My Best Friend's Girl
Van Wilder
Waiting...
Still Waiting...
Disaster Movie
The Cider House Rules
The Spy Next Door
Bridget Jones's Diary

I was at a brand new Walmart unexpectedly this morning, and went looking for the $5 BD's because there were a few I wanted. Only found the $6 ones on a back end cap, and the only ones I can remember right now are Commando, Buried (mentioned above), Young Guns, some two pack that included a Jessica Alba movie I don't think I'd ever heard of, and a Jackie Chan movie. It may have been Drunken Master.

Are these $5 displays in electronics or up front? I got all excited as I headed to the checkout when I saw a big $5 sign over a bin but it was all DVD's.

The Walmart I went to had this big display right by the normal Blu ray section.

I picked up the Brothers Grimm, First Blood, a double feature of the Prophecy and the Prophecy 2, a dbl feature with Blindness and Proof, and 1 other double feature disk that had Impostor and another corny looking sci fi movie the name of which escapes me at the moment.

$6 blus are apart of every 4-6 week changing video promotions. (Which has a total of 30-40 titles including the adam wes batman movie, escape from ny bd/dvd, legend of drunken master, igor, a veggie tale flick)

The $5 blus came in a blue cardboard display usually placed in the main aisle infront of electronics though some store mightve killed it/send back to returns to make room for the tv show display that just came in.

Edit;
Most ifnot all the $5 double movies were done by echo bridge

Wow OP, thats a huge list. Either you have a really good memory or you took a pic of the display and listed the movies from there :)

There is no way i would have remembered that many movies off the top of my head. I blame video games :)

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']$6 blus are apart of every 4-6 week changing video promotions. (Which has a total of 30-40 titles including the adam wes batman movie, escape from ny bd/dvd, legend of drunken master, igor, a veggie tale flick)

The $5 blus came in a blue cardboard display usually placed in the main aisle infront of electronics though some store mightve killed it/send back to returns to make room for the tv show display that just came in.

Edit;
Most ifnot all the $5 double movies were done by echo bridge[/QUOTE]

Thanks. This is a store that opened two weeks ago so they just must not have had it. Now I know what to look for in the future.

Yep, there were Veggie Tales and Escape from New York among the $6 BD's.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']Wow OP, thats a huge list. Either you have a really good memory or you took a pic of the display and listed the movies from there :)

There is no way i would have remembered that many movies off the top of my head. I blame video games :)[/QUOTE]
Took pictures with my phones camera. Went home and realized it was blurry and too small:cry:. I'm in there every day, i work for Coca-Cola, so i took some better pictures and used them to make the list:)

Confirmed... $5 box is in Walmart stores (not all of them).
Got Brother's Grimm, Winter Bones and Iron Monkey.

bread's done
Back