$49 Blu-Ray(Black Friday) Player/Other CE price point discussion

Problem with the $49 BR scenario during BF's sale weekend would be that it's likely to be a bare-bones player that's Profile 1.1 only.

It would have to be one that we'd find out about in advance from ad leaks and check reviews to see if it's worth a damn.

Yeah I would love to find a bare-bones player for $49 for my bedroom, as long as it upconverted standard DVD's also.

I want a netflix streaming player with built in wifi for $150
i think theyre at $200 currently so not a far stretch though cheaper is certainly better.

[quote name='GizmoGC']They are $150 for the WiFi Netflix player.[/QUOTE]

they require a wifi dongle the samsing dongle is $75 for instance.

OP here-the BD player for $49 won't be a top of the line player, but just as most people are looking for basic dvd players, another segment of the market, will be looking for a way to get into BD with a cheap player. I myself have all of the players I need, and will be scoping for media deals this year. But since 2007, when I chose to buy into BD, it's been great to see more pricing aggresion on players & movies. We'll see what they cook up. I am guessing it will be a Curtes Mathes (which can be made region free and was recently $99 at Target), a Magnavox, or an Insignia.

bread's done
Back