$5 Kmart Giftcard for doing reviews

I've got one in so far. This may take me a while, because I enjoy writing. I wonder how many people are going to submit the bare minimum words and a crappy review just to score the card. I didn't think I would end up writing 5000+ words though on my game. I just really like it, hehehehehe.

If anyone is on the fence about Lips Party Classics, Lips Number One Hits, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader, Sonic and Sega All Star Racing, or DJ Hero...the reviews will update within 3 days. I still need one more to be entered in the running for the $500 card, but I don't know what game to do it on and I am not really in the mood to type up another couple thousand words right now.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']If anyone is on the fence about Lips Party Classics, Lips Number One Hits, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader, Sonic and Sega All Star Racing, or DJ Hero...the reviews will update within 3 days. I still need one more to be entered in the running for the $500 card, but I don't know what game to do it on and I am not really in the mood to type up another couple thousand words right now.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I did Lips: Number One Hits too! Just review a controller or hardware.

[quote name='NickNorman']Hey, I did Lips: Number One Hits too! Just review a controller or hardware.[/QUOTE]
Really? :lol:
I did Burnout Paradise real quick.
Hope I win that $500 gift card, but good luck to everyone else too. Hope not too many people enter, because I've never seen too many reviews on the site. Though my mind is already racing and I'm debating opening new accounts and reviewing more things to get more $5 cards, but the effort probably isn't worth it.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Nice to see you Kenpachi *tips hat*[/QUOTE]

Wassup Urahara :) gotta love Bleach that does remind me I need to catch up on the Manga

[quote name='Gears24']Thanks just did 5 reviews and also how did you get that $10 GC like you said thanks![/QUOTE]

On Mycokerewards you can get a Kmart Giftcard for 280 points which is basically 94 coke caps. Sounds like a lot but if you have been doing MCR for a while you should probably have that many caps laying around or already in your account for the giftcard

Well, know it's only been a day so far, less than 24 hours since I started reviewing, but I already got the emails thanking me for the reviews (separate from the email saying I submitted a review) and they show up under 'Reviews' in my profile. They aren't showing up on the items though yet. I assumed that meant they had been approved but I guess not.

Hope it get the card by Friday though, so I can use it on my LE Reach on layaway. Wish I coulda had it for the copy I bought today though...

Has anyone else gotten their card yet? It says in the email it's an e-gift card that can be used online or in-store, but how do you use it in-store? Just print it off?

Decided to try with a 2nd email, don't want to spam this and I'm trying to write honest, legit reviews as well, so that'll probably be all I do. I'll post if I have any luck.

I wish they had Halo Wars for less than $40... doesn't even look like its the platinum hits version either.

I started to do this, realized I was writing a 1000 word review for Mass Effect 2, and thought better of doing it 4 more times and closed it out. I may come back to this when I'm feeling less ambitious. Thanks OP for the heads up though.

For those that have received their GC, is it printable so it can be used instore as well? I really want to pick up Civ 5 next week.

[quote name='reininop']I started to do this, realized I was writing a 1000 word review for Mass Effect 2, and thought better of doing it 4 more times and closed it out. I may come back to this when I'm feeling less ambitious. Thanks OP for the heads up though.

For those that have received their GC, is it printable so it can be used instore as well? I really want to pick up Civ 5 next week.[/QUOTE]

It says it can be used in store. My guess is that they will have to enter in the number in the email... like how they would have to do it if the UPC or magnetic strip on a card was damaged...

[quote name='reininop']I started to do this, realized I was writing a 1000 word review for Mass Effect 2, and thought better of doing it 4 more times and closed it out. I may come back to this when I'm feeling less ambitious. Thanks OP for the heads up though.

For those that have received their GC, is it printable so it can be used instore as well? I really want to pick up Civ 5 next week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks people forget people have a life i was thinking of doing this but $5 bucks isn't worth that amount of time working or not.

That's basically a 1000 word review = 1 dollar :bomb:

And I'm not even working with nothing but free time and still refuse to invest that much time same goes for a lot of those survey sites.

No one ever said you HAVE to do a 1000 word review. From the website:
Each review must contain a minimum of 250 characters (approximately 45 words).
My reviews were a couple thousand words each, but I've already seen crappy, horribly-punctuated, all lower case and web-speak reviews. If you just want a GC, you don't HAVE to put too much work into it.
I chose to though.

[quote name='needler420']Thanks people forget people have a life i was thinking of doing this but $5 bucks isn't worth that amount of time working or not.

That's basically a 1000 word review = 1 dollar :bomb:

And I'm not even working with nothing but free time and still refuse to invest that much time same goes for a lot of those survey sites.[/QUOTE]

I was drunk as could be when I was typing that review up, god knows what it would have said had I submitted it. Might try some smaller ones today :D

Funny thing is I just finished my 6 reviews today took like twenty minutes. I will just save the giftcard for something on clearance or a lego stars set.

[quote name='hendrickfan24']printed the email and bought a fallout coaster...so basically i turned it into a physical $15 gaming coupon :)[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't be a bad idea, except I already have 4 or 5 of those damn Fallout coupons :lol:. I'm worried that there won't be enough games for me to use them on when the dates come up though hehehehe.

I'm combining mine with a Reach coupon and getting Guitar Hero, since I was unsure about picking it up for full price. $30 isn't bad though, and it'll give me a new $20 coupon.

Finished my review tonight. Hopefully I'll be getting the giftcard soon, although I really don't have much to spend it on.

just got my second gift card about half hour ago....weird thing is i did my 5th review just last night.....so thats less than a day ago!! you guys must be doing something wrong.........

[quote name='hendrickfan24']just got my second gift card about half hour ago....weird thing is i did my 5th review just last night.....so thats less than a day ago!! you guys must be doing something wrong.........[/QUOTE]

Did you have to use a second email?

[quote name='TYLERxDURDEN']Did you have to use a second email?[/QUOTE]

yea, im gonna try a third one, im doing like 1 review a day :cool:

If any of you guys want to seriously write reviews and be a contributing editor for a website pm me. We provide you with most of the games you'll review from PR companies and you'll be doing daily post as well. The site is thekoalition.com. See my sig for info on us.

[quote name='freeorelse']Still no gift card aarrrrgghhhh.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are checking your spam folder.

Shhhhh I ended up trying this on another email just cause, and got it earlier today.

bread's done
Back