40% off Coupon at FYE/Wherehouse good on used Games, DVDs and CDs. YMMV B&M

PocariSweat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I received in the mail today an ad for FYE/Wherehouse with a coupon for for 40% of ANY USED item including games, DVDs and CDs. I don't know if this is for Wherehouse stores that recently changed to FYE stores or if it is chain wide. I have never seen a FYE in northern California before. Expires 5/12/07. I searched and hopefully this is not a repost.

couponcat.jpg

I scored a pristine condition Guitar Hero 2 for PS2 for ~$22.

I saw:

Red Steel $40 with coupon ~$24

Lost Planet $50 with coupon ~$30

Dead Rising $40 with coupon ~$24

And a bunch of other crappy games.

Coupon scan here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1GTKCW0H

and here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m8qpau

This might be pointless. It explicitly says no reproductions.

There were a stack of the AD/coupon at the entrance of the store.

*MODS maybe move this to regional*

Good luck with this deal!

[quote name='mikej012']Do the coupons in store look exactly like the pictured one, or are they without the addresses to the local FYEs?[/QUOTE]

yup as pictured. But if you clip it there is no reference to location.

Your scan suggests regionally, which what the first coupon was most likely. The OP of the first thread provided me a scan which I uploaded for him. Not a whole lot of people cared/noticed the coupon but personally for myself I was 4 for 4. Picked up a few interesting items with it, but nothing groundbreaking or shocking.
Those worried about it saying no reproductions should try anyway. Four stores didn't care for me.

I should check out my local FYE today for this, as with the 40% off any used game, that would make Scarface finally hit near greatest hits price, which it's taking FOREVER to hit finally.

Man, this deal is so regional it's sad. Check this out. All my FYE had was a "deal" of when you buy 4 used games, dvds, or cds, you get 20% off. Gee golly! What a crap promotion that is. Suffice to say, I walked out empty handed.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Man, this deal is so regional it's sad. Check this out. All my FYE had was a "deal" of when you buy 4 used games, dvds, or cds, you get 20% off. Gee golly! What a crap promotion that is. Suffice to say, I walked out empty handed.[/QUOTE]
My FYE did that sale like two months ago. No game sale at mine right now. So YMMV.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I should check out my local FYE today for this, as with the 40% off any used game, that would make Scarface finally hit near greatest hits price, which it's taking FOREVER to hit finally.[/quote]

Let us know how it goes.

there is a FYE a few minutes away from me in Newark. I should go check it out. I don't go there often though so I don't know what used items they have...

Hopefully this will work where I am, the Wherehouse stores in Socal are also becoming FYE's, and the recently closed Tower Records in Torrance is also becoming an FYE.

I wonder if the ones in the flyer in the OP are expired already like the one in the other thread(they say they expired 4/27/07).

I wish to hell SOMEONE would've made a nice up close scan of these, if they are newer ones that hadn't expired yet, since I doubt Scarface is EVER gonna drop to $19.99 and this would be my best bet(till the GS sale coming up) to actually grab a copy cheaper than full retail.

Was just there yesterday...and I didn't see anything. I hate making a return trip to the mall. But I guess that I gotta go now. 40% is huge even at Fye prices.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wonder if the ones in the flyer in the OP are expired already like the one in the other thread(they say they expired 4/27/07).

I wish to hell SOMEONE would've made a nice up close scan of these, if they are newer ones that hadn't expired yet, since I doubt Scarface is EVER gonna drop to $19.99 and this would be my best bet(till the GS sale coming up) to actually grab a copy cheaper than full retail.[/QUOTE]
They're expired. At least, according to the coupon. I hadn't tried past the 27th.

[quote name='Ranger Rick']No, the coupon expires today (The 12th)[/QUOTE]
He was talking about the version of the coupon in the other thread which expired on the 27th.

[quote name='vietfan']but they not accept Photo...so how do we use ![/QUOTE]
My stores accepted the photocopies fine. I'm sure it varies from store to store, but I can at least provide you precedent for success with it.

Just a follow up- I used 3 of these 40% off coupons at my local FYE in Connecticut last week and they worked like a charm! :applause:

So it looks like the code on the coupon works nationwide and is NOT YMMV (the actual printed coupon seems to be YMMV, though). I printed them on a color printer, so they looked legit.

It seems like they are running this deal at various times nationwide. Does anybody else have a scan of a new unexpired 40% off coupon? If so PLEASE POST! :)

Yeah, I used this at the local store in Johnstown, PA, and they took it with no problem. If anyone else has scans of unexpired coupons, please do post.

I was at my local FYE in WV and they were running some sort of buy 3 used 9.99 to 14.99 games/music/movies and get them all for 30 dollars total. Also i think I saw something else similar with a buy 3 at 7.99 to 9.99 and get them for 20 dollars. They had advertisements all over the store but not sure if its national or YMMV. Sorry if this has been posted before.

I used mine during the time when they were still vaid, but I was considering trying to use one that was expired to see if the code still works.

Has anybody used this coupon past the 5/12 expire date with success? If so, PLEASE let us know.

>>Or please post unexpired ones if anyone around the country has one...

Yeah, there's some nice possibilities with the coupons. I got Mario Party 5 for 18.00, Digital Devil Saga for 12.00, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis for Gamecube 12.00.
I'm hoping they're going region by region making individual coupons-- which would be awesome.

[quote name='xx2541']Just a follow up- I used 3 of these 40% off coupons at my local FYE in Connecticut last week and they worked like a charm! :applause:

So it looks like the code on the coupon works nationwide and is NOT YMMV (the actual printed coupon seems to be YMMV, though). I printed them on a color printer, so they looked legit.

It seems like they are running this deal at various times nationwide. Does anybody else have a scan of a new unexpired 40% off coupon? If so PLEASE POST! :)[/quote]

Shit really? Which store in CT?

[quote name='xx2541']Hey Friend of Sonic,

Did you use it after the expire date of 5/12?

Just curious if it still works...[/QUOTE]
Nope. I wish we had another coupon. They always check the expiration date too. Make some comment about it when they see the date.

[quote name='xx2541']Ranger Rick-

Trumbull CT store. Any FYE in CT would take it though. Too bad it expired 5/12.[/quote]

Really? My FYE is usally pretty strict. Was this deal in our region? I'm kickin myself for not goin down and checkin it out.

bread's done
Back