4000 XBox Live Points + Saints Row 2 + Halo Wars DLC- $59.95 *GameDealDaily.com 7/11*

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

Nearly a year ago we started Gamedealdaily.com, a website dedicated with providing CAGs and gamers worldwide some great deals on video games. Our calling card is our Deal of the Day. A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET. Last fall we also added our Weekly Giveaways, in which we give away 4 free items from our inventory each week. See the bottom of this post for more information on the current prize and how to enter.

As we enter our second calendar year in operation, we hope to offer even better daily deals and giveaways. Please check out our site and PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Today's Deal: 4000 XBox 360 Live Marketplace Points + Saints Row 2 + Halo Wars Honor Guard Wraith DLC - $59.95 NEW

2cct4jd.jpg

b68rx3.jpg

jg7fkg.jpg

Microsoft Points enhance game play and entertainment on Xbox 360. Redeem them on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for exclusive game content, arcade games, themes, HD movies and TV Shows, and more. Microsoft Points can also be used to purchase music in Zune Marketplace.

Saints Row 2 is brand new and factory sealed! Saints Row 2 takes place a few years after the original. Several new upstart gangs have been able to sweep in and make their mark on Stilwater. At the same time, a multi-national conglomerate known as the Ultor Corporation has become a pivotal player in city politics, pumping millions of dollars into rebuilding the metropolis. As leader of the Saints, you'll have to do whatever it takes to protect the members of your gang from new enemies, including the Ultor Corporation and rival gangs.

The Honor Guard Wraith is a Covenant vehicle and also a special in-game item, included in the recently released Halo Wars Limited Edition. It is a more ornamental version of the standard Wraith, similar to the "Flame Decal Warthog". Only its appearance is different, as it has a paint scheme that appears similar to the Halo 2 Sangheili Honor Guard armor hence the name (Honor Guard Wraith.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOLLOW GAMEDEALDAILY ON TWITTER!

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

We'll use Twitter to keep everyone updated with our daily deals, along with our weekly giveaways, random thoughts, and exclusive un-publicized deals that can be found within our store.

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW - CHECK OUT OUR ARCADE!

We just added an arcade onto the site with some current and classic arcade games. You can play any of the games, save your high scores, and earn trophies by making it to the top of the leaderboard in any one of the games. We will also add voting capabilities so that you can help select the next additions to the arcade!

Click here to check out the arcade:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/arcade.php

SELL US YOUR GAMES!

Gamedealdaily.com will buy back your games! Don't accept Gamestop's ridiculously low trade-in prices! We buy games, accessories, and systems, all the way from NES to PS3. You can check out many of our trade-in prices at:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/wanted.php

If you would like to trade in games that aren't on the list, shoot me a PM or send an email to the site and we will send you a trade quote. Payment for your trades is sent through Paypal (we will pay the Paypal fees) or by money order, so you will be able to spend the money on whatever you like.

Here are the prizes for the period of July 6th - July 20th:

First Prize - Fallout 3 (Playstation 3)

wv8wed.jpg

This Fallout 3 game is brand new and factory sealed!

Vault 101 -- Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

Second Prize - Lost Odyssey (XBox 360)

2yns0td.jpg

The second of two epic RPG projects for Microsoft by Mistwalker, the studio founded by Square-Enix's Hironobu Sakaguchi. You play as Kaim, a man who's been sentenced to live for 1,000 years. The game's storyline takes you through Kaim's life as he lives through multiple generations, becomes a part of many families, falls in and out of love and gets into conflicts. All this is set in a world that is on the verge of a "mystical industrial revolution," where mankind has attained dark powers.

Third Prize - Halo Wars Spirit of Fire Patch + Leader Cards

210kfw5.jpg

Embroidered ship emblem patch. It is actually a rubber emblem of the Spirit of Fire. The 6 Leader cards show information on all six UNSC and Covenant leaders (three leaders for each faction): Captain James Cutter, Sergeant John Forge, Professor Anders, the Prophet of Regret, The Arbiter and the Brute Chieftain.

