$5 coupon for Super 8 at Amazon

AHiddenLink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Didn't see this posted. This along with the $5.00 for Real Steel I posted the other day, is really nice to help guarantee the best prices on new releases.

Amazon.com Movies and TV: Save $5 on Super 8

Use the code "WOODWARD" at checkout and save $5 on your purchase. Promotional offer valid 10/28/11-11/27/11 and applies only to qualifying products sold by Amazon.com. Promotional discount can only be used once per customer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1327040962&pf_rd_i=2901953011 linky

I'll preorder but we'll see what they do with pricing. Their Disney coupons have been more than dmr ones but Amazon jacks the price to negate any difference in savings

It's $24.99 at the time of this post, so it'll be $19.99 AC. Might be cheaper if someone else has it for cheaper than $24.99 at time of release and Amazon matches.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's $24.99 at the time of this post, so it'll be $19.99 AC. Might be cheaper if someone else has it for cheaper than $24.99 at time of release and Amazon matches.[/QUOTE]
I saw that. My guess is that best buy or target will have it for $19.99, Amazon won't match thus making this coupon void. Just a guess, still gonna preorder. Heard the movie is really enjoyable to 80's babies who grew up with the Goonies

[quote name='shadowkast']I saw that. My guess is that best buy or target will have it for $19.99, Amazon won't match thus making this coupon void. Just a guess, still gonna preorder. Heard the movie is really enjoyable to 80's babies who grew up with the Goonies[/QUOTE]

All the movies that I have used coupons for on Amazon have been matched prices plus the coupon price. The coupon usually gets taken down a week or 2 before release so it pays to pre-order now. It wouldn't make sense for Amazon to not price match on release day.

Maybe with a limited coupon, it'll still match the price and at least a few people will get a really solid price. As an 80 baby myself, I did quite enjoy the movie and the few I recommended it to all seemed to like it.

Very enjoyable for "the 80's babies" which I am part of that club since I was born in 80'. My wife that was born in 79' & my 13 yr old loved it too.

Hmm, this finally showed up in my gold box today, but since I already used the coupon, I can't use it again, and I doubt the gold box price will auto-update in my account (and I bet customer service will have no idea what I'm talking about if I try to get them to manually fix it).

Any idea if it will let me use the coupon again if I cancel my existing order?

I'm iffy on owning Super 8. It was really good up until the end. It went the "misunderstood" alien route, which is dumb. Thing shouldn't have been killing people unprovoked if it just wanted to leave the planet.

That ending alone ruined the experience for me. It's like the end of Click. I love that movie up until the end when it gets super depressing. Why do they have to go and ruin a perfectly good comedy with that bull shit? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Darknuke']
I'm iffy on owning Super 8. It was really good up until the end. It went the "misunderstood" alien route, which is dumb. Thing shouldn't have been killing people unprovoked if it just wanted to leave the planet.

That ending alone ruined the experience for me. It's like the end of Click. I love that movie up until the end when it gets super depressing. Why do they have to go and ruin a perfectly good comedy with that bull shit? lol[/QUOTE]

Spoilers man come on. Just mark the spoilers for people who havent seen the movie...

[quote name='Darknuke']

That ending alone ruined the experience for me. It's like the end of Click. I love that movie up until the end when it gets super depressing. Why do they have to go and ruin a perfectly good comedy with that bull shit? lol[/QUOTE]

The alien didn't want to leave the planet; it wanted to exact revenge. That's why it stayed and killed people. It was lashing out against its treatment at the hands of humans. The climax of the movie was the boy convincing the alien to leave.

I do think that the movie's ending could have been so much more. The interaction between alien and child was far too rushed: the climax and emotional pull of the film ended just like that, and the alien was gone. I mean, I wasn't expecting E.T. 2, or for the alien to start speaking in English and give a longwinded treatise on the destructive nature of humans or anything like that. But it just felt wrapped up too quickly for me.

I think that they could have gone with one more concentrated battle with the army, and begin to show doubt or hesitation in the alien's actions--show gesturally that it is a logical, thinking, empathetic creature. That would have been sufficient for me to give time to process the perspective change in the alien.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']Went ahead and ordered. Hoping for a few bucks off on a price match. I'm sure it will be between $19.99 and $22.99 at Best Buy or Target.[/QUOTE]

$19.99 at Target next week

[quote name='pandarus1119']$19.99 at Target next week[/QUOTE]I'd suggest setting up a price watch on camelcamelcamel for it, to see if they change it before release date ends.

[quote name='kevgret']Amazon price matched Target's $19.99 price..[/QUOTE]And for anyone that pre-ordered it before now, you may want to check to see if you order is in the Shipping Soon status. If so, you'll need to make sure Amazon emails you with the pre-order price guarantee summary email that is supposed to ship out a couple of days after your order ships out.

Mine's in Shipping Now, and it's charging me $19.99, so I need to wait it out and have them credit the $5 back once their system realizes it was $19.99 at time of release and should be $14.99 AC.

[quote name='shrike4242']And for anyone that pre-ordered it before now, you may want to check to see if you order is in the Shipping Soon status. If so, you'll need to make sure Amazon emails you with the pre-order price guarantee summary email that is supposed to ship out a couple of days after your order ships out.

