4GB Pro Duo PLATINUM II LEXAR for $34.99 at Fry's

gah, even 8gb are crazy cheap. I'm still on a 32mb, but I only play REAL games so it's never an issue.

and I have Lumines too. I'm just lazy.

does anyone know the quality of this thing? I dont understand why there are so many different versions of one memory card...

i was able to transfere res evil 3 movie onto my lexar (this same one being sold) with no problems. my sony pro duo 2 gig wouldn't take it- the read/write speed is faster on this card as well. to bad i want another, every time i try to check out, it gives me an "oops!- system has generated an error"- happens any time i try and order from this site

[quote name='vinht426']does anyone know the quality of this thing? I dont understand why there are so many different versions of one memory card...[/QUOTE]

I don't have a Lexar (got 3 SanDisk's) but most people say they are aren't good sticks to use for homebrew. Some custom firmware plug-in's wont work with them and certain iso's will have have problems loading from the stick.

For the CFW the Lexars have issues, not sure about the platinum version though. I guess for people into that sort of thing they will know. Otherwise this is a great card for movies and music etc.

Thanks OP!

-- Alex

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']The official Sony ones I hear you can't mod or put certain homebrew on. Sandisk ones are good and pretty fast, too.[/quote]
Oh dammit, really?

All I have are Lexar and Sony! Nooooo...

Vanilla Sonys are fine, Vanilla Lexars are not. Not sure about this platinum mumbo jumbo. Just look in the usual places and you will find the info about CFW et al.

Later,

Alex

I bought 2 of these exact models during Fry's last sale and they work flawlessly on a psp slim and fat both using CFW. I just purchased 2 more for family members for the express use with CFW. You can use these with confidence, folks.

[quote name='magykmyke']I bought 2 of these exact models during Fry's last sale and they work flawlessly on a psp slim and fat both using CFW. I just purchased 2 more for family members for the express use with CFW. You can use these with confidence, folks.[/quote]

What?!? ....I bought one and it wouldn't work with some of the plug-ins (i.e. - Popsloader and CWCheat). I replaced it with my 4GB Sony and Popsloader works, but CWCheat doesn't still so I have to look into that. I'm running 3.71 M33-4 btw, I'll stay away from 3.80 since there's really no need for it right now.

Guess I'll swap it for another under warranty and see if the stick was just acting funky.

Well I ordered one of these to use on a new slim PSP with CFW. Hopefully it will work out ok. If not I guess I could come close to breaking even selling it on eBay and get a different brand stick that does work.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']What?!? ....I bought one and it wouldn't work with some of the plug-ins (i.e. - Popsloader and CWCheat). I replaced it with my 4GB Sony and Popsloader works, but CWCheat doesn't still so I have to look into that. I'm running 3.71 M33-4 btw, I'll stay away from 3.80 since there's really no need for it right now.

Guess I'll swap it for another under warranty and see if the stick was just acting funky.[/quote]
Exactly right. There are a few other plugins as well that don't work on Platinum Lexars. Gaming Lexars may be fine though.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=58822

-- Alex

i bought a 2 gig years ago when the psp first came out to use with it, it didn't work, called customer sservice, they said it doesn't work with the psp, go figure

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']gah, even 8gb are crazy cheap. I'm still on a 32mb, but I only play REAL games so it's never an issue.

and I have Lumines too. I'm just lazy.[/quote]

Can you post a link for the 8 GB sticks? Could not find them.

Thanks,

Alex

In my experience the Gold Plates on the Lexar isn't too great, Sony memory sticks have slow write speeds, Sandisk IMO is the best memory stick to get, don't eBay memory sticks because they are all fake on eBay. I bought a Lexar and after 2 days I returned it as defective and got another one, after a week I looked at the back on the gold plates and they've faded, so I returned that and paid $10 more for a Sandisk, best memory stick ever :)

Ok, I need help guys .

I want to order this but I ain't getting any free shipping... how come?
Im being charger 6.95 for shipping. How do you get the free shipping cause its not showing up here. (do you have to be subscribed to Fry's?)

(Edit: I live in the Baltimore area. Maybe thats a problem, I don't know)

Any ideas anyone...

bread's done
Back