Fourth Prize - Halo Wars Genesis Graphic Novel

6fupz6.jpg

A graphic novel and prequel to the game, based on the first military campaign against the Covenant.

Last edited by a moderator:
How the fuck is this a "deal"? These were clearanced out all over the place not so long ago, for $14.99, $9.99, or less. What a rip off.

There should be a new topic section for "deals" like this - "Older sealed games for outrageous prices...where most are neither rare nor in demand".

Although I have to give gamedealdaily credit, they did time it perfectly, with the release of SF4 when demand for this would be at its highest. Instead of paying $45 plus I'm guessing tax and shipping for a game that's only a few years old and that was $30 MSRP, how about picking up a used copy at just about any gamestop for $15 (-10% for general used coupon and another -10% for EDGE) for $12 plus tax.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=34401

I figured there might be a little bit of a backlash against selling a last-gen game for $45. If you can find me a better deal on a new copy, in stock, on any other website, I will gladly beat their price. If you don't mind a used copy, there are definitely cheaper options out there.

I've been looking for a copy of this game, but I don't want to be gouged for $45+shipping because of the SFIV hype. This makes me sad. :cry:

Japan Video Games sells the PS2 version of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for 29.99 new if anyone is looking for that one.

[quote name='zewone']I've been looking for a copy of this game, but I don't want to be gouged for $45+shipping because of the SFIV hype. This makes me sad. :cry:[/quote]

Just cop a used one for like $25.

No way this game sells for that much.Ive got it Hollywood Video for 4.00.They also had a new copy for 19.99.Maybe I should go buy it.

Just took a look at some completed eBay auctions. I saw it go for as much as $40 used and $50 new, so this isn't really that nuts. I'm sure these were cleared out somewhere at some point, but you aren't finding them in retail stores, now, so it's a little tough flaming the doc for this. I don't blame CAGs for not wanting to pay this price, but I also don't blame a business man for trying to capitalize on the release of the SFIV, either.

I saw a bunch of copies the PS2 version of this at Toys R Us about a month ago for either $15 or $20, if you're lucky you may still be able to find it. It's a great game for that price, but I had already picked up the XBox version of the game for $15 at Sears 2 years ago.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Just took a look at some completed eBay auctions. I saw it go for as much as $40 used and $50 new, so this isn't really that nuts. I'm sure these were cleared out somewhere at some point, but you aren't finding them in retail stores, now, so it's a little tough flaming the doc for this. I don't blame CAGs for not wanting to pay this price, but I also don't blame a business man for trying to capitalize on the release of the SFIV, either.[/quote]

Damn, I wish my copy on Ebay would go for that much! $45-$50 is on the higher end of things, so I don't know if it's a true deal. However, I foresee the game being harder and harder to find in the coming years. So you may want to lock yourself in now.

This is kinda tempting...but I think I'll be able to get a complete copy for much cheaper when the hype dies down.

also, some info that'll get ignored:
--PS2 version is not in demand at all, as you can buy it at any TRU (and it doesn't have online play and doesn't work in most PS3s)
--Xbox version is in higher demand, especially since it has online play
--This is a great price for a new copy.

One question, perhaps I neglected to read the fine print...

I ordered SOCOM: Confrontation, expecting the game to be new and factory sealed.

The game came opened, with slightly less that pristine surface, also the box is a bit mangled and won't close properly. Was the game new or used?

Wow...and to think I picked up 2 copies of :xbox: SF:A @ Sears last year for $5 each, and gave Capcom would do well to re-publish this title for $20 and push them out to coincide with any DLC for SFIV.

If you spent that much money, why not just buy the new one for a few more dollars? It really makes little sense paying that much for this...

A CAG sold me a mint copy of this game for $18 a couple weeks ago. :D Also, I know it's been mentioned before.. but the reason why this is one of the most in demand OG XBox games is that the online is pretty good even on 360.

