has not been paid for so we have not received the order in our ordering system.
Your order has been canceled.
Thank you,
BRE Software

So I guess the spencial is on their email address...8;)E

So, today I reordered what was available through the other site at 40% off, then went back to the vendio site for the remaining stuff. (I'm not sure they even have the items on the vendio site anymore but I took a shot because it's stuff that's been on my mind for a while and I wanted to get it over with.)

I received my shipping notice for the non-vendio stuff already this evening, so we'll see what happens to the rest...

Thanks for the heads up, I'm anal about having the proper case and artwork for my games and have been putting off an order from that site because they were a bit pricey. It was still $28 with shipping for 7 cover arts, 3 art/case combos, and a couple of Xbox replacement cases. But at least now those games with an improper case, crappy HWV fake cover, or cover with the stupid impossible to remove HWV barcode sticker on the spines won't sit on the shelf silently mocking me.

[quote name='hellboypi']Yeah, I was confused by this and it was mentioned earlier in this thread.
Yesterday I placed and order through the vendio site because it had more items that I needed. There was no coupon code box, but I mentioned the JUNE40 code in a follow up e-mail.

[email protected]
The order has not been paid for so we have not received the order in our ordering system.
Thank you,
BRE Software

So, today I reordered what was available through the other site at 40% off, then went back to the vendio site for the remaining stuff. (I'm not sure they even have the items on the vendio site anymore but I took a shot because it's stuff that's been on my mind for a while and I wanted to get it over with.)

I received my shipping notice for the non-vendio stuff already this evening, so we'll see what happens to the rest...[/QUOTE]

Oh many thanks for the heads up! I missed your post earlier in the thread, my mistake. I ordered a

bunch of stuff from the vendio site last week. I got a confirmation e-mail and it should arrive on

Thursday this week. I will let you know how it turns out when it arrives. When I order more stuff I will

use the new website to be safe and use the 40% off code.

This might be the most brillant or dumbest thought on all of cag but what if I just called or emailed the publisher for replacement Case art/ Manuals. If anyone would have extras it would be them and they'd probably do it for just shipping.

Someone should try it.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']lol at you people thinking these are remakes. I'd like to know how they do holographic covers and newspaper style instruction booklets (ala Electroplankton). Everything I've ever ordered from them has been 100% authentic.

Maybe some of you are having bad luck with fairly rare titles but this site has always provided me with quality products.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying they are or are not fakes but you understand that some of their covers could be reprints without all of them being reprints right? It's not an either/or situation.

so lol at yourself.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Shipping is horrible. Guess I'll just order those DS cases directly from nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Usually if I am trying to score a bunch of cases I'll buy a 10 pack from Nintendo because their price plus shipping is far cheaper.

yeah theyre legit. iVe placed several orders before For monopoly Boggle yahtzee battleship artwork for the DS. it was 100% authentic. However i do remember The shipping Seemed really SLoooooow though, like longer than a week. weird considering It was just a small cardboard envelope

http://www.videogameinstructionbooklets.com/servlet/StoreFront[/URL]

[quote name='hellboypi']Yeah, I was confused by this and it was mentioned earlier in this thread.

[email protected]
Thank you,
BRE Software

I received my shipping notice for the non-vendio stuff already this evening, so we'll see what happens to the rest...[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem... I told them they should take down the other website as to not confuse people. All they told me was "You have to order from the other site to use the coupon."

You'll also note the prices are different between the two websites, sometimes considerably different.

[quote name='kodave']You'll also note the prices are different between the two websites, sometimes considerably different.[/QUOTE]

Stock also seems to be different between the sites. I had the wrong link bookmarked, and my search for Pokemon HeartGold returned no results. However, the link in the OP has the insert, manual, and box.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']lol at you people thinking these are remakes. I'd like to know how they do holographic covers and newspaper style instruction booklets (ala Electroplankton). Everything I've ever ordered from them has been 100% authentic.

Maybe some of you are having bad luck with fairly rare titles but this site has always provided me with quality products.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, it could depend on the game you're ordering. My MGS: DGN was definitely a printed copy. I mean, it didn't even have spine bendings.

I was looking at this site last week but thought the total price with the ridiculous shipping was too much. When I saw the coupon come up though, I figured I won't find a Pikmin 2 Instruction manual and Grandia III Case/Manual any cheaper than $7.50.

Looks like a good way to get the booklet for my copy of ICO. Ended up being $5.77 after shipping.

when I get my order I'm going to send them a email saying that all the stuff was either fake or reprinted and see what happens, I'll post the details.

I'm not happy at all.

I ordered 3 cases with manuals and inserts and 2 cases came cracked. The manual and inserts were perfectly fine and I'm just glad I had some back up cases. But still, it's the thought that counts.

[quote name='Envel']I'm not happy at all.

I ordered 3 cases with manuals and inserts and 2 cases came cracked. The manual and inserts were perfectly fine and I'm just glad I had some back up cases. But still, it's the thought that counts.[/QUOTE]

You should notify them of this. At the very least they should send you 2 empty cases.

I just recieved my replacement case insert for Dark Aliance 2. It was in perfect condition and repalced my old one that was messed up. I am very happy!!!

bread's done
Back