$5 off Any Call Of Duty Title Toys R' Us in-store

CheapAssHustla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
As title states. The coupon is in store near the video games section. I just saw this and I'm not sure if it's posted anywhere else on the site. I hope this is helpful to some. Valid 5/3 through 7/9.

[quote name='SeanTM22']If only I could find Cod4 or WaW...[/QUOTE]

My toysrus had a PS3 version of WAW for $19.99.

went back, it dissapeared.

Are the DS Call of Duty games any good? I've never owned a DS but bought a 3DS at launch and haven't used it much as I'm waiting for RE and Zelda

[quote name='eternalnegative']COD4 and WAW are 19.99 there. So the coupons are only available in the store?[/QUOTE]

The Coupon is available on top of the cabinet holding all call of duty games.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I think it's $49.99. I'll check when I go in later on.[/QUOTE]

MSRP for MW2 is still $50, so yes, ridiculous.

As for WaW and MW, it depends. Some places have MSRP @ $30, some $20.

Pretty sure the $30 MSRP for MW is the GotY edition (which doesn't come with anything, since they "ran out of" mappack codes to distribute with it).

I picked up WaW (non-PH) and MW (the GotY) a while back @ a TRU for $20 each*, but I don't think they were on sale. YMMV?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kenshindono']err is that even a deal? last time i took a look, they still had crap like modern warfare 2 at full retail (60 bucks)[/QUOTE]
Not much of a deal as $5 barely covers tax

[quote name='Havok83']Not much of a deal as $5 barely covers tax[/QUOTE]
Modern Warfare for the Wii is only $9.98 before coupon if you can find it. Also, all DS games are BOGO 50% off this week, so if someone has an interest in getting two COD games for DS (I have no idea if they're any good or not) they could get 50% off one and $5 each copy by combining the sale + coupon.

[quote name='eternalnegative']COD4 and WAW are 19.99 there. So the coupons are only available in the store?[/QUOTE]

hmm may be worth it for world at war then, if its not greatest hits. I think i recall seeing a platinum hits version of it before. I'll have to check

[quote name='BobbyTastic']MSRP for MW2 is still $50, so yes, ridiculous.

As for WaW and MW, it depends. Some places have MSRP @ $30, some $20.

Pretty sure the $30 MSRP for MW is the GotY edition (which doesn't come with anything, since they "ran out of" mappack codes to distribute with it).

I picked up WaW (non-PH) and MW (the GotY) a while back @ a TRU for $20, but I don't think they were on sale. YMMV?[/QUOTE]

why the hell is MW2 still so expensive? i have NEVER bought the game because i keep waiting for it to hit about 20 bucks, lowest i ever saw it was 40 i think. I dont understand how pricing works on some stuff. I noticed they still have lair for like 60 bucks too o_O and for some reason heavenly sword never seened to really drop in price either

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm may be worth it for world at war then, if its not greatest hits. I think i recall seeing a platinum hits version of it before. I'll have to check

why the hell is MW2 still so expensive? i have NEVER bought the game because i keep waiting for it to hit about 20 bucks, lowest i ever saw it was 40 i think. I dont understand how pricing works on some stuff. I noticed they still have lair for like 60 bucks too o_O and for some reason heavenly sword never seened to really drop in price either[/QUOTE]

The platinum hits version of WaW I've seen sell @ BB for $30 for whatever reason (There's no WaW: GotY edition because it definitely wasn't a Game of the Year in anyone's list).

Don't get me started on MW2's pricing, I've been ranting about it for months. xD It came out in 2009, and has sold well over enough copies to qualify for PH/GH pricing ($20, $30 at the most but it usually comes with shit aka DLC) and I'm surprised it never got a GotY edition but I assume that's to prevent a re-issue/price-drop (much like what's happening with AC: Bro atm). Pricing this generation has been rather fucked up, between Activision's stuff, Wii's first party titles + the lack of a budget Wii game system until recently (Nintendo Selects), and the fact that GH/PH branding isn't rigid like it should be.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']The platinum hits version of WaW I've seen sell @ BB for $30 for whatever reason (There's no WaW: GotY edition because it definitely wasn't a Game of the Year in anyone's list).

