40 percent off. Bb

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin37

CAGiversary!
idk if it's a regional thing but the bestbuy in Athens ga is selling bad company gold edition and rainbow 6 vegas 2 collectors edition for 40 percent off along wit some pc games

[quote name='uglyteradon']That's a really good deal... I'll probably go check it out but end up disappointed because my BB isn't cool.[/quote]

Same for me sadly. :cry:

Almost all of these "deals" are YMMV. Basically store manager deals is what they call them because each store's managers decide what to have on sale and when.

Battlefield: BC would be great. The VT store finally had a "Hot Dot" clearance but it consists of Denied Ops for the PS3 at only 40% off $59.99 and Spectrobes for the DS at 40% off $29.99.

I brought a copy of the game up to an employee and they laughed when I asked, then looked for the price on the website. I really dislike the BB near my house...

[quote name='uglyteradon']I brought a copy of the game up to an employee and they laughed when I asked, then looked for the price on the website. I really dislike the BB near my house...[/quote]
thats sad

lol if these managers can make random sales like this, I would make a manager's special sale on games that I want and a few junk titles, then turn around and buy the ones I wanted.

I'd like to propose a new acronym which is SSO. That stands for single store only. This posting really needs to stop about Best Buy deals in anywhere but the regional section. It varies by every single store and is 100% up to the discretion of the store manager. I have been in stores that offer no manager's specials, stores that offer 25% off, 30% off, 40% off, 50% off and 70% off of various games. Some stores require a hardware purchase to get a discount. Some don't. In any event, posts like this are worthless anywhere but the regional board or possibly in the trade section.

bojay1997, I nominate you for "D.A.G." (Disgruntled Ass Gamer). Seriously, whack tone. I agree that Best Buy deals suck. The managers are horrible. Yet, my point is, I enjoy reading about other people's deals. I'm not going regionally, I like to quickly see the latest posts in "Video Game Deals". I'm getting tired of reading about deals and coming to someone's post that only tries to lecture people about what postings go where. Chill out, and start a class in the "trade section".

[quote name='Mizzike']bojay1997, I nominate you for "D.A.G." (Disgruntled Ass Gamer). Seriously, whack tone. I agree that Best Buy deals suck. The managers are horrible. Yet, my point is, I enjoy reading about other people's deals. I'm not going regionally, I like to quickly see the latest posts in "Video Game Deals". I'm getting tired of reading about deals and coming to someone's post that only tries to lecture people about what postings go where. Chill out, and start a class in the "trade section".[/QUOTE]

The board has rules for a reason. I appreciate that you may enjoy reading about deals a single person gets, but there is a section of the board for that as well. Posts like this clutter up the main board, cause legit deal posts to fall to the second and third page where they could be missed and cause people to waste time and gas running to their local Best Buy only to be disappointed. I don't agree that Best Buy deals suck, in fact I have purchased a ton of games recently at huge discounts. Having said that, I always post what I find in the regional section that is appropriate. Not on the main board. I'm sorry that you can't be bothered to visit the other sections, but as someone who does, I don't want to be bothered by posts in the main deals section that I have no hope of ever taking advantage of. Since the rules of the board back me up, I'm not the one who should be getting attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back