$49.95 200 gb Maxtor @ Radio Shack AR YMMV

TurkeyOnRye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (100%)
Jenn and I stopped by the new Radio Shack here in Jasper, IN to look for a audio convertor cord and saw 200 gb Maxtor Internal hard drives for $49.95 after a $60 Radio Shack mail-in-rebate.

I asked about the rebate and the employee there said it was a standard 8 to 12 week return. It'd be kinda hard for me to let 60 bucks float around in limbo... but for anyone with the flow, it's a great deal!

I don't know if this is YMMV or not, so I went ahead and added it to the title.

I would, but I hte rebates. I'm going to stick to the 2 250 gb external drives for $100 each. Better than my $180 unopened 300 gb drive.

People suggested that I get an internal drive and put it in a case, but I don't feel like it, not much to save.

[quote name='StarChild']Is maxtor any good?[/QUOTE]

Maxtor is alright, more reliable than Western Digital IMO, but not as good as Seagate. Maxtor's HDs tend to get louder and louder as they age. I threw away a couple of my 6.4GB and 8.0GB Maxtor from the 90's because they got really loud. Now my 4 year old 80GB sounds like a jet engine.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Maxtor is alright, more reliable than Western Digital IMO, but not as good as Seagate. Maxtor's HDs tend to get louder and louder as they age. I threw away a couple of my 6.4GB and 8.0GB Maxtor from the 90's because they got really loud. Now my 4 year old 80GB sounds like a jet engine.[/QUOTE]

Unless Maxtor's have REALLY gotten better in the last 2-3 years, I can't imagine calling them better than WD's. Not that WD's are the best around either - honestly, the most reliable drives I've used have been either IBM or Fujitsu's. Seagate's aren't bad either - of the 3 "big names" I'd rate them: Seagate > WD > Maxtor.

bread's done
Back