$5 off $15 + Daily and Weekly Deals at Direct2Drive

RebelCapitalist

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive has several strong promotions going on right now. The coupon code appears to work alongside the other sales.

d2d.gif
Save $5 on a $15+ order with coupon code PAX
d2d.gif
D2D Turns 6 - Weekly $6 Game Deals: New titles every Wednesday
d2d.gif
End of Summer Sale - 2 games on sale daily for 30 days

Week 1 Deals (all items are $6):
1. SW: Knights of the old Republic
2. Jedi Knight Bundle $6
3. Achtung Panzer
4. Titan Quest Bundle
5. Defense Grid: The Awakening
6. Tropico 3
7. Tropico Reloaded
8. Football Manager 2010
9. Penumbra Collection

Think I'm going to try out Tropico 3. $6 seems like a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JokerWild']Though I apperciate the little effort there on steams behalf. Is it out of the goodness of their heart? I doubt it. To quote Eilot here, "However, if the GreenManGaming incident from a few months ago taught CAG's anything, it's that free games bring an unbelievable amount of traffic"

Theres half a dozen games you could have picked up the direct 2 drive coupons for "free" normally. Thie coupon though combined with the sale deals isn't going to stay around, hell I'm suprised it even lasted as long as it did.

I'm talking more of a grand gesture here, like Valve not screwing me over with L4D 2 (but thats me in particular perhaps). Valve is a buisness just like anyone else, I don't know where people get this idea that they are a cute and cuddly. Sure they make great games and I love them for it. Their going to have to bump it up a lot from Alien Swarm before I beleive that they are "generous".[/QUOTE]

Alien Swarm being free is ultimately just another way to get more people to install Steam... It's still pretty cool though.

well, silverfall works. some of the graphic packs are busted. but it works.

on another note, epic fail for D2D - either they forgot to update their site, or AoC and FF IX are up for a second day of suckage deals :D

yeah i saw that, hope they forgot because conan went up in price, and if no one wanted it when it was on sale why would they want it when its jacked back up?!

The trainwreck continues...

Today's Deals:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 $19.99
Bully: Scholarship Edition $14.99

battlefield isn't bad with the coupon! nothing to rush to the computer about but glad they updated todays, thanks hal.

Hmm, Is Battlefield BC 2 worth 14.95 or should i wait for a better sale? Between D2D & Steam been spending alot but if this is worth jumping on i might have to make an exception.

[quote name='drakesvg']Hmm, Is Battlefield BC 2 worth 14.95 or should i wait for a better sale? Between D2D & Steam been spending alot but if this is worth jumping on i might have to make an exception.[/QUOTE]

thats a CAG right there....15 bucks for BC2 is a great deal. It will probably be a steam sale for 10 around october or november, probably because most will be buying fallout new vegas and the new COD....

[quote name='hal']The trainwreck continues...

Today's Deals:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 $19.99
Bully: Scholarship Edition $14.99[/QUOTE]

Hal seems to have blown a transitor.

Its

Battlefield Bad Company 2 -19.99
Bully: Scholarship Edition -7.50

This is why the machines shall never win! Oh and as always, $5 off $15 with the coupon.

Hmmm, $15 for BFBC2 isn't bad at all. Even though I have the ps3 version and I'd prefer to own it on steam, I doubt I'll see this for lower than this anytime soon.

Consider this bit.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']thats a CAG right there....15 bucks for BC2 is a great deal. It will probably be a steam sale for 10 around october or november, probably because most will be buying fallout new vegas and the new COD....[/QUOTE]

That, and Vietnam will be out in the Winter.

[quote name='JokerWild']Though I apperciate the little effort there on steams behalf. Is it out of the goodness of their heart? I doubt it. To quote Eilot here, "However, if the GreenManGaming incident from a few months ago taught CAG's anything, it's that free games bring an unbelievable amount of traffic"

Theres half a dozen games you could have picked up the direct 2 drive coupons for "free" normally. Thie coupon though combined with the sale deals isn't going to stay around, hell I'm suprised it even lasted as long as it did.

I'm talking more of a grand gesture here, like Valve not screwing me over with L4D 2 (but thats me in particular perhaps). Valve is a buisness just like anyone else, I don't know where people get this idea that they are a cute and cuddly. Sure they make great games and I love them for it. Their going to have to bump it up a lot from Alien Swarm before I beleive that they are "generous".[/QUOTE]

Look, if a company releasing a new game, for free, with a bunch of tools for users with which to mod it, doesn't qualify as generous to you, then we simply don't agree on this point. I guess they'd get your support of their next major release was $10 instead of $50? I don't know.

