40x60 Poster Frame

DM7000

CAGiversary!
I've been trying to find a 40x60 poster frame for a while but everything I can find is above 100 dollars. Ideally I would love it to be less than 80, it doesn't have to be anything fancy.

Do any CAGers have any ideas as to where I could find such a deal?

Walmart has them for $50 I believe but the quality is horrible, mine fell apart after hanging on the wall after a year. Michaels Crafts usually has 40% off coupons which could save you money.

Unfortunately the 40% off framing at Michaels only covers the actual labor fee portion. I went and asked about getting mine framed as well, without the glass it's about $90, which wasn't horrible.

Fun fact: the glass alone for that size was over $4000.

Yeah, for something cheap that size you might as well make your own. I wanted a 30x40 frame earlier this year and have looked everywhere with no luck. As stated the 40% off framing at Michaels is a complete joke.

And either way, for something that size, you almost need a nice frame. Anything THAT big and cheap will, as lizardking said, fall apart. There is too much space for it to pull in on itself and to counter that you need a thicker (hence nicer usually) frame.

If however you find somewhere that has them, I would sure as heck like to know because my 30x40 giclee print is just sitting, unable to be hung still!

*edit*

Here is the link to my thread asking a similar question for my 30x40. You might get some ideas from there as well.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277645

bread's done
Back