$5 off $15 + Daily and Weekly Deals at Direct2Drive

RebelCapitalist

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive has several strong promotions going on right now. The coupon code appears to work alongside the other sales.

d2d.gif
Save $5 on a $15+ order with coupon code PAX
d2d.gif
D2D Turns 6 - Weekly $6 Game Deals: New titles every Wednesday
d2d.gif
End of Summer Sale - 2 games on sale daily for 30 days

Week 1 Deals (all items are $6):
1. SW: Knights of the old Republic
2. Jedi Knight Bundle $6
3. Achtung Panzer
4. Titan Quest Bundle
5. Defense Grid: The Awakening
6. Tropico 3
7. Tropico Reloaded
8. Football Manager 2010
9. Penumbra Collection

Think I'm going to try out Tropico 3. $6 seems like a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Sweet! Just got Battlefront 2 for 4.99! Great deal![/QUOTE]
is that with expansions, or just the base game?

damn I regret getting the sims and not getting bloodbowl now

does anyone like gamespys comrade?

it's alright and the speed is nice but the program feels slow and clunky to me

I got to say I am a bit disappointed by this weeks $6 deals and the last few days of daily specials.

For those of you interested in Kings Bounty/Armored Princess it may be worth it if you don't have the original to look at Impulse which is selling the bundle for $19.99

[quote name='caldazar']is that with expansions, or just the base game?[/QUOTE]

just the base game by the looks of things. I've seen Battlefront go for $2 before though so this isn't much of a deal imo.

Terrible system. I never ever ever use it. Xfire, Steam, and Impulse are the only systems I use to log my games (and occasionally Stardock when required).

Ever since Gogamer started selling Bloodbowl for >$10 shipped I've decided the only way i'll buy it is if it's less than $10 during a steam sale.

[quote name='mcdaking84']damn I regret getting the sims and not getting bloodbowl now

it's alright and the speed is nice but the program feels slow and clunky to me[/QUOTE]

Tried it and deleted it after none of my games would download. I kept getting "Download paused while in game" or something to that effect. Downloading with the IGN download manager is just fine with me.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Tried it and deleted it after none of my games would download. I kept getting "Download paused while in game" or something to that effect. Downloading with the IGN download manager is just fine with me.[/QUOTE]For some reason, if you have Steam open at the same time Komrade is trying to do anything, it sees you as in a game. It won't download anything and (for me) it says, "You appear to be playing Defense Grid. Are you sure you want to continue?", when you try to start a game.

Otherwise, I find Komrade to be kinda neat because it finds to folders with old installs in them on hard drives I've carried into the current rig from old PCs and can launch the games if fixed exes were put in.

This sale is making me more depressed as it continues on. I was hoping to grab something exciting to play this weekend, but what in the world is this mess? Not even sure I am going to bother keeping up with it the rest of the month if they are going to continue to pawn trash off.

[quote name='kosmos13x']So they are wanting to charge money for a f2p game (lotro)? Holy chitomyster batman D2D just reached a new low! :D[/QUOTE]

its a VIP subscription which in there defense isnt free and apparently does add a lot to the game.

[quote name='pROvIs']its a VIP subscription which in there defense isnt free and apparently does add a lot to the game.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read there were still some areas that were in the original game that still aren't in the F2P version too. I know that the game is still selling else where so it isn't trying to rip people off. Still the deals for today are horrible =/

[quote name='Saablic']I thought I read there were still some areas that were in the original game that still aren't in the F2P version too. I know that the game is still selling else where so it isn't trying to rip people off. Still the deals for today are horrible =/[/QUOTE]

I've never played it but I think I remember something like that as well.

[quote name='deathmothon']Girls of summer? Wow...[/QUOTE]

Remember kids, you must be 18 years or older to purchase! Once payment has been received, you can get your pixel loving game on! Monitor wipes not included.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Today's daily deals are Lord of the Rings Online for $4.95 and, well, this:
crapsy.jpg

fucking seriously?[/QUOTE]

What is even better is:

1) IGN hasn't given it a score ;)
2) The banner for the deals they had at the top of the page is mysteriously missing. Maybe someone was embarrassed by today's deal ;)

[quote name='pROvIs']
2) The banner for the deals they had at the top of the page is mysteriously missing. Maybe someone was embarrassed by today's deal ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, I noticed the same thing and I was confused why they would remove it. Then I saw the deals...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Today's daily deals are Lord of the Rings Online for $4.95 and, well, this:
crapsy.jpg

fucking seriously?[/QUOTE]
tempting....but no. "mommy? what's this game?"

UK is getting slightly different sales

instead of LOTRO, it's bioshock1
instead of fallenearth, it's masseffect1

d2d = ign = FOX
girls of X they've always tried to push, seen in a couple other sales

Today's Daily Deals

Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition $26.95
Dragon Age: Origins Awakenings $19.95

Get $5 off of each with PAX code. You just have to do seperate checkout. Or find something for $4.00 or more to get to $50 and get $10 off with code: SANDIEGO

Today:

King's Bounty Gold (KB:The Legend and Armored Princess): $11.25
GTA Collection (GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas): $14.99

On the fence on King's Bounty. Decent deal but may make sense to wait for another sale with the new expansion.

