4000 XBox Live Points + Saints Row 2 + Halo Wars DLC- $59.95 *GameDealDaily.com 7/11*

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

Nearly a year ago we started Gamedealdaily.com, a website dedicated with providing CAGs and gamers worldwide some great deals on video games. Our calling card is our Deal of the Day. A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET. Last fall we also added our Weekly Giveaways, in which we give away 4 free items from our inventory each week. See the bottom of this post for more information on the current prize and how to enter.

As we enter our second calendar year in operation, we hope to offer even better daily deals and giveaways. Please check out our site and PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Today's Deal: 4000 XBox 360 Live Marketplace Points + Saints Row 2 + Halo Wars Honor Guard Wraith DLC - $59.95 NEW

2cct4jd.jpg

b68rx3.jpg

jg7fkg.jpg

Microsoft Points enhance game play and entertainment on Xbox 360. Redeem them on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for exclusive game content, arcade games, themes, HD movies and TV Shows, and more. Microsoft Points can also be used to purchase music in Zune Marketplace.

Saints Row 2 is brand new and factory sealed! Saints Row 2 takes place a few years after the original. Several new upstart gangs have been able to sweep in and make their mark on Stilwater. At the same time, a multi-national conglomerate known as the Ultor Corporation has become a pivotal player in city politics, pumping millions of dollars into rebuilding the metropolis. As leader of the Saints, you'll have to do whatever it takes to protect the members of your gang from new enemies, including the Ultor Corporation and rival gangs.

The Honor Guard Wraith is a Covenant vehicle and also a special in-game item, included in the recently released Halo Wars Limited Edition. It is a more ornamental version of the standard Wraith, similar to the "Flame Decal Warthog". Only its appearance is different, as it has a paint scheme that appears similar to the Halo 2 Sangheili Honor Guard armor hence the name (Honor Guard Wraith.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOLLOW GAMEDEALDAILY ON TWITTER!

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

We'll use Twitter to keep everyone updated with our daily deals, along with our weekly giveaways, random thoughts, and exclusive un-publicized deals that can be found within our store.

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW - CHECK OUT OUR ARCADE!

We just added an arcade onto the site with some current and classic arcade games. You can play any of the games, save your high scores, and earn trophies by making it to the top of the leaderboard in any one of the games. We will also add voting capabilities so that you can help select the next additions to the arcade!

Click here to check out the arcade:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/arcade.php

SELL US YOUR GAMES!

Gamedealdaily.com will buy back your games! Don't accept Gamestop's ridiculously low trade-in prices! We buy games, accessories, and systems, all the way from NES to PS3. You can check out many of our trade-in prices at:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/wanted.php

If you would like to trade in games that aren't on the list, shoot me a PM or send an email to the site and we will send you a trade quote. Payment for your trades is sent through Paypal (we will pay the Paypal fees) or by money order, so you will be able to spend the money on whatever you like.

Here are the prizes for the period of July 6th - July 20th:

First Prize - Fallout 3 (Playstation 3)

wv8wed.jpg

This Fallout 3 game is brand new and factory sealed!

Vault 101 -- Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

Second Prize - Lost Odyssey (XBox 360)

2yns0td.jpg

The second of two epic RPG projects for Microsoft by Mistwalker, the studio founded by Square-Enix's Hironobu Sakaguchi. You play as Kaim, a man who's been sentenced to live for 1,000 years. The game's storyline takes you through Kaim's life as he lives through multiple generations, becomes a part of many families, falls in and out of love and gets into conflicts. All this is set in a world that is on the verge of a "mystical industrial revolution," where mankind has attained dark powers.

Third Prize - Halo Wars Spirit of Fire Patch + Leader Cards

210kfw5.jpg

Embroidered ship emblem patch. It is actually a rubber emblem of the Spirit of Fire. The 6 Leader cards show information on all six UNSC and Covenant leaders (three leaders for each faction): Captain James Cutter, Sergeant John Forge, Professor Anders, the Prophet of Regret, The Arbiter and the Brute Chieftain.

Fourth Prize - Halo Wars Genesis Graphic Novel

6fupz6.jpg

A graphic novel and prequel to the game, based on the first military campaign against the Covenant.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nameless600']Serious question, is this game any good?...I loveeee the show, I've been known to get warped into it and watch an entire season in a sitting (when they have marathons). But I just don't see the video game being any good, seems like fun game play with long tedious fishing would be hard to mix?

Anyone have a say?[/QUOTE]

In for one.

I'm in the same boat (pun?) as you. I get sucked into the show any time they've got a season marathon on TV. I've heard that the game isn't actually that bad as long as you know what you're getting into (it's crab fishing... what more could you say?). They even got some training videos from Sig Hansen from the Northwestern in it.

I'm a fan of the show, an achievement whore, and I'm curious about how this game plays. If you're in all three categories, then go for it.

