5 DVDs OR Games at Blockbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='$hady']id, credit/debit card, piece of mail from your mother handwritten with your address. yes

U dont HAVE to be a member to use this it's YMMV[/quote]

ummm....I'm 23..cant I just bring in my credit card and the bill thats sent to my home address?

some ppl are saying you need the card for this coupon to work,so I just want to bring in the stuff required in case i do need to open an account for it to work.

[quote name='reibeatall']Haven't you read the posts talking about the coupon working for games by simply scanning, without any manual override by the cashier? Even if the coupon was totally fake, the fact that it scans in the system and the computer takes over and overrides the prices AUTOMATICALLY should make the deal legit.[/QUOTE]

If you feel what you are doing is morally right, then you do not need to argue with me.

[quote name='reibeatall']Haven't you read the posts talking about the coupon working for games by simply scanning, without any manual override by the cashier? Even if the coupon was totally fake, the fact that it scans in the system and the computer takes over and overrides the prices AUTOMATICALLY should make the deal legit.[/QUOTE]

The coupon is fake. You're using the coupon to get the deal. So it must be legit?

This isn't just a scan. Supposedly someone actually erased the fine print and changed it. That's not legit.

Sorry but noob here. I'm not sure how to print the coupon at 100%.

I'm not sure if I did it right. It's coming out really small and I can't even read the fine print, how would I print it at the right size?

I am confused. So blockbuster made a coupon code active in their computer that reduces the price of any 5 used games $25.00, but it is a fake coupon?

Please explain how the coupon can be fake? I don't think we are understanding what you are trying to say??

Gah it got into its own thread!

Deal of the year! Picked up 20 games for $100.00 at 4 different stores. They all thought it was a killer deal but it was a far cry from giving me the evil eye. I wonder what is going on with this coupon.

2 of my stores required a membership card on this deal but the other 2 didn't care. The fine print says one per an account but it does not seem to actually go on your account

Hmmm, I will admit Gamerdude that I didn't think about it that way. But if I may, I'd like to take you along my train of thought. Even if only because I listened to yours.

I saw the coupon and ran out right away. I could have easily been turned away and like I said, would have been cautious of it myself. BUT if it was a regional only deal, intended for that area why is it in a nationwide computer system? It seems like a mistake. I saw posts about mismarked games in places like FYE and people taking full advantage. Wasn't that a mistake? I remember the big CC mess-up of the Buy 2 $20 games for $30 that actually rang up for $10 a few years ago.

I could play devils advocate and ask: Why is it that hoarders can grab all the clearance games at sell them on ebay without a blink or an eye? Why were there reports in the TRU B2G1F of people trying to scam the system by returning the paid items and keeping the free one? Heck, I could even point out that this is by far a poor investment as games have no real value since in 5 years many of these games could be bought for $5. Heck, blockbuster probably rented more than their value from them. I don't find them "evil, they had it coming" type, but I'm also just another regular guy trying to save a few bucks.

[quote name='jngx80']The coupon is fake. You're using the coupon to get the deal. So it must be legit?

This isn't just a scan. Supposedly someone actually erased the fine print and changed it. That's not legit.[/quote]

What I'm saying is that it scans into Blockbuster's register system and works. If the fine print said "Cashier, do NOT scan this barcode if the games are more than $19.99. Doing so will make them $5." then I could see how it could be bad.

[quote name='reibeatall']Haven't you read the posts talking about the coupon working for games by simply scanning, without any manual override by the cashier? Even if the coupon was totally fake, the fact that it scans in the system and the computer takes over and overrides the prices AUTOMATICALLY should make the deal legit.[/quote]
Exactly.

The coupon, regardless of whether it was altered, is working automatically without any sort of override. Unless someone hacked into the entire Blockbuster system (highly unlikely), the coupon is totally legit and working as it should. It may not be working as intended, but it's working in the way that it's programmed to.

Regardless of whether or not you think it's right to use it (and it is absolutely right to use it), if you think using the coupon is fraud in some sense, you're a fucking idiot.

[quote name='Gara']Gah it got into its own thread!

Deal of the year! Picked up 20 games for $100.00 at 4 different stores. They all thought it was a killer deal but it was a far cry from giving me the evil eye. I wonder what is going on with this coupon.

