400 Free Xbox Live Points When You Buy 1000 Or More!

mrmagoo1974

CAGiversary!
Feedback
195 (100%)
Just a heads up, I just received an e mail from xbox live saying that if i buy 1000 or more points online or redeem a card for 1000 points or more from JAN 29 - FEB 12 I will get 400 points free. The weird thing is the entire email had a fallout 3 theme to it and was making it sound like i had to use the points to buy fallout 3 expansions, or themes, ect ect. I am pretty sure however that i can use the points for whatever i want. The copyed the fine print from the email below:

* Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per account. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase the 1000 points (or more) from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or redeem a retail Pre-paid card of 1600 Microsoft points (or more) in a single transaction during the promotion period (January 29, 2010-February 12, 2010). Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (includes Washington, D.C.). This offer is nontransferable. This offer expires on February 12, 2010, while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the promotion period ends for direct deposit of your gift to your account and we'll send you an In-Dash message to let you know your points have been applied to your account. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates.

Fair warning, got friends who received the same email, with the Fallout 3 ad, and they got no mention of the free 400 points when you buy 1000 or redeem a 1600 point card. Seems to be linked to certain gamertags.

I got a Fallout 3-themed email from Xbox Live, but there is nothing there about getting points back. Too bad...I really wanted to get some more points.

I got this email about a week ago from Microsoft but it was Madden 10 themed. You had to buy or redeem at least 1000 to get 400 "free" points added weeks later. I bought the 1000 limit via LIVES add points to account online.

^^^what flameo said

fine print:
Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per account. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase the 1000 points (or more) from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or redeem a retail Pre-paid card of 1600 Microsoft points (or more) in a single transaction during the promotion period (January 22, 2010–February 5, 2010). Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (includes Washington, D.C.). This offer is nontransferable. This offer expires on February 5, 2010, while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the promotion period ends for direct deposit of your gift to your account and we'll send you an In-Dash message to let you know your points have been applied to your account. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates.

I got the Fallout 3 themed E-mail(oddly enough, I was playing it today) but no mention of this. This is ONLY valid if you get the E-mail as the person above said.

edit... I might be able to email this to 5 people following the send to friend links... pm and I'lll try to send to 1st 4 respondents... Maybe they can send to 5, and them to 5, and so on, and so on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to send the offer to a friend as well? Would be great to get 400 extra points...was just about to purchase some stuff tonight, haha.

Wait a few hours...they are mass e-mailing so we are not all getting them at the same time.

I just got mine.

[quote name='Sashka']Wait a few hours...they are mass e-mailing so we are not all getting them at the same time.

I just got mine.[/QUOTE]

Mine came 01/22/10

I used the form in the link posted by funk and it worked for me too, thanks a ton! I just redeemed a card for the EA deal yesterday, and since the promo period is Jan 22 - Feb 5, I should be golden :)

[quote name='funkflexmctough']I got this email about a week ago from Microsoft but it was Madden 10 themed. You had to buy or redeem at least 1000 to get 400 "free" points added weeks later. I bought the 1000 limit via LIVES add points to account online.

^^^what flameo said[/QUOTE]

I had the madden one to week or so ago. I checked my email today and wham the fallout 3 one is in my mailbox. I got 2 tags and only 1 got it. The email says you have to buy 1000 or more points and buy fallout 3 stuff to get the 400 points. I got the GOTY edition coming so i am now out of luck. I do not want the dumb avatar stuff and i got the theme long ago.

Yeah I tried referring myself from the link as well, when nothing came after an hour, I figured it'd been used too many times and asked for the referral, that was another hour ago, and still nothing.

Bummer that it appears to not be working, if anyone has a referral I would love it considering I already have a 1600 point card from christmas that I haven't redeemed.

If anyone has a referral, I would surely appreciate it too, thanks!

I assume you don't have to buy certain Add-ons, correct? This would be perfect for picking up 'Splosion Man next week.

Just used the link, thanks. I was going to get 1000 points this week because of Splosion man and this will help with other dlc I've been wanting.

Well, since i am the OP it wouldnt be right if I just sat idoly by and let my fellow cags go without bonus points. Feel free to send me a pm with your email addy and i will be more than happy to try to link it up with this deal. :)

[quote name='nightowl2006']Anyone else have a friends referral page, please pm me...thank you very much![/QUOTE]

Same for me, thank you very very much! That extra very goes a long way.

I got the email on 1/22/10 with the Madden theme, purchased the 1000 pts and never got the 400 bonus pts. Anybody else have this happen? I was hoping they would show up eventually, because I really don't want to have to call Microsoft's horrible customer service.

bread's done
Back