4GB Xbox 360 Skylanders Family Fun Value Bundle/w extra controller at Walmart

[quote name='computingwarren']No, it's not. It's a system that can't even play games made by its manufacturer.

You've got a lot of training to do, young padawan.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand your post

[quote name='computingwarren']Basically, 4gb was a fail on their behalf. It can't even play Halo.[/QUOTE]

I think he couldn't understand your star wars reference.

[quote name='kilik64']I think he couldn't understand your star wars reference.[/QUOTE]

In that case it must be a bot.

[quote name='computingwarren']Basically, 4gb was a fail on their behalf. It can't even play Halo.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I understand now. It's not a bad price for all you get though. The regular 4GB is $199 and in this bundle you get the Skylanders Starter Pack and a extra controller.

How is 4GB a fail? They're targeting average families who most likely don't require much hard drive space, and the more tech-savvy know how to install extra memory. You could easily format a 320GB for this for about $60 more.

[quote name='Blade']How is 4GB a fail? They're targeting average families who most likely don't require much hard drive space, and the more tech-savvy know how to install extra memory. You could easily format a 320GB for this for about $60 more.[/QUOTE]

Family buys budget friendly Xbox for little Tommy, Tommy only wants Halo 4. Christmas morning comes and Tommy opens his new xbox all excited to play Halo 4 with his friends. He turns it on, makes an account and pops Halo 4 in. He's already in a party chatting up a storm about how happy he is and loves his family. It prompts an update, and it says you need to install. Tommy is like, "alright let me install this bitch, yolo". Tommy then notices an error that says "no space to download". Tommy gets angry and starts throwing a temper tantrum. Christmas is ruined and his friends continue to laugh as they hear him on the mic.

This is a good deal. The 4GB console is $199 by itself. A controller would cost you an additional $40-50 bucks. You get all that plus skylanders for $30 bucks less than the standalone 4GB console. Also, You can just buy a 16gb thumb drive for $8 bucks and install the Halo maps on it. I have this console with a 250GB hard drive but I carry that thumb drive along with Halo to one of my buddies place and play right away. no need to install those maps in every single xbox I play on. Good find OP.

FYI - I bought one of these last week and can confirm that you can return the controller separate from the bundle for $30.

So in the end if your just looking for the system, it will cost you $149+tax.

Not a bad deal... $50 less than regular 4GB units and it comes with skylanders(Which is great if you have kids).

[quote name='computingwarren']Family buys budget friendly Xbox for little Tommy, Tommy only wants Halo 4. Christmas morning comes and Tommy opens his new xbox all excited to play Halo 4 with his friends. He turns it on, makes an account and pops Halo 4 in. He's already in a party chatting up a storm about how happy he is and loves his family. It prompts an update, and it says you need to install. Tommy is like, "alright let me install this bitch, yolo". Tommy then notices an error that says "no space to download". Tommy gets angry and starts throwing a temper tantrum. Christmas is ruined and his friends continue to laugh as they hear him on the mic.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the better posts I've seen lately! :)

On another note, why not just wait for the next gen console and get a 360 when they price drop? Aren't we coming up on that in the next year or so anyway? Unless you need a replacement console of course.

This was a great deal if you ask me. Hopefully they bring it back later this week like they did last weekend since I need a new XBOX 360.

[quote name='StilesCrisis']4GB 360 + Skylanders was $149 during Black Friday. I almost bit then. It's not a terrible deal; upgrading the drive is not that expensive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. I just posted that cause the current deal expired.

I ended up getting this bundle on Black Friday for $149.99 and sold the exclusive "Gill Grunt" Skylander on Craigslist for $45.00 and the extra portal for $15.00 since we also have the Giants game with another portal.

[quote name='leung19']I need a new xbox, should i get this or wait for the 199 250GB holiday bundle again?[/QUOTE]

it is better to wait, with xbox 720 coming out next year, xbox 360 will def get cheaper. in the end , it comes down to question of do you need it now, or can you wait?

[quote name='YBX87']it is better to wait, with xbox 720 coming out next year, xbox 360 will def get cheaper. in the end , it comes down to question of do you need it now, or can you wait?[/QUOTE]

I think you miss understood my question, i need a new xbox now,

but my choice is get this or wait for the 250GB holiday bundle go on sale again for $199 like BF

[quote name='computingwarren']Family buys budget friendly Xbox for little Tommy, Tommy only wants Halo 4. Christmas morning comes and Tommy opens his new xbox all excited to play Halo 4 with his friends. He turns it on, makes an account and pops Halo 4 in. He's already in a party chatting up a storm about how happy he is and loves his family. It prompts an update, and it says you need to install. Tommy is like, "alright let me install this bitch, yolo". Tommy then notices an error that says "no space to download". Tommy gets angry and starts throwing a temper tantrum. Christmas is ruined and his friends continue to laugh as they hear him on the mic.[/QUOTE]

Maybe tommy shouldnt be such a little bitch and not say yolo.

[quote name='biggrey']Also, You can just buy a 16gb thumb drive for $8 bucks and install the Halo maps on it.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that the XBox now supports 32GB flash drives.

[quote name='LordFlux']Don't forget that the XBox now supports 32GB flash drives.[/QUOTE]

I ended up finding a 32gb San Disk one on-sale at Best Buy for $14.00 works great.

bread's done
Back