$5 Blu-Ray @ Target B&M

JJSP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
I was there today and noticed a few titles aside from the usual crap old movies.

Terminator 2 Skynet Edition
American Psycho Uncut
Young Guns
The Others
Scary Movie 2
Scary Movie 3
Stargate

I know there were a few more, but these are the ones I recall. Picked up T2 and American Psycho.

UPDATED 11/14
Pretty big update to this list - my Target is reorganizing their Blu section and has an entire "value" area now. I'd expect other Target's to follow suit, but this list should be fairly current as of today.

310 To Yuma
American Psycho
Bad Santa
The Brothers Grimm
Cabin Fever
Chaos
The Cider House Rules
The Code
Condemned
Crank
Cujo
The Doors
Gone Baby Gone
Good Luck Chuck
Highlander 1 and 2 ($5 each)
The Others
Planet Hulk
Rambo First Blood 1 & 2 ($5 each)
Rounders
The Running Man
Scary Movie 1-4 ($5 each)
Stargate
Swingers
T2: Skynet Edition
Total Recall
Young Guns

There are a number of other titles in the "value" area at $7.99 and $9.99, but those are the super-cheap ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Good price on T2 & Am. Psycho; However, steer clear of Young Guns it has a flawed master with a screwed up aspect ratio making it look worse that a non-upscaled DVD.

[quote name='kyrhon']): I just bought T2 a week or so ago for $8...[/QUOTE]

I bought it a few months ago for 15 and haven't watched it yet.

Bridge
_____

Water

Picked T2 up for $20 on release day and I'm not even mad about it. If you watch it with an internet connection enabled, the main menu is like Skynet and lists your location, current temperature and time.. pretty cool.

I've also heard Scary Movie 2 and 3 are part of the $5 sale but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks OP. I bought Terminator from Best Buy a few months ago during their Buy and Save sale but I never picked up T2. Any excuse to go to Target is good enough for me.

Update: I went and picked up T2 today. Strangely, Young Guns was not marked for $5.00 (didn't bother checking the price scanner though). Young Frankenstein and The Ninth Gate were also marked as $5.00, as were the other movies mentioned in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metallicoholic']Thanks OP. I bought Terminator from Best Buy a few months ago during their Buy and Save sale but I never picked up T2. Any excuse to go to Target is good enough for me.

Update: I went and picked up T2 today. Strangely, Young Guns was not marked for $5.00 (didn't bother checking the price scanner though). Young Frankenstein and The Ninth Gate were also marked as $5.00, as were the other movies mentioned in this thread.[/QUOTE]

The Others was $14.99 on the rack but scanned at $5.00 at one I went to today so Young Guns probably would have also.

[quote name='Scorch']America's National Treasures has been $5 for quite a few months. Is it worth picking up? Has anyone seen it?[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the last copy at my Target but haven't watched it. Reviews seem mixed to average . . .

DVD-talk
Since it's not really geared for pure home video entertainment, America's National Treasures is a hard title to wholly advocate - especially in light of what Ken Burns did with the same relative subject. Still, there is so much here to enjoy from a pure picture standpoint that one has to err on the side of such visuals. As a result, this relatively light Blu-ray package gets an unenthusiastic Recommended rating. If you're an educator or a student of the National Monuments, you will enjoy the dry, detailed information offered. If you're looking for a little pizzazz - forget it. Of course, the big lesson here is be careful what you request from your title pool. Sometimes, what sounds like a relaxing, recreational journey through the heart of this formidable nation ends up being a protracted bit of high school class work.

After reading that review and the blu-ray.com forum thread about it most people are pleased with it- especially at the $5 or less price. The general consensus is that it is a more traditional and educational documentary style presintation and less of the modern polished, but dumbed down, Ken Burns' product.

^Young Frankenstein was at my Target, but it was $17.99

As for myself, I didn't see The Others. I walked away with American Psycho.

[quote name='Tsel']^Young Frankenstein was at my Target, but it was $17.99[/QUOTE]

This must be regional or something. There were no $5 blu-rays at my Target at all, not even any empty shelf spaces where they would have been. :cry:

targets in my area suck. they don't even have a video game clearance section so I doubt they will have a Blu one. thanks though.

You have to actually look. They were completely mix and matched with all the other blus at my Target. No special markings or anything. They didn't even have the little "Price Cut" tab that sticks out. Just a random $5.00 on the price tag.

[quote name='Tsel']You have to actually look. They were completely mix and matched with all the other blus at my Target. No special markings or anything. They didn't even have the little "Price Cut" tab that sticks out. Just a random $5.00 on the price tag.[/QUOTE]

I looked through the whole section. Unless there was something that they hadn't changed the shelf tag on and that isn't listed here, there was nothing.

They did have a big rack of $7.99 titles, but those were the same ones that have been $7.99 on and off for a while now.

Tried a different store and they had some of the titles in stock. No copies of Young Frankenstein, alas. I did grab The Others and American Psycho, though.

Debating whether to keep American Psycho or not... I already have the DVD, and it's not such a spectacular looking movie that I really need to have it in HD. At the same time, though, it's only $5...

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I tried to do a rain-check on Highlander and the system wouldn't let the clerk. Anyone physically seen this in store?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Another CAG posted above that he'd see it too.

Must have missed that, I only saw one person post there was an empty slot with a price- which is what both the ones I checked had.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I tried to do a rain-check on Highlander and the system wouldn't let the clerk. Anyone physically seen this in store?[/QUOTE]

I've seen at as well. This is at the Pico Rivera, CA Target if anybody is interested in it. There was only one copy where it's supposed to be located, but there were two more behind a copy of Terminator 2. I only picked up The Others.

Found Young Frankenstein finally, but it scans at $17.99. :( Weird, because the rest of the titles that they have which were reported at $5 are indeed $5. I wonder why the discrepancies with this one...

Found T2:Skynet yesterday and decided to pick it up even though I already own the previous T2 blu ray. While the picture quality is only marginally improved on the new one and probably not to the point that its worth upgrading; the previous blu ray release doesn't have the extended cut.

I went to 2 Targets today. At the first one picked up American Psycho and the second I got The Others. Young Frankenstein was $17.99 at both. & indeed Stargate is the extended cut version.

I would have picked up the Rambo movies. The only one I saw at my Target that I hadn't previously seen was The Others. Oddly enough, it wasn't in the normal display, but in the New Releases stand instead.

[quote name='K_G']3:10 to yuma was is also $5[/QUOTE]
No shit? I had been passing on this for $7 at Amazon, but at $5 I guess I can't resist.

It's not clearance. It's a price cut/regular sale. They're mixed in with the regular Blus at mine and have been restocked multiple times.

Pretty big update to this list - my Target is reorganizing their Blu section and has an entire "value" area now. I'd expect other Target's to follow suit, but this list should be fairly current as of today.

310 To Yuma
American Psycho
Bad Santa
The Brothers Grimm
Cabin Fever
Chaos
The Cider House Rules
The Code
Condemned
Crank
Cujo
The Doors
Gone Baby Gone
Good Luck Chuck
Highlander 1 and 2 ($5 each)
The Others
Planet Hulk
Rambo First Blood 1 & 2 ($5 each)
Rounders
The Running Man
Scary Movie 1-4 ($5 each)
Swingers
T2: Skynet Edition
Total Recall

There are a number of other titles in the "value" area at $7.99 and $9.99, but those are the super-cheap ones

You know, the sad thing is that most of these $5 blu rays are better than their Black Friday sale blu rays, and they're cheaper.

bread's done
Back