40th Day or Darksiders?

sguttmann

CAGiversary!
I am planning to take advantage of the $60 GC from TRU by picking up Bayonetta along with one other. Which of the two would be a better game Darksiders or Army of Two: The 40th Day? I do not play online so co-op is out.

Darksiders for sure. There's nothing wrong with Army of Two: The 40th Day but Darksiders will last you a while longer in Story Mode. Aside from that, it'll be nice to show support for an original IP before going to a sequel.

Darksiders will have a way better longevity compare to Army of Two, considering I just beat 40th day in a day with my buddy.

Definitely Darksiders. Army of Two will be cheap quick enough, and us probably only even worth a consideration if you're playing it co-op. And even then, Darksiders.

If you have someone to play with, Army of Two. I've already played through with 2 people, multiple times; game never gets old, especially when you do it in co-op.

However, I'd also have to agree with everyone else here. Darksiders is one of the best new IP's in years; absolutely fantastic game.

Darksiders... ESPECIALLY considering that you will not play online

also, it seems that all the review sites seem to heavily favor darksiders over 40th day giving it higher reviews... also since you seem to want Bayonetta.... Darksiders seems to be cut from a similar cloth (but the combat is not nearly as involved as in Bayonetta)

Darksiders. I'm almost finished with it... 2 boss fights left.
So far I've clocked in at 15+ hours. It's a good meaty game!
Just when you think it's getting too repetitive you are awarded another unique weapon that changes the dynamics of gameplay.
Good enemy variety, some objectives can be overly repetitive (e.g. activating and aligning 3 laser beams each guarded a massive sentient robot).
Once you acquire Ruin (your steed) the game really shines!
Riding and combatting from the horse is fun, intuitive and should've been introduced waaay earlier in the game.
If not buying I highly recommend renting it for a long weekend!

[quote name='dumlaox']Darksiders for sure.
... it'll be nice to show support for an original IP before going to a sequel.[/QUOTE]

This is how I see it. FPS's are no fun on consoles without M/KB and I'd rather see companies trying new things instead of relying on sequel after sequel. That's why I stopped buying Activision games after they canned Brutal and Ghostbusters which I later bought anyway.

bread's done
Back