$5 DS games & more Five Below stores

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!
I have heard others mention this chain of dollar stores before & finding games such as Magical Starsign for $5. It looks like a brand new one just opened up in the Target shopping center near me.

My wife mentioned she saw $5 knock off Gamecube controllers there. While browsing their website I noticed their ad which advertises starting 11/6 $5 DS games.

The ones specifically pictured are Dragon Ball Origins, International Track & Field, & Honeycomb Beat. Only one I'm interested in is DB for $5. Who knows what other games they have also. I'm not expecting to find much else, but they do advertise PS2 games as well.

http://fivebelow.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/presentation/media/ToyBook10/

What's even more notable is that it pictures first party Gamecube controllers for $5. Wish I had one of these close to me, though I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they only carried third party GC controller knockoffs.

I only see the same few games at my local Five Below stores. Elebits for the DS, Franklin for the GBA, and 2 PS2 games that I can't recall at the moment but nothing really worth mentioning. I think I saw a 360 game as well, like WWE Smackdown 2008 or something.

[quote name='kataztrophik']I only see the same few games at my local Five Below stores. Elebits for the DS, Franklin for the GBA, and 2 PS2 games that I can't recall at the moment but nothing really worth mentioning. I think I saw a 360 game as well, like WWE Smackdown 2008 or something.[/QUOTE]

Was Elebits $5? I played the demo on my DS about 2 years ago. I thought it was fun...@ least $5 worth anyways.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Was Elebits $5? I played the demo on my DS about 2 years ago. I thought it was fun...@ least $5 worth anyways.[/QUOTE]

Everything there is 5 dollars or less. Hence the name ;)

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Was Elebits $5? I played the demo on my DS about 2 years ago. I thought it was fun...@ least $5 worth anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was $5. This was like 2 months ago though but it was available in both Five Below stores I checked. They may still have them, since the stores I went to had a good amount of copies and they didn't seem to be moving.

My local Five Below has some...odd...goods. There's an entire shelf of Zoey 101 for the GBA. They had one copy of the wrestling game mentioned above...a few copies of Bully: Scholarship Edition for PC...Monster Madness for PC...those are the only games I can really remember. The rest I just didn't want to remember.

Once I was in need of a PS2 controller and bought one of their $5 ones and it has lasted fairly well so far. It gets regular use because I play with my friends in the dorm a lot. If you need a controller on the cheap, you might as well pick up the third party one.

bread's done
Back