Oh wow, I think I know where my new $10 Xbox copy is going very shortly! It will hopefully recoup some costs with the SFIV CE I got from Amazon for $80.

[quote name='japanarchy']Or you could just get it on XBLA.[/quote]

Third Strike isn't on XBLA.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']One question, perhaps I neglected to read the fine print...

I ordered SOCOM: Confrontation, expecting the game to be new and factory sealed.

The game came opened, with slightly less that pristine surface, also the box is a bit mangled and won't close properly. Was the game new or used?[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1131

That is the product page for the SOCOM game. It was sold as used, not new and factory sealed. I wouldn't have shipped out a game with a case that wouldn't shut properly, so I have to imagine it might have been treated rough during transit. If you'd like to return the game you are more than welcome to.

Updated with today's deal for Space Chimps for the XBox 360. Every Space Chimps game is brand new and factory sealed.

Or you could just go to Five Below and get Space Chimps for $5. It's actually not a terrible game, all things considered.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']Or you could just go to Five Below and get Space Chimps for $5. It's actually not a terrible game, all things considered.[/quote]

If you have one near you, which I don't.

Hey Dr., I've been trying to get ahold of you via email and CAG PM the last week or so about a trade-in value. I need to get this thing unloaded soon, so I would appreciate it if you could please reply. Thanks.

[quote name='InFlames215']Hey Dr., I've been trying to get ahold of you via email and CAG PM the last week or so about a trade-in value. I need to get this thing unloaded soon, so I would appreciate it if you could please reply. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I fell behind on the trade-in requests! I just sent your response through PM and I will be all caught up on trade-in requests before the weekend. Thanks for your patience!

Updated with today's deal for Killzone 2 for Playstation 3. This game is brand new and factory sealed. It is the region-free PAL version. Please see the main thread for full details as to how today's deal works.

Seems like a good deal.
Have to make sure you play on an HDTV, otherwise PAL setting won't allow it to be displayed.

[quote name='coleipoo']I'm guessing the PAL version has all the features of the NTSC version?

If so, this is a steal.[/quote]From what Google has shown me, it seems the only potential problem is if you're playing on an SDTV (PAL and other standards still apply, so if your TV isn't PAL compatible there will be flickering, etc.).
This is a fantastic deal... but I'm not a big fan of the PAL box art. Then again, is box art worth $10? :)

EDIT: Hmm, apparently the back of the PAL box only has "720p" under resolutions even though the game is supposed to run natively in 1080i as well. I hope this isn't another deal like Uncharted where the US version supports it and the PAL version doesn't.

Just updated the main post with details for our newest weekly giveaway. This week's grand prize is Halo 3 Collector's Edition for XBox 360.

All I care about is if the PAL version supports 1080p. If it does not, then no deal.

EDIT: nmv, I did some research and found out that the game is 720p anyways. i'm sure I can't tell a difference, but I have a 50 inch sammy plasma, so I don't know. still on the fence about the game.

[quote name='coleipoo']All I care about is if the PAL version supports 1080p. If it does not, then no deal.

EDIT: nmv, I did some research and found out that the game is 720p anyways. i'm sure I can't tell a difference, but I have a 50 inch sammy plasma, so I don't know. still on the fence about the game.[/quote]From what I can tell it runs natively in:
720p
"1080i"-- there's a weird in-between resolution w/ 1080 lines vertically (not 1920x1080 though) for people whose sets don't support 720p

1080p upscaling should be available through your PS3 or TV.

The aiming issues are making me reconsider though I'm not sure when I'll see it this cheap again. Guess I'll have to give the demo another shot.

I understand you can simply create a UK account for DLC but my question is, does the same DLC come out in the UK and USA at the same time or will there be times where one or the other gets the DLC sooner etc...

[quote name='havuk']I understand you can simply create a UK account for DLC but my question is, does the same DLC come out in the UK and USA at the same time or will there be times where one or the other gets the DLC sooner etc...[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen, DLC generally comes out at the same time across regions on PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back