2 of my stores required a membership card on this deal but the other 2 didn't care. The fine print says one per an account but it does not seem to actually go on your account[/quote]

Wow, Gara I'm jealous of you. If only I had been online a couple hours earlier. Hopefully this works for me tomorrow at opening.

Gara, I am not jealous of you. I hope that $100 maxed out your credit card and now you cannot afford food because you hoarded all the good games and as a result you die of starvation.

Okay then if all of you seem so confident that the deal's legit then let's see all you guys use a coupon that mentions it's only for use in certain Kansas cities (supposedly that's the original coupon).

If it was automatically giving discounts when you scanned in five games I wouldn't have a problem - heck I'll run out and get some games too. But this "deal" requires that coupon.

[quote name='hufferstl']Gara, I am not jealous of you. I hope that $100 maxed out your credit card and now you cannot afford food because you hoarded all the good games and as a result you die of starvation.[/quote]

I don't plan on hoarding games. I plan on getting older 360 games that I missed out on. I don't plan on buying 4 copies of Bioshock.

[quote name='hufferstl']Gara, I am not jealous of you. I hope that $100 maxed out your credit card and now you cannot afford food because you hoarded all the good games and as a result you die of starvation.[/quote]

Jesus Christ, I don't know if this is supposed to be funny or not, but you need to chill the hell out.

[quote name='jngx80']Okay then if all of you seem so confident that the deal's legit then let's see all you guys use a coupon that mentions it's only for use in certain Kansas cities (supposedly that's the original coupon).[/quote]

I absolutely plan on it. If I get turned down, that's fine with me.

haha i will be first at my BB door tomorrow morning..if i get turned down ..i will head to the next one haha
don`t forget that you can trade them back in lol

[quote name='GameDude']Just because it will scan for a DVD promotion and someone altered the coupon from its intended purpose, doesn't make it right to exploit it.[/quote]

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck, right? But, if the coupon not only scans AND takes off the amounts over $25 with ANY combination of games and DVDs, then to me, it MUST be legit.

Either way, I predict that since the OP put this right out there where all of the FW/SD posters who lurk on here can see it, this will be dead across the country in less than 48 hours.

I hope blockbuster's system is smart enough to make state-specific coupon codes work only in those states.

[quote name='jngx80']Okay then if all of you seem so confident that the deal's legit then let's see all you guys use a coupon that mentions it's only for use in certain Kansas cities (supposedly that's the original coupon).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reibeatall']
I absolutely plan on it. If I get turned down, that's fine with me.[/QUOTE]

I don't think any kind of logic would work, since saving $$ is on everyone's mind. But last attempt - let's say you guys could do really good counterfeit money and can get away with using it. Would you use it?

I hope blockbuster's system is smart enough to make state-specific coupon codes work only in those states.

Now you're avoiding the issue of using a fake coupon and putting all the blame on their computers. (I agree that it's their own fault that it's working, I even understand why people are using the coupon).

I love how every single person who's tried to say that this coupon is a fake and that it isn't legit uses phrases like "let's see all you guys use a coupon that mentions it's only for use in certain Kansas cities (supposedly that's the original coupon)" and "This isn't just a scan. Supposedly someone actually erased the fine print and changed it. That's not legit."

You don't even freaking know if it is fake. You just think it is because it sounds to good to be true. Fine, if you think it is a fake and that it should only be used in Kansas, how about you PROVE it is fake. We have our proof it's not.

[quote name='jngx80']I don't think any kind of logic would work, since saving $$ is on everyone's mind. But last attempt - let's say you guys could do really good counterfeit money and can get away with using it. Would you use it?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you read my last post either, but at least I'll concede that I didn't think about all the things you brought up.

But here's the thing. Your hypothetical is completely irrelavant. And here is why.

1. I did not create this deal. I did not create a SKU or coupon and trick and or coerce an employee into something they weren't comfortable with. Heck, I brought it to them FIRST.

2. The thread you reference mentions the ad was originally printed in a Kansas newspaper. We've yet to see the coupon itself and if it specifies a region.

