5 DVDs OR Games at Blockbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be a catch for this. No way am I going to walk out with $100 worth of games for $25. Any clue where this came from in the first place? Last time I went to Blockbuster, they actually had some notices up about a different coupon that was apparently circulating in fake copies on the internet. The notice was that they'd only take the original, of course...

[quote name='catapult37']There has to be a catch for this. No way am I going to walk out with $100 worth of games for $25. Any clue where this came from in the first place? Last time I went to Blockbuster, they actually had some notices up about a different coupon that was apparently circulating in fake copies on the internet. The notice was that they'd only take the original, of course...[/quote]

several people have posted that they have had success, probably dead very soon, try if you want.

Yes it is fake. Its a copy of the one for Kansas that came in the Kansas paper so the Coupon is edited.

[quote name='dopehat']Yes it is fake. Its a copy of the one for Kansas that came in the Kansas paper so the Coupon is edited.[/quote]

positive? :cry:

EDIT: Link & Image removed as coupon is fake and any attempt at use is equal to defrauding Blockbuster inc.

[quote name='Joseph Condello']Who the hell plays video games in Kansas??[/QUOTE]

Well for one it was never about video games just dvds.

just worked for me in st. louis. I told the workers I had gotten the coupon e-mailed to me and asked if they could check to see if it was real. They said they couldn't check unless I went to check out, but that it probably wouldn't work. I then walked around the store for a while they called another store, and eventually the clerk told me that I should pick my games and that she would ring it up and if it didn't work it wouldn't be a big deal. So I picked 5 last-gen games(I wasn't going to push it on used Bioshock for $54.99) that came up to $95.00(CAG saves me another $69.95) and it worked. The worker was so suprised that she called the other store to say that it worked.

Thanks OP, you rule.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I'll be testing it out right after class tomorrow. Won't hurt to try![/quote]
Same for me, good luck to all!

[quote name='neokitty']does this coupon print out blurry for anyone else?[/quote]

Yes it's a sloppy job by whoever put it together but it DOES scan. :D

Hopped in my car and got to Blockbuster right before closing. Figured it to be the best time, less chance of manager fucking things up. Got the middle manager girl and the 17 year old kid. The guy called me out on it saying how it didn't make sense because of the 360 games. The girl took my card (she read it carefully after all) and scanned the coupon. She said the code was valid. If the code on it was old or duplicate it would have been rejected.

I snagged 5 games and she scanned them, then my card, and the coupon. The computer took the stuff off automatically...no adjustment needed. Tried to hit a second one, but they all close up at 11 here. I'm gonna press my luck tomorrow.

101_0008.jpg

This is a fake coupon but everyone's going to use it anyway? Kind of shitty if anyone asks me. I don't care if it works or not, it's counterfeit.

CONFIRMED!! yay me, this was tacoma wa

Put on some clothes and woke up my girl to go with me heh.
my score
bioshock
ninja gaiden ps3
earth defense force
madden 08 360
fear 360

Not too shabby, she called another manager and that manager said well try it out and it worked $189 taken off wow

Thanks guys!!

do u NEED a blockbuster card for this coupon to work?

I've bought games from there before w/o a card and hope I can use this coupon without a card either.

You may need the card depending on the type of employee you get. Mine were very cautious about accepting the coupon and I don't blame them. I've worked retail before and I would've been the same way. But the facts are that it works in the system. No manual adjustments, no tricks.

Both of the employees said it was an amazing deal and they wanted a coupon. ;)

[quote name='$hady']Yes it's a sloppy job by whoever put it together but it DOES scan. :D[/QUOTE]

i tried to work with the scan to make it more legible but it still looks like sh!t. i hope your right that it scans. at any rate, i'll try it out later today,hoping to get a bimbo/himbo that doesn't care and just jots in the code rather than trying to scan the thing. if it works and they have some decent games,then "OMG!" this could be one of the greatest deals in quite awhile.

[quote name='GameDude']I thought this place was about deals...not ripping places off.[/quote]

How is it ripping places off? Blockbuster obviously made the coupon, and it clearly says games or dvds.

[quote name='dopehat']Yes it is fake. Its a copy of the one for Kansas that came in the Kansas paper so the Coupon is edited.[/QUOTE]

Right here.

Yeah, even though this is absolutely stellar, I'm not using this one. I'm friends with the girl who's the manager at BB and I'm not putting her ass on the line with a fakey.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']You may need the card depending on the type of employee you get. Mine were very cautious about accepting the coupon and I don't blame them. I've worked retail before and I would've been the same way. But the facts are that it works in the system. No manual adjustments, no tricks.

Both of the employees said it was an amazing deal and they wanted a coupon. ;)[/quote]
Do you remember what you need to bring with you to open up an account at bb ? I'd like to know before going so I can bring everything in one trip.

Also,its free for a membership correct?

[quote name='GameDude']I thought this place was about deals...not ripping places off.[/quote]

The coupon scans and automatically applies the discount with no override or funny business required. This is a valid coupon, QUESTIONABLE but valid.... Someone screwed up or someone has an axe to grind.

And it's mind-blowing that people are knowingly cheating the industry that they say they love. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you have you're "It's *fill in whatever retailer here*, they deserve it" excuse, but that's lame and you know it. Pretty sure this is against the terms of use as well... Last time I checked this wasn't thiefassgamer.com.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, even though this is absolutely stellar, I'm not using this one. I'm friends with the girl who's the manager at BB and I'm not putting her ass on the line with a fakey.[/quote]

Then just go to a different BB....j/k

I'm still thinking of whether or not I should go or not. Part of me tells me it's fake and I shouldn't try to use it and the other part tells me that if it scans, it's legit and I should take advantage of a good deal.....hmmm

[quote name='Karyyk']And it's mind-blowing that people are knowingly cheating the industry that they say they love. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you have you're "It's *fill in whatever retailer here*, they deserve it" excuse, but that's lame and you know it. Pretty sure this is against the terms of use as well... Last time I checked this wasn't thiefassgamer.com.[/quote]

Number 1: Buying used already cheats the industry.
Number 2: BLOCKBUSTER made this coupon. CAG didn't. FW didn't. SD didn't. The company in question issued this coupon, and is allowing it to work across the country.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']what do u need to bring in open up a bb account? And is it free?[/quote]

id, credit/debit card, piece of mail from your mother handwritten with your address. yes

U dont HAVE to be a member to use this it's YMMV

[quote name='reibeatall']Number 1: Buying used already cheats the industry.
Number 2: BLOCKBUSTER made this coupon. CAG didn't. FW didn't. SD didn't. The company in question issued this coupon, and is allowing it to work across the country.[/QUOTE]

Just because it will scan for a DVD promotion and someone altered the coupon from its intended purpose, doesn't make it right to exploit it.

[quote name='GameDude']Just because it will scan for a DVD promotion and someone altered the coupon from its intended purpose, doesn't make it right to exploit it.[/quote]

Haven't you read the posts talking about the coupon working for games by simply scanning, without any manual override by the cashier? Even if the coupon was totally fake, the fact that it scans in the system and the computer takes over and overrides the prices AUTOMATICALLY should make the deal legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back