42" Insignia Plasma TV for $369.99

dbrev42

CAGiversary!
Best buy has a 42" Insignia Plasma TV for $369.99 on black Friday this year. It's a great deal, but I want to make sure I get it. Can I hold it possibly and get it Friday, or do I have to wait in line for it? But what if im too far back in line and when the store opens I don't get it? Whats a good time for me to get down to best buy on black friday, I want to insure I get this tv. New to the whole black friday thing, thanks!

Get there at 5pm on Thanksgiving. If this Best Buy is the same as mine they will start at the front of the line and hand out tickets for what people want so when they open the doors there's no stampede and crushed old ladies.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Get there at 5pm on Thanksgiving. If this Best Buy is the same as mine they will start at the front of the line and hand out tickets for what people want so when they open the doors there's no stampede and crushed old ladies.[/QUOTE]

how does the ticket thing work? if you have a ticket are you gauranteed it or something?

That's the idea. If they have 10 of these TV sets, they have tickets for the first 10 people in line who want to buy them. If you aren't in the first 10, too damn bad. The idea is to mitigate the danger of the mad crush into the store.

And no, Best Buy isn't going to hold an item for you. The whole point of these sales is to get you into the store.

5 AM is pretty tame in the Chicago area. The stores open at 6 AM so the line usually starts between 3-4 AM. It might be different if you are from the sticks.

It's normally on sale for 399.99 anyways. If you don't get it, you can get it another without losing out too much. Also, the samsung 42 inch pn42c450 and the comparable panasonic 42 inch plasma hover around 399.99 most of the time too. You might wanna check those out instead. The only real plus of get the insignia is if you don't buy service plans, the insignia at least comes with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty.

edit: my mistake. I got some numbers confused. That is a hell of a deal, lol. The tv are usually 499, not 399

[quote name='zshipp']That's the idea. If they have 10 of these TV sets, they have tickets for the first 10 people in line who want to buy them. If you aren't in the first 10, too damn bad. The idea is to mitigate the danger of the mad crush into the store.

And no, Best Buy isn't going to hold an item for you. The whole point of these sales is to get you into the store.

5 AM is pretty tame in the Chicago area. The stores open at 6 AM so the line usually starts between 3-4 AM. It might be different if you are from the sticks.[/QUOTE]

thanks , really appreciate that input. im from Springfield mass, hopefully the best buy in holyoke wont be swamped too bad

[quote name='dbrev42']thanks , really appreciate that input. im from Springfield mass, hopefully the best buy in holyoke wont be swamped too bad[/QUOTE]

If you've never gone to Best Buy on Black Friday, be prepared to be amazed at what people will do just to save $100. Thankfully stores have good systems to prevent chaos, but if you're not willing to camp out for hours before the store opens, be prepared for disappointment. After a wasted trip, I've often wondered why I just didn't pay the extra $100 and save myself the aggravation.

[quote name='salty tbone']If you've never gone to Best Buy on Black Friday, be prepared to be amazed at what people will do just to save $100. Thankfully stores have good systems to prevent chaos, but if you're not willing to camp out for hours before the store opens, be prepared for disappointment. After a wasted trip, I've often wondered why I just didn't pay the extra $100 and save myself the aggravation.[/QUOTE]

I've quit going to stores on "Black Friday". I hate fighting the crazies at the stores and now mostly shop online. And I've noticed that the closer you get to Christmas, the weekend sales get pretty close to "Black Friday" pricing anyway.

Just as an FYI, I purchased this TV for $399.99 at the beginning of September, so if you don't get it now, it's not like it never goes on sale. It's a great TV by the way.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Do TV prices generally drop in January when newer models are shown?[/QUOTE]

From previous experiences, you begin to see Black Friday pricing around the end of janurary/february next year when closeouts/clearance begin in retailers.

Hey similar question, but for Sears. This is what I've got my eyes set on:

Panasonic 50" Plasma 1080p [TC-P50S2] for $799 ($100 cheaper than what is advertised on Sears.com right this moment)

http://i.black-friday.net/adscans/sears-page-37.jpg

"While supplies last. Quantities limited. No rainchecks." ; "Not available in all stores"

Any advice for snagging this puppy? I'll be coming after Thanksgiving dinner from 85027 in AZ.

bread's done
Back