Mine's in Shipping Now, and it's charging me $19.99, so I need to wait it out and have them credit the $5 back once their system realizes it was $19.99 at time of release and should be $14.99 AC.[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue... Do they usually correct this before it ships, or do I need to call customer service?

[quote name='Transformah']I have the same issue... Do they usually correct this before it ships, or do I need to call customer service?[/QUOTE]

They update the price at least by the end of the day after it comes out. So by Wednesday you should get an email and/or a refund of the difference.

[quote name='Transformah']I have the same issue... Do they usually correct this before it ships, or do I need to call customer service?[/QUOTE]Normally what happens is that when the price drop happens on Amazon's site, any existing pre-orders get adjusted in 24-48 hours. As long as this is before release, it's not an issue with an order keeping up with price changes downwards.

In cases like this, the order won't update if it's in the shipping process or if it's shipped out. Once release date happens, you should see an email from them explaining the price you ordered it, the price it shipped at and the lowest price it was by release date. Looks like this:

[quote name='Amazon.com CS email']Greetings from Amazon.com. You saved $5.10 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition: The Complete Official Guide
Price on order date: $23.09
Price charged at shipping: $18.99
Lowest price before release date: $17.99
Amount to be refunded: $1.00
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $5.10

You will receive an additional e-mail when this refund is processed.
[/quote]

That email should show up in 24-48 hours after release date. If you don't get one by that point (end of day on Thursday), follow up with customer service and ask them to refund you your $5 that you're due from the pre-order price guarantee. The item was $24.99 at time of shipment though dropped to $19.99 by the end of day on release date.

Shouldn't need to involve customer service, as it's supposed to work automatically, though again if you don't get anything by end of the day on Thursday, follow up with customer service.

just a heads up this dropped to $19.99 and coupon code is still valid, i just locked it in at $14.99 , cant beat that price

I've seen credits appear for the lowest price guarantee a few days later, so I'm not going to jump the gun and call or Email yet. But, my order shipped about an hour ago and it was not changed beforehand. Still charged me $19.99.

Whew, just got in on this deal today. Had thought this was a deal where you had to 'clip' the coupon and I had already missed it for some reason. Glad to be wrong though.

Have not seen it. just watched the trailer, did not leave me wanting to see it. for $14.99 I'm thinking of blind buying this. Can someone convince me? Is it really that good? I'm reading mixed reviews on this it seems.

I also received my confirmation email, then I received one for the Video On Demand credit and then an unexpected $10 credit for buying the Zelda Bundle, overall it was a good Amazon day :cool:

[quote name='b3b0p']Have not seen it. just watched the trailer, did not leave me wanting to see it. for $14.99 I'm thinking of blind buying this. Can someone convince me? Is it really that good? I'm reading mixed reviews on this it seems.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the movie. It has a Goonies feel to it. It even takes place in the early '80s I believe.

On a side note, I'm not sure how that's going to work with my order. I locked in at $23 or so with one of those recommended daily picks, plus I used the coupon, which brought it down to around $18. I'm not sure if they'll refund $5 or $3. Haven't received notification that it's shipped yet. I ordered it with something else.

[quote name='moniquaa']Toys R Us has Super 8 listed as $11.99 through 11/23 and with the $5 off coupon (printable coupon available at http://www.coupons.com/) that will make it only $6.99! Doesn't get better than THAT![/QUOTE]

Dangit, I thought that was for the blu version at first.

[quote name='shadowkast']I saw that. My guess is that best buy or target will have it for $19.99, Amazon won't match thus making this coupon void. Just a guess, still gonna preorder. Heard the movie is really enjoyable to 80's babies who grew up with the Goonies[/QUOTE]

That's very good to hear, although "80's babies who grew up with the Goonies"? Goonies came out in '86, no? I doubt many 6 year olds or younger watched it in the theaters. I'm a 70's baby ('75) and I did, however.

[quote name='karkyco']That's very good to hear, although "80's babies who grew up with the Goonies"? Goonies came out in '86, no? I doubt many 6 year olds or younger watched it in the theaters. I'm a 70's baby ('75) and I did, however.[/QUOTE]

I preferred Monster Squad over Goonies. I'm debating if I should get Super 8 because I'm thinking this might hit $10 soon.

[quote name='ryosnk']I preferred Monster Squad over Goonies. I'm debating if I should get Super 8 because I'm thinking this might hit $10 soon.[/QUOTE]

I love Monster Squad too. Both the "fat kids" went to my alma mater (UC Berkeley), and I knew them both. Chunk was a year or two older, got skinny, and was one of those "welcome to the campus" ambassadors, while Brent (forgot his name in Monster Squad) I became friends with. He was a very good guy; died in Vegas a while back though.

I just ordered this. Was going to pick it up for $20 at BB, but oh well!

and I first saw the Goonies at some party when I was 7 years old in 1987 at some house party my parents took me too. It was a total mind-f*ck b/c I don't think I had ever really seen a film like that before. Then my parents recorded it on VHS and I probably watched it everyday! but my friend keeps telling me this Super 8 is like E.T. anyway, so not sure about the Goonies correlation to begin with..

Just got my $5.00 refund from Amazon. On top of that, I got my order today, on release day, and I used the free shipping option. Love Amazon!

bread's done
Back