Don't be silly, A) I don't beleive anyone in the history of gaming has ever released a major release for 10.

B) By your definition EA is a generous company then, considering they have released half the command and conquer games for free.

I'm not saying it wasn't nice of steam to release that, thats cool of them and all, but its just a game mod that got completed in a teams spare time. Release some freebies get some PR get some people using your stuff, I still don't see why your walking on sunshine here, mabye we do have to just disagree.

[quote name='JokerWild']Hal seems to have blown a transitor.

Its

Battlefield Bad Company 2 -19.99
Bully: Scholarship Edition -7.50

This is why the machines shall never win! Oh and as always, $5 off $15 with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha

Well, what happened is that D2D had $14.99 listed as the price and they've since updated. No suprise there.

I thought $29.99 seemed a bit of a stretch for retail on Bully since it's been dirt cheap off and on for some time now. Thanks for the update!

Hmm! New deals are up and it looks like todays Super Duper Awesome Spectaculiar Sales are Company of Heroes Gold for $7.50 & Sims 3 World Adventure Exp Pack for $14.95. I suppose if you picked up the Sims 3 eariler in the sale this wouldnt be to bad just grab defense map pack for a buck then use PAX code for a total of $10.94 + Tax if applicable

Is anyone having problems entering promo codes on the D2D order page?

On my Vista machine using IE 8, the text box for entering the promo codes kept disappearing after like half a second after I clicked on "add a promo code".

damnit! I picked up CoH alone for $5 during another sale... Wish I would've waited. Definitely worth the extra $2.50 for the expansion lol. Oh well =/.

[quote name='Darknuke']damnit! I picked up CoH alone for $5 during another sale... Wish I would've waited. Definitely worth the extra $2.50 for the expansion lol. Oh well =/.[/QUOTE]I got CoH Gold last year for $5 from the D2D Is 5 sale. Even though I already owned it on disk, I rebought it because it had the expansion plus all the patches except for the last 4 small ones baked in. I had just had to DL 17(!!!!) patches weighing almost 4 GB to update my 1.0 DVD copy to the latest. Brutal.

Week 4

Red faction
warfare
7 sins
dracula origin
a farewell to dragons
city life 2008
sword of the stars
gratuitous space battles
europa universails 3 heir to the throne

Borderlands and football manager 2010 = 9.95

Has anyone played A Farewell to Dragons? The reviews are pretty mixed but with Red Faction and some other filler, a bit over $10 for three games won't be too bad.

These weekly sales this year blow... really I mean maybe last year they were just really good but most of the games this year are games I've never even heard of. Seems like there's been MAYBE 1 a week that was worth it. The daily deals have had a few good ones on sale, but mostly the sale prices have been pretty weak.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Has anyone played A Farewell to Dragons? The reviews are pretty mixed but with Red Faction and some other filler, a bit over $10 for three games won't be too bad.[/QUOTE] yeah i got it during a $5 sale, its a decent hack n' slash rpg, but translation so not so good.

[quote name='henrylin22']yeah i got it during a $5 sale, its a decent hack n' slash rpg, but translation so not so good.[/QUOTE]

I agree about A Farewell to Dragons - also snagged over @ Steam during their Summer sale.

I'm def in for Gratuitous Space Battles, that game looks pretty awesome (I love strategy games). ALMOST tempted to get Red Faction Guerrilla for $6, but I'll pass.

[quote name='Darknuke']I'm def in for Gratuitous Space Battles, that game looks pretty awesome (I love strategy games). ALMOST tempted to get Red Faction Guerrilla for $6, but I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that GSB has several expansions/DLC available and that's not the collector's edition (which was $6.25 on Steam a few weekends ago).

Wow. Last year's deals on D2D were beyond awesome. This year's... almost completely horrible with lots of games that look like they came off the clearance section of the Casual gaming aisle at Target. Last year, they had Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell 3, GTA III, GTA VC, etc for $5.

This year they have... Dracula Origin, City Life...

What? I think Steam's finally broken them. These deals are on games most people don't want. Hopefully, they're saving the big guns for Halloween or Black Friday/X-mas/New Years sales.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Wow. Last year's deals on D2D were beyond awesome. This year's... almost completely horrible with lots of games that look like they came off the clearance section of the Casual gaming aisle at Target. Last year, they had Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell 3, GTA III, GTA VC, etc for $5.

