5 months of gamin

Skitzle

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, Ive been out of the states for the last 5 months (since late december mayb e thats like 5 and a 1/2 months

what good/great games came out?

how were?
mercenaries
sly 2
ratchet 3
jak 3
prince of persia 2
gt4 mvp baseball 2005(compared to 2004)
mgs3

any other good games?

Ratchet and Clank 3 was very weak, I would recommend not getting it if you liked the previous installments because gameplay is drastically changed.

It is harder, gameplay slower, and is more of an action shooter now.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Ratchet and Clank 3 was very weak, I would recommend not getting it if you liked the previous installments because gameplay is drastically changed.

It is harder, gameplay slower, and is more of an action shooter now.[/QUOTE]

I disagree wit the weakness part of that statement. I think R&C2 was a bit more fun for me personally, but the part 3 was still a great game. The weapons were cool, and making it a bit harder (still not too tough) was fine. It did seem a bit too linear though, even compared to the other 2.

What annoyed me so much is that you had to do a lot in first person mode, sidestepping out from behind walls and shooting things when they stopped shooting at you.

You can't always run and gun because half the time it won't auto-aim on flying/hovering enemies.

If I wanted that kind of game I would buy a generic console shooter, not an "action platformer".

Yeah, it was a bit too much like an FPS in parts for me (and they're going even further that way with the next game, apparently), with less adventure/explore type stuff. However, I think they realized that one of the best/most unique things about R&C is the crazy weapons, and they made upgrading them and such much better than part 1 and 2. Also, they didn't make the weapons from the last game totally worthless like they did with part 2.

[quote name='Quackzilla']What annoyed me so much is that you had to do a lot in first person mode, sidestepping out from behind walls and shooting things when they stopped shooting at you.

You can't always run and gun because half the time it won't auto-aim on flying/hovering enemies.

If I wanted that kind of game I would buy a generic console shooter, not an "action platformer".[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't think I used First Person Mode except to snipe the entire game and I did just fine. I also don't think that R&C3 was any harder than R&C2 was.

bread's done
Back