5 free games w/ 6mo. live membership! YMMV

ken9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
EDIT: YMMV seems like this is only for silver members :(

Its on the home tab of the dashboard. Just wait for it to scroll through the offers in the middle of the page and you should eventually see it.

(sorry if I'm not very good at describing it.. I'm usually a :ps3: guy and recently moved over to the :360: xD)

"5 games free when you purchase a 6 month xbox live gold membership"

the games listed are:
Halo Reach
Fable III
Kinect Sports
Toy Soldiers
Gunstringer

"Games will be sent as codes to your email for download"

some important points from the fine print:
"Offer valid only though this in-dash signup with credit card. While supplies last."
"not valid on prior Xbox Live membership purchases"
membership auto-renews
Full payment for the 6 month subscription is required to receive the free games. Redemption codes will be sent to the email tied to your Xbox live account within 4-6 weeks and must be used by June 30, 2012. Limit 1 per acc."

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the 48hr card trick... Wonder if that would work here. Anyone have a spare 48hr gold card lying around?

[quote name='johnsdoe00']I remember the 48hr card trick... Wonder if that would work here. Anyone have a spare 48hr gold card lying around?[/QUOTE]
?

gunstringer/fruit ninja dlc was included in the 360 bundles before.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']Xbox Live is NOTHING like Sony Plus.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna activate one of my dummy accounts to get this deal... Does the digital download of Gunstringer also come with Fruit Ninja or is that only the disc version?[/QUOTE]

Hmm... This seems like a tempting deal, but for 40 bucks, it's a little too much for just 6 months since I already have 2 out of those 5 games.

[quote name='DaShaka']Another reason I buy 99% of my games for my ps3 and not my 360. Playstation Plus is cheaper than XBL and We get too many free games a year to count on Ps+. Microsoft has just never been a good company, ever. I'll still always buy Xbox's for the great exclusives though, can never get enough Halo, Fable or Gears.[/QUOTE]

For me it is the other way around. I only buy PS3 Exclusives or those games with the extra content. XBOX Live is way better than PS+. I bought two years of PS+ (through the Target deal) and I don't see the benefits of it. A ton of PS1 games for free... awesome (sarcasm). Besides those crappo games and some wallpapers, I don't see the point of it. Yes, there are some deals here and there but nothing worth paying the annual fee of $50.

On the other hand, XBOX Live gives me ESPN 3 where I can watch tons of European soccer, college football during the fall. I also got Zune Pass where I can listen to millions of songs.

[quote name='oasisboy']For me it is the other way around. I only buy PS3 Exclusives or those games with the extra content. XBOX Live is way better than PS+. I bought two years of PS+ (through the Target deal) and I don't see the benefits of it. A ton of PS1 games for free... awesome (sarcasm). Besides those crappo games and some wallpapers, I don't see the point of it. Yes, there are some deals here and there but nothing worth paying the annual fee of $50.

On the other hand, XBOX Live gives me ESPN 3 where I can watch tons of European soccer, college football during the fall. I also got Zune Pass where I can listen to millions of songs.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

Hell, I haven't been a gold member in years, and I would get on this if I could. Just the 2 bucks for two months for me. You'd think that I'd be right in the target audience for this kind of thing.

[quote name='DaShaka'] Microsoft has just never been a good company, ever. I'll still always buy Xbox's for the great exclusives though, can never get enough Halo, Fable or Gears.[/QUOTE]

Well that's just a silly couple of sentences to string together :p

For those with paltry hard drives like myself, here are the sizes of the games:
Halo Reach - 6.57 GB
Fable III - 5.61 GB
Toy Soldiers - 687.40 MB
The Gunstringer - 3.80 GB
Kinect Sports - 3.27 GB

Hmm not too bad. I guess I am the oddball. I signed up for the gold 2 month deal two months for two bucks. So it will end next month. I do not use gold that often since I download games really that is it. Tempting though. I alread have Toy soldiers awesome game by the way, historically rich type WW I tower defense. I got Halo Reach from a friend. May still buy this if it is available then. I am not sure thanks for posting this.

This really doesn't seem like such a great deal when you consider that for only $10 more you can double your sub. to a full year and still get the 5 game codes.

Buy.com has that "deal".

Can u use a 6 month code and why is it only 6 months and not 12 Months

this promotion is back to my dashboard (home hub) but I only see the video advertisement, does anyone know here where do I sign for xbox membership now?

[quote name='collecionador']this promotion is back to my dashboard (home hub) but I only see the video advertisement, does anyone know here where do I sign for xbox membership now?[/QUOTE]

Lol, this just popped up on mine too.
I'm wondering the same thing.

Edit: Oh I see, select the buy it now box on the bottom left while the ad runs.

So, do this games work easily on ALL accounts or do you have to jump through hoops if you sign up on your Wife's account or something ...

Also saw this deal today but there's text on the image of Crazy Larry stating it's one day only. Kinda interested in this but not sure I want to sign up tonight.

[quote name='Sway']Also saw this deal today but there's text on the image of Crazy Larry stating it's one day only. Kinda interested in this but not sure I want to sign up tonight.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, mine has said that for the past week or so, and its still there. Might just be my luck...dunno. Worth checking out when you do decide that you want to do it, as it may still be there.

My Gold just expired a week ago. Hopefully I get the offer. I already have Halo and Fabel so I would just sell the codes. How much do you think I would get for both of them?

Fable 3 and halo seem to be a hard sell because their packed with everything, and the fact most people would rather have a hard copy drops it a bit and that this sell is being offered to everyone. If youre looking to sell quick anything above $$5 each would be good.

Or you can just give me the fable 3 for free...

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']Anyone willing to part with their Halo and Fable III codes? I don't have either.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking to sell Halo since I already have the full game. PM me.

FYI - I let my Gold expire about a two weeks ago. I received a $1 for a month offer which I didn't buy. The second week I got a $2 for 2 months offer. A few days later, today, I got the same 5 games for 6 month offer. Haven't really decided if it's a good deal for me since I would rather have disc copies of Reach and Fable III, but If anyone's Gold is expiring, you might get the offer if you ignore the $1/month offer.

[quote name='ken9']EDIT: YMMV seems like this is only for silver members :(

Its on the home tab of the dashboard. Just wait for it to scroll through the offers in the middle of the page and you should eventually see it.

(sorry if I'm not very good at describing it.. I'm usually a :ps3: guy and recently moved over to the :360: xD)

"5 games free when you purchase a 6 month xbox live gold membership"

the games listed are:
Halo Reach
Fable III
Kinect Sports
Toy Soldiers
Gunstringer

"Games will be sent as codes to your email for download"

some important points from the fine print:
"Offer valid only though this in-dash signup with credit card. While supplies last."
"not valid on prior Xbox Live membership purchases"
membership auto-renews
Full payment for the 6 month subscription is required to receive the free games. Redemption codes will be sent to the email tied to your Xbox live account within 4-6 weeks and must be used by June 30, 2012. Limit 1 per acc."[/QUOTE]

Sounds like those who are planning on selling the codes wont be able to.

bread's done
Back