4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo - $105 shipped!!

Holly crap! Thanks for the heads up. I just bought 2 2gigs at 70 bucks each. Thankfully, I have one of them still unopened, so I'll return it and buy this. Score!

Wow that's insane. If it were a site I'd never heard of I'd have to scream "Phony!" I don't see anything about it being a sale or something. Do you guys suggest I purchase it now or do you think it will be the same price in say, oh, three weeks?

[quote name='RatATatTatt']Wow that's insane. If it were a site I'd never heard of I'd have to scream "Phony!" I don't see anything about it being a sale or something. Do you guys suggest I purchase it now or do you think it will be the same price in say, oh, three weeks?[/quote]

yea i was scared it was gonna keep going down..but i just had to bite the bullet!

[quote name='Bezerker']8gb has been out for a month.

And yes, 4gb is the max that'll work with any of the current firmwares. I'm sure in the future Sony will change it so future firmwares can use higher capacities.

Dont forget the 10% off mail in rebate to save another $10.50:

http://ebm.sandisk-dm.com/c/tag/hBExoZgAajgk5AipT4BAPvduK7z/doc.html
[/quote]

cool thanks for the rebate i forgot about that...i had no idea 8gb sticks were out already..i havent seen any at all

S.O.B! i just opened my 2gig I got from C.C yesterday.. least I only paid 69.99.. now i just have to wait for the 15$ rebate. makeing the final 54.99.. not to bad

I hope you all get what you order, but the two things I ever ordered from Buy.com on the cheap (one of which was a 2GB pro duo) were cancelled without warning or email. fuck that site.

[quote name='mykevermin']I hope you all get what you order, but the two things I ever ordered from Buy.com on the cheap (one of which was a 2GB pro duo) were cancelled without warning or email. fuck that site.[/quote]

I've had good experiences with them so far. I bought a Logitech 5.1 surround sound speaker system from them for $35ish shipped, brand new. Worked like a charm for me.

Well, I just bought the 1GB Pro Duo memory stick last week for $27 (pricematched at CC) so I dont feel too bad about this deal. Its 4 times my memory and it costs 4 times as much, so I got an equivalent deal on mine.

I used the same logic when I told myself not to order this one now. I figure give it a month or two more and it should drop a lot more. Then I'll be happy to pick it up then.

[quote name='addicted2games']Well, I just bought the 1GB Pro Duo memory stick last week for $27 (pricematched at CC) so I dont feel too bad about this deal. Its 4 times my memory and it costs 4 times as much, so I got an equivalent deal on mine.[/QUOTE]

You know, this ALMOST pissed me off something fierce considering that I just ordered a 4giger from amazon.com's $130 sale yesterday. I say ALMOST because it went OOS really fast and I can use the 10% off coupon for my amazon order! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

you know with the memory sticks, if one sites has it that low others will quickly follow.

And to think, I thought I was getting a steal when I got one for $148 from Buy.com 2 weeks ago.

Is the Sandisk 10% rebate good for Buy.com purchases, or only for products bought directly from Sandisk?

[quote name='WTFer']you know with the memory sticks, if one sites has it that low others will quickly follow.[/QUOTE]

Not if the site with the lowest price is out of stock or backordered, then other companies have no incentive to compete.

Can someone remove this from the frontpage since it gets peoples hopes up when Buy.com is out of stock? I saw the deal and immediately pulled out my credit card only to find no more were available.

[quote name='Proximus']Can someone remove this from the frontpage since it gets peoples hopes up when Buy.com is out of stock? I saw the deal and immediately pulled out my credit card only to find no more were available.[/QUOTE]

Only one who can do this is Cheapy and he's asleep at the moment.

Last Sunday in the LA Times, Sony ran an ad supplement that showed their SRP for a 4 GB card from them will be $169 starting August.

Considering how low that is coming direct from Sony I'm confident we can expect to see sub-$100 pricing for third party units a lot sooner than previously expected.

Since the use of PS1 games on the PSP under emulation could be extremely profitable, considering these games had their development cost met years ago and the cost of the bandwidth to send them is measured in pennies, it is in Sony's interest to be sure we have a lot of free space for PSP downloads.

[quote name='addicted2games']Well, I just bought the 1GB Pro Duo memory stick last week for $27 (pricematched at CC) so I dont feel too bad about this deal. Its 4 times my memory and it costs 4 times as much, so I got an equivalent deal on mine.[/QUOTE]

except to have that much capacity you would have to carry around 4 tiny memory sticks which would be easier to lose rather than the one larger one sitting in your PSP all the time....not to mention that with one gig stick it is hard to use the whole gig unless you fill it up with the perfect amount of data; with the 4 gigger each gig is actually useable (at least the first 3 gigs are)

[quote name='cleaver']My order has been "PROCESSING" for 28 straight hours.[/quote]

yea i dont think these orders will be fulfilled..maybe a price mistake...oh well

Anybody who ordered the Sandisk get shipping confirmation? Mine says "Sent to Warehouse" and "backordered". Also, has anyone had theirs outright canceled?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anybody who ordered the Sandisk get shipping confirmation? Mine says "Sent to Warehouse" and "backordered". Also, has anyone had theirs outright canceled?[/QUOTE]

thats internet merchant speak for "you aint gettin it, we updated the website too slow, went OOS because of CAGers being on ball" :( EB/GS are notorious for that trick

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anybody who ordered the Sandisk get shipping confirmation? Mine says "Sent to Warehouse" and "backordered". [/QUOTE]

I've had an item 'Sent to warehouse' for almost three years.

bread's done
Back