This year they have... Dracula Origin, City Life...[/QUOTE]No kidding. Here's what I bought last year:

• World in Conflict Gold Edition
  • Company of Heroes Gold Edition
  • Defense Grid
  • Assassin's Creed
  • X-Com: Collection
  • The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
That's a good bunch of stuff for $30. Didn't buy more because I already had them. This year it's as if they wanted to challenge Impulse for the most head-scratching titles on sale.

Anyone know if D2D is known to do "encore" sales on the last day like Steam? Granted most of these suck but I'd like to see the LOTRO pack for 5 bucks again...

[quote name='Psybuster']Anyone know if D2D is known to do "encore" sales on the last day like Steam? Granted most of these suck but I'd like to see the LOTRO pack for 5 bucks again...[/QUOTE]

The $6 deals are scheduled to change/end on next Wednesday, but the sale "event" goes on until Thursday. Presumably they have something planned for the final day.

[quote name='hal']Section 8 50% off $29.95 now: $14.95
XCom Complete Bundle 60% off $14.95 now: $5.95

XCom Complete includes:
  • XCom : Enforcer
  • XCom : Interceptor
  • XCom : Apocalypse
  • XCom : Terror from the Deep
  • XCom : UFO Defense
[/QUOTE]

Section 8, I know nothing about...is it FPS or more Red Faction style gameplay? I'm too lazy to search, and don't have the time for it at the moment....

XCom - everyone says it's great...what is it that makes it so good?

[quote name='caldazar']Section 8, I know nothing about...is it FPS or more Red Faction style gameplay? I'm too lazy to search, and don't have the time for it at the moment....

XCom - everyone says it's great...what is it that makes it so good?[/QUOTE]

First person, but I wouldn't bother. As has been pointed out, it's been much less and a new Section 8 is under development already.

XCom was great... in 1998. It's probably worth $5 for the lot given the age of the games, but as a CAG it irritates me to see a trumped up price "discounted". It ought to be half that.

Xcom is still great, its one of the few tactical strategy games I really enjoyed, its has a great sense of atmosphere as you slowly move out and try to locate the enemy and the first time you play through it is amazing as you slowly unravel the alien threat.

As for all the whining...really?

I've picked up

Dirt 2
Men of War: Red Tide
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Kings Bounty
Kings Bounty Armored Princess
Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars the Force Unleashed
Defense Grid Map Packs 1-4

for about 25, which makes each item about 3 dollers a pop. Sure I could have mabye gotten a little better deal on a thing or two, but really?

[quote name='JokerWild']Xcom is still great, its one of the few tactical strategy games I really enjoyed, its has a great sense of atmosphere as you slowly move out and try to locate the enemy and the first time you play through it is amazing as you slowly unravel the alien threat.

As for all the whining...really?

I've picked up

Dirt 2
Men of War: Red Tide
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Kings Bounty
Kings Bounty Armored Princess
Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars the Force Unleashed
Defense Grid Map Packs 1-4

for about 25, which makes each item about 3 dollers a pop. Sure I could have mabye gotten a little better deal on a thing or two, but really?[/QUOTE]

I can't really complain myself, having picked up SW:TFU, SW:KOTOR, King's Bounty Armored Princess, Silverfall & Silverfall Earth Awakening, Disciples II Gold, and Elven Legacy.

I think I might have spent between $25-30, and I'm happy, especially now that I have Silverfall working.

Not bad for deals over the weekend. Today for Crysis maximum at $15 after coupon. Railroads at $6 is tempting.

Yesterday, was tempting as well with stronghold collection at 14.95 before coupon.

[quote name='pROvIs'] Railroads at $6 is tempting.[/QUOTE]

It's a great game to play multiplayer with friends, games don't last too long and there's lots of competitive bidding and backstabbing plus seeing who can make the most ridiculous rail system and still survive.

I have the CD version and it does crash quite a bit, though. Turning off sound helps.

Though I can't run it as smooth as I would like, the Crysis Maximum deal after coupon for 14.95 is pretty good, best price I've seen for the whole thing.

That Crysis Max Ed is a good deal. Just bought Crysis Warhead during the Perils of Summer on Steam, though, and I'd prefer now a sale on the original Crysis (which I own on disc). To keep them together, hoping for a Steam sale to match it soon.

An EA week would be nice, I think!

[quote name='drakesvg']If you add a def grid pack for a dollar you can get C&C 4 for $10.95. Not to bad but does anyone know if its worth $10 bucks?[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression the last few C&C games were pretty good not great but good. After looking at user and critic reviews of this one I have to pass. Maybe it was console reviews I read but it seems at best people think that this tried something new and didn't quite execute it very well but the vast majority of people hated it.

bread's done
Back