$400 360 Elite Bundle coming w/Halo 3 + Fable 2 - ETA 05/01/09

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
[04/20/09]:
Rumor no more:
[quote name='Doomtime']http://kotaku.com/5219544/halo-3-and-fable-ii-bundled-together

The rumors are true. According to kotaku, you get Halo 3, Fable 2, and a wireless headset. Great Value for an Xbox 360 bundle especially if you have waited this long.

It's supposed to be launched next month but there's no official street date that I've seen as of yet.[/quote]

Amazon link for the bundle (showing a wired headset, not wireless):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0026GQ8WA/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

[04/10/09]:
This would be an interesting bit of news if it pans out:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...-360-elite-bundle-with-halo-3-and-fable-2.ars

Also picked up by Joystiq, which goes back to the Ars article above:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/10/rumor-400-xbox-360-elite-bundle-features-halo-3-and-fable-2/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Penguin1084']100000000000% TRUTH!

This is such a great bundle. Whoever does not have a 360, get on this bundle asap.[/quote]

I don't have a 360 and I wanted to get in on this bundle but I won't because people are saying they are older xbox with no jasper.

[quote name='Penguin1084']could you take some pics of how the fable 2 and Halo 3 are packaged please?[/QUOTE]

yeah im also curious are they packaged together like marvel/forza? if so i hope i can pick one up cheap at gamestop.

Would it be better to get (all Amazon prices)

an arcade 360 ($200)
Live Starter pack w/60 GB HD ($80)
Halo 3 ($37)
Fable 2 ($30)

Total is only $347. You get half the HD space and no HDMI cable but save $53, which you could buy Gears 2 or Street Fighter 4 with. With the arcade/starter pack option, you also would get Sega Superstars Tennis and 5 free arcade games and 3 months of Live. If you already have an HDMI cable and aren't going to download lots of movies and shows from Live, that would be better.

It's still pretty sweet to jump on this bundle, and even better once businesses want to get rid of the stock and it's on sale. The good thing is that it's playable out of the box and it's most likely a Jasper (no RROD) model.

[quote name='n2Deepeth']it's most likely a Jasper (no RROD) model.[/quote]
Unless its still old stock jus bundled with GOTY games. To make sure its a Jasper check the following:

1. Check the Lot #: Lot No. is 0844 or above
  2. Check Build Date: Nov 2008 or later
  3. Check Power Brick: 150W
  4. Guaranteed Way: 12.1A is above "Made In China"

[quote name='Tate Donovan']Would it be better to get (all Amazon prices)

an arcade 360 ($200)
Live Starter pack w/60 GB HD ($80)
Halo 3 ($37)
Fable 2 ($30)

Total is only $347. You get half the HD space and no HDMI cable but save $53, which you could buy Gears 2 or Street Fighter 4 with. With the arcade/starter pack option, you also would get Sega Superstars Tennis and 5 free arcade games and 3 months of Live. If you already have an HDMI cable and aren't going to download lots of movies and shows from Live, that would be better.[/quote]

Now that Dell has the 15% off coupon going, no.

1) Even if these are Jasper units (as another poster said, they could be old stock), you can still get the RRoD. Hardware failure happens, no matter how well constructed something is. And even with the improved chipsets, the 360 is still just poorly design, so you're still going to probably see rather high failure rates. They simply won't be insanely high, anymore.

2) For those thinking about getting smaller drives, don't. Unless you only play games casually, you want the 120GB drive. I bought a Pro when it was 20GB and regretted it almost immediately. 60GB is obviously significantly more, but I've filled up about 50GB on my 120GB drive, and that's with only installing a few games at a time to the drive.

[quote name='theking20']I just bought an elite in January. :(
I wish I could have got halo 3/Fable 2 instead of kung-fu panda/ Lego Indiana Jones lol[/quote]

Me too but Lego Indiana Jones is not a bad game.

I checked all 6 of the elite consoles that a local bestbuy had on the shelves over the weekend. Not a one of them were made in 09, in fact all of them were june of 08.

[quote name='lobo louie']I checked all 6 of the elite consoles that a local bestbuy had on the shelves over the weekend. Not a one of them were made in 09, in fact all of them were june of 08.[/quote]

My Arcade was manufactured in Dec. of 2008 and it was a Jasper.

At this point, might as well wait for E3 before buying ANY console. I picked up a PS3 in the last month (Dell deal) but who knows, some huge ass MS announcements at E3 could make me wish I went with a 360.

bread's done
Back