3. Any local deal can be done on site. When I ran a store with a crappy CPU system and our DM got a special OK to do a deal? We'd offer it in store and use a generic sale SKU with his blessing. This coupon (which has it's own UNIQUE code) works nationwide and completes the transaction/sale itself with no manipulation needed.

I do feel a bit ambiguous now that you've brought up some points but I'm not a counterfitter or a thief. And I resent the accusation.

I don't know that it is a state-specific "fake" coupon, and neither do you.

[quote name='jngx80']...(supposedly that's the original coupon).
[/QUOTE]

And if you read my post, I asked the employee if it was a real coupon(assuming it was spam or just a fake one, and THEY told me to use it).

[quote name='jngx80']

Now you're avoiding the issue of using a fake coupon and putting all the blame on their computers. (I agree that it's their own fault that it's working, I even understand why people are using the coupon).[/QUOTE]

If this works tomorrow, I won't feel bad at all. Those assholes screwed over every single one of their Total Access customers. Payback!

It's not closed somewhere in America and if it were here that it wasn't closed, I'd be having one of my friends or another print me off a couple of these bad boys and go on a game run.

[quote name='JJSP']If this works tomorrow, I won't feel bad at all. Those assholes screwed over every single one of their Total Access customers. Payback![/QUOTE]

Lmao so true :applause:

I work at blockbuster as a manager by looking at the coupon I can tell it will work. The numbers that are listed are number sequences that our employees use to scan for promotional offers. For example, 2 cokes 2 popcorns, 2 candies. The numbers on that coupon are not used for print out coupons. So that coupon would work until it expires. But I bet this coupon wont last too long. When corporate finds out they will send us an email not to accept the coupons. I for one would love to use that coupon, but the risks are too high I might get fired. And if any Cags went to my store I probably wouldnt honor that coupon.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Oh boy.... IN FOR 1,000 BITCHES.

And I'm gonna eBay them all......

Thanks OP![/quote]
No....this is how you kill a deal... :drool:

hmmm... I ran out as soon as I saw this an hour and a half ago. Went to the two biggest stores in the valley and neither one carries used PS3 or Wii games. I think there were a few sports 360 games. Other than that, there were only really bad, reallyold last gen games. As with almost any B&M deal / "deal", I hate Utah...

[quote name='MorPhiend']hmmm... I ran out as soon as I saw this an hour and a half ago. Went to the two biggest stores in the valley and neither one carries used PS3 or Wii games. I think there were a few sports 360 games. Other than that, there were only really bad, reallyold last gen games. As with almost any B&M deal / "deal", I hate Utah...[/quote]

:lol: I just got back from the exact same trip. I hate Utah too.

[quote name='dopehat']They were talking about it on dvdtalk.com and I have the coupon myself where it states that it can only be used in certain kansas cities. I also talked about it a week ago at http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154435[/QUOTE]

YEP GUYS SUPPOSEDLY THIS IS JUST FOR KANSAS THERES NO PROOF IN THIS HERE THREAD... oh shit there is!

everyone who is using this coupon is a thief, it was edited. Apparently everyone would use a coupon that works with no override, even if it had a bunch of terms taken out. A coupon that says "can only be used with the sign up to blockbuster gamer pass", and then has the edited out, but still WORKS without the signup, is still a legit deal?

You guys are all immoral retards if you honestly believe this is a legit deal.

Its pretty clear this coupon is altered, and last i checked CAG doesnt use altered coupons, so im not sure why this thread is still up.

Well, whatever happens, I've already c/p a copy of the coupon to myself and plan on printing up at LEAST one to try and use. And, if I get shot down, oh well, at least I tried.

If it is legit, great. If not, again, at least I tried. And, by tried, I mean for 5 copies of Bioshock hopefully, which trade into FYE for $26.50 and change and MORE with 20-25% more for taking credit.

[quote name='djkunai']Let's play Jeopardy! The category is "Kunai", and the answer is "Murder".

What is the question?[/QUOTE]

Nobody wants to play? The question is "What did Kunai get away with?"

IMG_7400.jpg

[quote name='djkunai']Nobody wants to play? The question is "What did Kunai get away with?"

IMG_7400.jpg
[/quote]

Can I just say....WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Think ya got enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back