Don't get me started on MW2's pricing, I've been ranting about it for months. xD It came out in 2009, and has sold well over enough copies to qualify for PH/GH pricing ($20, $30 at the most but it usually comes with shit aka DLC) and I'm surprised it never got a GotY edition but I assume that's to prevent a re-issue/price-drop (much like what's happening with AC: Bro atm). Pricing this generation has been rather fucked up, between Activision's stuff, Wii's first party titles + the lack of a budget Wii game system until recently (Nintendo Selects), and the fact that GH/PH branding isn't rigid like it should be.[/QUOTE]

lol i was just wondering why the hell the price never droped. This will probably shock a lot of you.. but i have never played MW2. I never bought it because the price never dropped, I didn't think it was worth it. Honestly i almost never buy games @60 bucks, ever. Espeically now that we get the bullshit garbage 'eco' packaging. Im amazed it still hasn't droped at all, im starting to wonder if it ever will, and if i'll ever buy it. At this point i'll pick it up at

[quote name='Kenshindono']lol i was just wondering why the hell the price never droped. This will probably shock a lot of you.. but i have never played MW2. I never bought it because the price never dropped, I didn't think it was worth it. Honestly i almost never buy games @60 bucks, ever. Espeically now that we get the bullshit garbage 'eco' packaging. Im amazed it still hasn't droped at all, im starting to wonder if it ever will, and if i'll ever buy it. At this point i'll pick it up at CoD5, CoD6> CoD7. I paid $30something during a GS B2G1 free used sale for Brawl, was worth it. Picked up Twilight Princess as my free game with my LA Noire purchase. Good luck getting a price-match @ Walmart.
By "The GH/PH branding isn't rigid" I meant that normally once a game sells a certain amount of copies it's supposed to automatically be in that category, but it's seemed like they haven't enforced that with games like MW2, not the actual casing, lol. AC: Bro is due for a re-issue (PH/GH which may or may not include DLC) and it'll be $30 MSRP, so they're dropping the price of the vanilla copies to get rid of them while they can. Not sure how the CE will fare, though.

I posted this in the TRU clearance thread a while ago and no seemed to care. When TRU had the 30% off clearance games, COD Modern Warfare Reflex was $6.98 and I used the coupon and got it for $1.98. Since this coupon doesn’t expire for awhile I suggest that everyone should grab a few (I have 5) as they might come in use in the future.

And if you can’t find the COD game your looking for at TRU, Walmart will accept this coupon. This is not YMMV, every Walmart should take this coupon. Now if you try and PM and use the coupon then it’s YMMV.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm may be worth it for world at war then, if its not greatest hits. I think i recall seeing a platinum hits version of it before. I'll have to check

why the hell is MW2 still so expensive? i have NEVER bought the game because i keep waiting for it to hit about 20 bucks, lowest i ever saw it was 40 i think. I dont understand how pricing works on some stuff. I noticed they still have lair for like 60 bucks too o_O and for some reason heavenly sword never seened to really drop in price either[/QUOTE]

Modern Warfare 2 has been $30 all week at Target. It'sthe same price on the Best Buy website too. That's probably the lowest I've seen it lately.

[quote name='AcidRain25']I posted this in the TRU clearance thread a while ago and no seemed to care. When TRU had the 30% off clearance games, COD Modern Warfare Reflex was $6.98 and I used the coupon and got it for $1.98. Since this coupon doesn’t expire for awhile I suggest that everyone should grab a few (I have 5) as they might come in use in the future.

And if you can’t find the COD game your looking for at TRU, Walmart will accept this coupon. This is not YMMV, every Walmart should take this coupon. Now if you try and PM and use the coupon then it’s YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I never check TRU clearance since mine always sucks. What do you mean "if they might come in use in the future"? I'm surprised Walmart's accepting this coupon, but thanks for the information.

The whole Treyarch, Infinity ward crap is such a silly argument.
Yes Infinity ward built all their own campaigns, but you do realize modern warfares had a large portion of their multiplayer built by treyarch?

Yup, all that fun you had blasting folks in MW2, a large part of that goes to Treyarch.

Call of Duty 3 was a pile of shit, but WaW and Black Ops weren't terrible, and their sales numbers bear that out. Its silly fanboy bullshit.

Up until a few months ago WaW was still one on the top ten most played games on XBL, no small feat for a game that old.

[quote name='OnettHero']The whole Treyarch, Infinity ward crap is such a silly argument.
Yes Infinity ward built all their own campaigns, but you do realize modern warfares had a large portion of their multiplayer built by treyarch?

Yup, all that fun you had blasting folks in MW2, a large part of that goes to Treyarch.

Call of Duty 3 was a pile of shit, but WaW and Black Ops weren't terrible, and their sales numbers bear that out. Its silly fanboy bullshit.

Up until a few months ago WaW was still one on the top ten most played games on XBL, no small feat for a game that old.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I should have said that's what the general public thinks (and I agree), but you have a point. I never said Treyarch was terrible, but I haven't forgiven them for CoD3. All I did was state my preferences, it's not a HUGE disparity, but there's a quality disparity. And this probably needs to be dropped now. And I didn't realize MW2's been on sale for $30, but ffs that should be MSRP already.