How much was the GTA Pack during the last Steam sale? (Holiday Sale or Rockstar Week.) I cannot recall. Either way, $15 is definitely too much.

"Too much" seems to be the theme of D2D's sale, if I may be so callous.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']How much was the GTA Pack during the last Steam sale? (Holiday Sale or Rockstar Week.) I cannot recall. Either way, $15 is definitely too much.

"Too much" seems to be the theme of D2D's sale, if I may be so callous.[/QUOTE]
Agreed with a few exceptions.

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']Agreed with a few exceptions.[/QUOTE]
The first few days/deals seemed good and today is an improvment from the last few with KB but it seems like they get worse and worse.

I think I am going to pass on KB as well and wait for a steam sale. The whole bundle with crossworlds is only 30 over there its bound to go on sale eventually.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']How much was the GTA Pack during the last Steam sale? (Holiday Sale or Rockstar Week.) I cannot recall. Either way, $15 is definitely too much.

"Too much" seems to be the theme of D2D's sale, if I may be so callous.[/QUOTE]
Why, I believe I have the answer to your question. The GTA collection on Steam, which included GTA's 1 and 2 in addition to last-gen's trilogy, was $7.50 during Rockstar Week.

Therefore, D2D's pack is double the price and excludes two games. Ouch.

[quote name='drakesvg']Looks like the new DD are "The Settlers for $33.50 & Timeshift for $9.95" anyone know if timeshift is worth the 10 bucks?[/QUOTE]

not really, its 3 1/2 to 4 years old and it was mediocre even then. It's fun but gets old. but its more of a 2-3 dollar game at this point $5 max. Settlers also seems very expensive.

I think I'll just skip D2D and wait for Steam to match the prices, or beat them myself...since I picked up KoToR last week along with TFU: Ultimate Sith off of D2D and could have had them for less this week. Ah well, lesson learned.

I dunno what your talking about caldazar I picked up Kotor and Force Unleashed for about 5 bucks each during the D2D sale, so I lost out on Kotor but I picked it back up on Force Unleashed, because wasn't that 7.50 on steam the other day? I really don't understand all this hating on other online retailers besides steam. I'll grant you steam usually has the better deal, but just because Target has lovely clerance deals doesn't mean I won't go to TRU or Kmart for their occasional good deal.

[quote name='JokerWild']I dunno what your talking about caldazar I picked up Kotor and Force Unleashed for about 5 bucks each during the D2D sale, so I lost out on Kotor but I picked it back up on Force Unleashed, because wasn't that 7.50 on steam the other day? I really don't understand all this hating on other online retailers besides steam. I'll grant you steam usually has the better deal, but just because Target has lovely clerance deals doesn't mean I won't go to TRU or Kmart for their occasional good deal.[/QUOTE]

Partially I like to keep my games in Steam when I can - I find it's easy to manage them, and I rarely have any difficulty with the application.

From what I recall, KoToR was $6 and TFU was a daily deal for slightly more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the purchases I made. There's no hate. More than anything...I think I'm just using it as an excuse to convince myself not to buy anymore games this week :whee:

*edit* thinking about it, I think that same day I purchased Elven Legacy, and used the PAX coupon code...so I only paid $5 each as well...DAMN there goes my excuse!

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Come on Steam, daddy needs some Painkiller and Fear 1 sales. Join in the spirit of competition, make the official Steam, "D2D turned 6 And We Want to Make Sure They Don't Make It To 7" Sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='caldazar']I think I'll just skip D2D and wait for Steam to match the prices, or beat them myself...since I picked up KoToR last week along with TFU: Ultimate Sith off of D2D and could have had them for less this week. Ah well, lesson learned.[/QUOTE]

**coughtriedtowarnyoucough**

New Daily Deals:
Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition $26.75
Metro 2033 $24.95

Not low enough, imo.

New weekly deals:
DiRT 2 for $6.00

More lack luster deals today for both the daily deals and weekly.

Daily:
Metro 2033 for $24.95 (Activates on Steam)
Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe for $26.75

Weekly $6 Games:
Arsenal Democracy
Champions Online w/ expansion
Men of War Red Tide
King's Bounty: The Legend
Dirt 2
Serious Sam 1st Encounter
Serious Sam 2nd Encounter
Silverfall
Silverfall: Earth Awakening

[quote name='hal']New Daily Deals
Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition $26.75
Metro 2033 $24.95

Not low enough, imo.

New weekly deals HIGHLIGHT: DiRT 2 for $6.00

Awesome deal there[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it :)

[quote name='pROvIs']More lack luster deals today for both the daily deals and weekly.[/QUOTE]

$6 for Dirt 2 is quite a deal, imo

Unless I'm wrong dosnt even look like the Serious Sam's are the HD version, which activates on steam. looks like the deals overall = fail

Dirt 2 for 6 bucks is a damn steal. Seriously, if you dont have the game by now this should make you get off yer ass and buy it.

I forgot just how shitty and how much of a pain in the ass it is downloading a game from d2d is.... if I had remembered i dont think the 6 dollar price point on dirt 2 would have made me bite....

Why do some of these digtal retailers have to m ake thier download and install processes such a pain in the ass?

bread's done
Back