Off-topic, but with the advent of so many cable channels, DVR, On-Demand, etc., how fucking easy has it become to get addicted to shows you probably never would have watched in the past? There is so much stuff out there that I'm like, "Ah, not interested." But one weekend, you're home, it's raining, and that show is on all day. And somehow, before you know it, it's midnight.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Off-topic, but with the advent of so many cable channels, DVR, On-Demand, etc., how fucking easy has it become to get addicted to shows you probably never would have watched in the past? There is so much stuff out there that I'm like, "Ah, not interested." But one weekend, you're home, it's raining, and that show is on all day. And somehow, before you know it, it's midnight.[/QUOTE]

I would agree 100%, I've started watching shows that I never thought I would..

So is it worth it?..its $20 with shipping, in new and original packaging..

Game is fair, but slow. Wish there were some ways to speed this up a little bit. I will probably purchase a copy because I go to Dutch on occassion and have met some of the captains on the show.

Like others, I'm tempted as well. I love watching Deadliest Catch. I've heard the game is so-so. Metacritic gave it a 56. While near a GameStop this afternoon, I was actually thinking of stopping by, to see if they had Deadliest Catch in stock. Even though my game backlog is quite extensive, I might snag this one later tonight...

GREAT video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocyU0BPT2LE

Love the show for the past several seasons. I'm watching season 1 currently on-demand through Netflix. Oh yea and the video above is BOOOOOOOOOOORING. lol crab fishing doesn't sound like a fun game and in case you didn't watch the whole video nothing happens.

EDIT: Saw another video of the Cornelia Marie having an explosion then catching fire and sinking. A news article appears saying a Russian sub shot you down.....WTF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp0cD3gaiiI&feature=related

[quote name='$hady']
Love the show for the past several seasons. I'm watching season 1 currently on-demand through Netflix. Oh yea and the video above is BOOOOOOOOOOORING. lol crab fishing doesn't sound like a fun game and in case you didn't watch the whole video nothing happens.

EDIT: Saw another video of the Cornelia Marie having an explosion then catching fire and sinking. A news article appears saying a Russian sub shot you down.....WTF[/QUOTE]

Yeahhh, that doesn't even look good..thanks for the video..swayed my decision a-lot, the thing with the show is that there is so much editing it looks like its the most exciting things in the world, but they forget to mention the several hours of extra footage of them just waiting around, or going through all of the 80 or so pots.

Thanks again :)

[quote name='$hady']
EDIT: Saw another video of the Cornelia Marie having an explosion then catching fire and sinking. A news article appears saying a Russian sub shot you down.....WTF
[/QUOTE]

They went into russian waters, that's pretty simple to understand. Though in real life I doubt they would shoot a torpedo at a fishing vessel like that, they'd ask it to turn around ASAP. And I doubt a fishing vessel doesn't know where American waters are, they'd have to be blown way off course to go into Japanese or Russian waters.

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying.

Oh yea and the video above is BOOOOOOOOOOORING. lol crab fishing doesn't sound like a fun game and in case you didn't watch the whole video nothing happens.

That's exactly what it's like. I like the show but the game is PAINFULLY slow. It's not horrible, but you'll be spending hours just going through the tutorials and will need an awful lot of patience and real interest just to figure out how everything works. I got rid of it after a couple of weeks.

I don't have Halo Wars yet, but I'm jumping on it.

The card itself is $19.99 MSRP, so I figure why not? Halo Wars is on my "buy at $20 or less" list so eventually I'll need the code for Honor Guard.

[quote name='jaybird']I don't have Halo Wars yet, but I'm jumping on it.

The card itself is $19.99 MSRP, so I figure why not? Halo Wars is on my "buy at $20 or less" list so eventually I'll need the code for Honor Guard.[/QUOTE]

I have seen Halo Wars for $20 so there you go!

[quote name='rdogg1026']I have seen Halo Wars for $20 so there you go![/QUOTE]

I've got my credit card in my hand so give me a link and it's sold!

[quote name='jaybird']I've got my credit card in my hand so give me a link and it's sold![/QUOTE]

BTW, it seems like we play the same exact games for 360..I am going to add you on XBL - Maybe we can play GoW2 or MLB Front Office Manager :booty:

[quote name='rdogg1026']BTW, it seems like we play the same exact games for 360..I am going to add you on XBL - Maybe we can play GoW2 or MLB Front Office Manager :booty:[/QUOTE]

Sounds good - and thanks for the link.

Back on topic - the 1600 points from this deal will come in handy when the Gears DLC hits later this month.

[quote name='rdogg1026']BTW, it seems like we play the same exact games for 360..I am going to add you on XBL - Maybe we can play GoW2 or MLB Front Office Manager :booty:[/QUOTE]

How is MLB Front Office Manager? I heard nothing about that game, just that it was released.

We're over halfway sold out of the codes. At this rate they'll be gone by 4pm ET. If they sell out quickly enough, there's a chance I'll be able to email them out before 6pm ET.

[quote name='drfrielgood']How is MLB Front Office Manager? I heard nothing about that game, just that it was released.[/QUOTE]

I played one full season and got into the next offseason and the owner started cancelling all my offers to resign players and free agents due to financial reasons. So I got mad and quit playing - lol.

