4GB PNY flash drive (used for Xbox 360 memory card) $5.99 free shipping Best Buy

Good deal on a general USB drive, but DO NOT USE THIS FOR THE XBOX 360! I have a similar one that I just used last week to transfer my content to a new slim model. After the content transferred to the USB, the USB randomly unformatted and was unreadable by either console. I lost 50+ games worth of save data, and pretty much ruined my month :cry:. Did some searching, and a lot of PNY branded models are not compatible with the 360.

Oh, and spend the $20 on a transfer cable if you are migrating. I wish I would have.

[quote name='mjinxx']Good deal on a general USB drive, but DO NOT USE THIS FOR THE XBOX 360! I have a similar one that I just used last week to transfer my content to a new slim model. After the content transferred to the USB, the USB randomly unformatted and was unreadable by either console. I lost 50+ games worth of save data, and pretty much ruined my month :cry:. Did some searching, and a lot of PNY branded models are not compatible with the 360.

Oh, and spend the $20 on a transfer cable if you are migrating. I wish I would have.[/QUOTE]

Really? In a somewhat likely scenario, I was looking at a new microSDHC card for my phone and apparently the PNY cards do not work with Android phones. I guess PNY just sucks in regards to flash storage media...:whistle2:k

On top of the problems with PNY, just wait until the next time you see a 16 GB drive for $10 or less after rebate. Someone seems to have a deal like that every other week on USB drives or SDHC cards.

[quote name='mjinxx']Good deal on a general USB drive, but DO NOT USE THIS FOR THE XBOX 360! I have a similar one that I just used last week to transfer my content to a new slim model. After the content transferred to the USB, the USB randomly unformatted and was unreadable by either console. I lost 50+ games worth of save data, and pretty much ruined my month :cry:. Did some searching, and a lot of PNY branded models are not compatible with the 360.

Oh, and spend the $20 on a transfer cable if you are migrating. I wish I would have.[/QUOTE]

Yikes, makes me want to return the 16GB I picked up on BF from BB

Did you plug in the usb drive before or after you turned on the 360? Sometimes drives don't read as formated if you plug them in while the 360 is already on.

bread's done
Back