Edit: @ Post below
Oh, so you meant the coupon. Not the Reflex Edition. I was SO confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

What I mean by this might come in use in the future is, if Walmart or TRU has a sale any COD games in the future then you can use this coupon on top of that sale price. So for example you can't find any cheap COD games to use it on right now but maybe 2 weeks from now TRU has a sale on World at War for $14.99, then you can use the coupon then and get it for $9.99. Coupon doesn't expire till 7/9, so that's a lot of time for sales to happen.

[quote name='ral1121']My toysrus had a PS3 version of WAW for $19.99.
went back, it dissapeared.[/QUOTE]

Spooky!!!

I went to my TRU and couldn't find the coupon, all they had was the Gamer Guide with the Mortal Kombat/Homefront/Epic Mickey coupons.

[quote name='Stimes']I went to my TRU and couldn't find the coupon, all they had was the Gamer Guide with the Mortal Kombat/Homefront/Epic Mickey coupons.[/QUOTE]

Have all those coupons expired yet? I woulda figured they'd have released a new Gamer Guide with more coupons by* now. Or is this CoD coupon in the new gamer guide?

Someone refresh my memory on those coupons?

[quote name='Stimes']I went to my TRU and couldn't find the coupon, all they had was the Gamer Guide with the Mortal Kombat/Homefront/Epic Mickey coupons.[/QUOTE]

I thought they were in their as well. I didn't see a new magazine but yeah, they're near the call of duty case.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Have all those coupons expired yet? I woulda figured they'd have released a new Gamer Guide with more coupons now. Or is this CoD coupon in the new gamer guide?[/QUOTE]

The Homefront and Epic Mickey are good until 6/25, MK is expired.

[quote name='Stimes']The Homefront and Epic Mickey are good until 6/25, MK is expired.[/QUOTE]

I believe Epic Mickey was $29.99 so after the $10 coupon it was around $21.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I believe Epic Mickey was $29.99 so after the $10 coupon it was around $21.[/QUOTE]

I believe some people lucked out and picked it up for $15. Edit: Oh yeah, I remember that huge flipping fiasco. Fun stuff. Coulda got yourself a free Epic Mickey game if you flipped one copy (if you consider getting BB credit = to cash). Kinda sad I missed out.

For those who don't wanna bother with coupons and/or TRU price-drops. Amazon still has Epic Mickey for $20.

Still wanna know about the other coupons (Homefront), because I don't feel like going out to TRU anytime soon without a definite reason.

I'm surprised Homefront hasn't had a sale yet. Odd.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I believe Epic Mickey was $29.99 so after the $10 coupon it was around $21.[/QUOTE]

It was on sale for $25 once that brought it to $15, BB was giving $30 for it at the time.

^ the Homefront coupon is for $10 off, if it goes on sale before 6/25 you can stack the coupon with it and it might be a deal.

[quote name='Stimes']It was on sale for $25 once that brought it to $15, BB was giving $30 for it at the time.

^ the Homefront coupon is for $10 off, if it goes on sale before 6/25 you can stack the coupon with it and it might be a deal.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did for my copy of Mortal Kombat. I wish I would've known you could three copy of the same game. I would've have $90 oh well.

I can confirm that the $5 off any Call of Duty game coupon does work on the 2 for $50 deal. I got 2 copies of Black Ops for $40+tax and I only used 1 coupon and it applied to both games.

[quote name='AcidRain25']I can confirm that the $5 off any Call of Duty game coupon does work on the 2 for $50 deal. I got 2 copies of Black Ops for $40+tax and I only used 1 coupon and it applied to bought games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming this!

[quote name='Kenshindono']

Its $30 for a while at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Mod...QLI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308516770&sr=8-1

[quote name='AcidRain25']I can confirm that the $5 off any Call of Duty game coupon does work on the 2 for $50 deal. I got 2 copies of Black Ops for $40+tax and I only used 1 coupon and it applied to both games.[/QUOTE]

I used one coupon for a copy of PS3 and a copy of xbox and it worked on both.

[quote name='AcidRain25']I can confirm that the $5 off any Call of Duty game coupon does work on the 2 for $50 deal. I got 2 copies of Black Ops for $40+tax and I only used 1 coupon and it applied to both games.[/QUOTE]

Black ops + LA Noire for only $45?

My god, does it pay off to be a patient CAG! :D

I would so do this if black ops was still in stock or i could do an instore pickup. 25 is about my price point for both this and fear 3

[quote name='dmdragon']I would so do this if black ops was still in stock or i could do an instore pickup. 25 is about my price point for both this and fear 3[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping to get come Tuesday.

bread's done
Back