Maybe I did a bad job of running the team that first season and it'd be different if I tried again - or chose the Yankees. It's really fun though, but that was a huge stumbling block for me after investing so much time in reconstructing a team only to have the owner block all my moves and cut payroll.

It's a little too realistic. :)

[quote name='drfrielgood']How is MLB Front Office Manager? I heard nothing about that game, just that it was released.[/QUOTE]

Stay away. It's another bad 2K baseball game. I hated it.

This is coming from a big fan of games like this.

2K should be shot for what they have done with that third-party exclusive MLB license. I know people bemoan EA and the NFL license, but at the very least, Madden and NFL Head Coach are playable. The 2K games are awful. The BIGS, the only one I really don't have interest in, seems to to the best series of the bunch, and that ain't saying much.

It's really bad. Same too as say what you will about NFL Head Coach, it's a decent game. Front Office was terrible though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The Halo Wars DLC with this offer is the code that came in the CE, not the game add-on that came out a couple of months ago, correct?[/QUOTE]

That is correct.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']2K should be shot for what they have done with that third-party exclusive MLB license. I know people bemoan EA and the NFL license, but at the very least, Madden and NFL Head Coach are playable. The 2K games are awful. The BIGS, the only one I really don't have interest in, seems to to the best series of the bunch, and that ain't saying much.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I can't say I've ever enjoyed a 2K baseball game, and EA was putting out awesome MVP titles when Take-Two bought the license. All we got from EA after that was a college baseball game that, as should be expected, failed at retail.

[quote name='drfrielgood']I completely agree. I can't say I've ever enjoyed a 2K baseball game, and EA was putting out awesome MVP titles when Take-Two bought the license. All we got from EA after that was a college baseball game that, as should be expected, failed at retail.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a shame that MVP NCAA Baseball failed because it was a very good game. I also loved Arena Football (Also made by EA) but College Baseball and Arena Football don't have a big enough fan base to warrant a yearly release.

Same thing also goes with Nascar now. EA has stopped making yearly versions of it because there is not enough interest to make another one and I can't think of any new features they could add that would get me to buy Nascar 2011.

I also asked this before but I never got a response - Are you selling the 1600 points seperately?

Wow, that's the first I've heard of EA not making a NASCAR 2010. I'm not a fan myself, but given the widespread appeal of the sport I cannot believe that EA can't sell enough copies to make a new release worthwhile.

There are no immediate plans to sell the points cards seperately, but I'll definitely think about it. I'd like to run this deal again in the near future. I've got a bunch of the Halo codes to sell, though, which is why I package the two together.

I grabbed this from Sporting News:

"NASCAR Kart Racing on the Wii is the only NASCAR-licensed videogame that will ship this year from EA SPORTS. Due to the family-friendly atmosphere of NASCAR, we felt that a title developed exclusively for the Wii platform (NASCAR Kart Racing), was the best scenario for the NASCAR racing video game franchise and fans of racing alike.
We are continuing discussions with NASCAR regarding the license and future products, but we have no further announcements to make at this time."

I checked vgchartz and Nascar 09 did bomb at retail. The game was only released in the US. Here are the US sales by platform:

360 - 200,000
PS3 - 130,000
PS2 - 160,000

I remember the days that there were TWO EA Nascar series each year, Nascar and Nascar Thunder.

Down to the last three code packages. If we can sell these in the next half hour or so I will get all the codes mailed out before 6. Thanks for your orders!

[quote name='drfrielgood']I checked vgchartz and Nascar 09 did bomb at retail. The game was only released in the US. Here are the US sales by platform:

360 - 200,000
PS3 - 130,000
PS2 - 160,000

I remember the days that there were TWO EA Nascar series each year, Nascar and Nascar Thunder.[/QUOTE]

Take a look at 2008's

360 - 270,000
PS3 - 140,000
PS2 - 120,000

Big drop for the 360 versions.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Down to the last three code packages. If we can sell these in the next half hour or so I will get all the codes mailed out before 6. Thanks for your orders![/QUOTE]
How close are you to emailing the codes? I just picked this up as well.

This guy is legit when it comes to codes right? That was the only reason I purchased from him instead of the guy on the other thread from yesterday. What the hell?

[quote name='rdogg1026']Calm down man[/QUOTE]Thats easy for you to say. Doesn't help my situation though. I have always been apprehensive over buying codes like this. I finally break down and do it and this is what happens.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Thats easy for you to say. Doesn't help my situation though. I have always been apprehensive over buying codes like this. I finally break down and do it and this is what happens.[/QUOTE]

He is very reliable. He will get back 2 you.

[quote name='rdogg1026']He is very reliable. He will get back 2 you.[/QUOTE]
Wish you would have replied with that in the first place. It is much more helpful to me than "Calm down man." Thanks:)

[quote name='lllGurulll']Wish you would have replied with that in the first place. It is much more helpful to me than "Calm down man." Thanks:)[/QUOTE]

No problem. Sorry.

He's just not on 24 hrs a day, but any problems he will correct. We're all used to bigger companies where we get quick responses to problems, and even some of them aren't too quick.
He's got an awesome website and says the quickest way to get a hold of him is to post there because he can't check all of his PM's and emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back