$5 Credit Towards Apps & Games w/ App Download on Amazon Appstore for Android Free

Thanks OP for this, though I'm curious. Having done what was needed to be done in order to get the 5$ credit last night; how long does it take to actually be added to your account? I read on Amazon it takes somewhere between a few minutes to an hour but I have yet to see it being added to my account. Any guesses?

I received it immediately but it doesn't add up to the account. It says you will get it when you try to purchase an app or game.  

Yeah, I got a confirmation that the credit has been added to my account after completing a [free] purchase of an app, notifying me it may take somewhere between a few minutes up to an hour (noting that it doesn't take hours let alone an entire day's worth) for the process.

It says "Thank you for downloading an app from the Amazon Appstore. We have addes a $5.00 promotional credit to your account. We will automatically apply this credit to future purchases of any apps or in-app items" So if you try to buy something amazon will give you automatically the 5 dollars. 

g/f had no trouble getting it...but i cant get it to work at all...even ran it off a clean install of Amazon AppStore and bought a random free game...nothing

EDIT: nvm, message popped up after 3rd free app purchase!

Last edited by a moderator:
I received it immediately but it doesn't add up to the account. It says you will get it when you try to purchase an app or game.
LOL dumbass me, just purchased a $5 app thinking the credit would show up there. Nice scam by Amazon, tricking people into buying apps under the guise that they had a $5 credit.

Didn't you verify the order summary on the confirmation screen? Seems that any promotional credit applicable to your order should've shown up then.

Didn't you verify the order summary on the confirmation screen? Seems that any promotional credit applicable to your order should've shown up then.
Unfortunately I have god forsaken one click setup, I hit the button waiting to see if the credit was applied and wallah it was paid for. Upon checking the email order summary afterwards there was no credit applied. I filed a complaint with Amazon and they removed the app from my account and refunded me my money, I would have preferred to have to have kept the app and get the $5 credited back to me but I am fine with them refunding my purchase.

bread's done
Back