$5 off any GameCube game at ToysRUs - NO minimum!

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
From the same guy who brought you the original $5 off, no minimum coupon for BestBuy, here is the $5 off, no minimum coupon for GameCube games at ToysRUs....

It'll make all the recent clearance games, like Odama and Chibi Robo, a mere $5... and you may very well be able to get the $5 games for free. Coupon expires 1/31/07, so use it soon for the clearance games.

Enjoy :D

http://img319.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0001ln7.jpg

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder the coupon work on PS2, PSP game too ??[/quote]
No, it says on the coupon only for NINTENDO GAMECUBE

Bought like 3 games all with 1 coupon, ended up picking up Odama, Fire Emblem, and Harry Potter. Thanks OP for the coupon!

Oooh, I like that this discounts each game with just the one coupon. I hope they accept it. I'm going to "rebuy" Gun and Odama and maybe pick up a Zelda TP if they have it. Heading out in a bit...

*sigh*

I thought I was going to get The Rub Rabbits, Sonic Adventure DX, Chibi Robo, and Odama for a total of $27.97. Everything was going smooth, there was an old lady that rung me up, but after the sale completed she looked at the receipt and saw that the coupon took $5 off of each game (as it was supposed to). She said that she didn't know if it was supposed to do that, and she called another woman over, who obviously knew what she was doing because immediately after seeing the coupon she knew it was a photocopy and said they couldn't take it. So they voided my purchase, and I ended up just buying Rub Rabbits and Odama for $20 :cry:

The thing is, had I not been so greedy and only grabbed Odama and not the other two, then there would've been no attention called to the other woman and the old woman would've accepted my coupon, and I would've gotten at least $5 off Odama. Stupid greed of mine...I had to jump at the chance at getting some good GC games for 5 bucks new.

I can't really blame the women for doing their job though, and they didn't accuse me of anything which was nice. I just played stupid the whole time.

Go back in and re-buy. ;-)

I have an Extra ODAMA if anyone needs it. Really need CHIBI ROBO. ;-)

[quote name='Melatonin']*sigh*

I thought I was going to get The Rub Rabbits, Sonic Adventure DX, Chibi Robo, and Odama for a total of $27.97. Everything was going smooth, there was an old lady that rung me up, but after the sale completed she looked at the receipt and saw that the coupon took $5 off of each game (as it was supposed to). She said that she didn't know if it was supposed to do that, and she called another woman over, who obviously knew what she was doing because immediately after seeing the coupon she knew it was a photocopy and said they couldn't take it. So they voided my purchase, and I ended up just buying Rub Rabbits and Odama for $20 :cry:

The thing is, had I not been so greedy and only grabbed Odama and not the other two, then there would've been no attention called to the other woman and the old woman would've accepted my coupon, and I would've gotten at least $5 off Odama. Stupid greed of mine...I had to jump at the chance at getting some good GC games for 5 bucks new.

I can't really blame the women for doing their job though, and they didn't accuse me of anything which was nice. I just played stupid the whole time.[/QUOTE]

The only way I would try to go back and re-buy is if I knew for sure that neither of those employees were there, because it would just be stupid to try it again on the same people. I'm just going to leave it be.

I was able to use two copies today in a single run: once, when I price matched the games I'd already bet (very kind of them to let me retroactively use it) and again when I picked up one or two other titles.... also FINALLY got myself a copy of WarioWare Twisted...

[quote name='Melatonin']*sigh*

I can't really blame the women for doing their job though, and they didn't accuse me of anything which was nice. I just played stupid the whole time.[/quote]

Wait a minute, how does this coupon work? One $5 off coupon is suppose to take off $5 for each of your NDS/GCN games you purchase? Or is it one coupon per game?

[quote name='jack987']Wait a minute, how does this coupon work? One $5 off coupon is suppose to take off $5 for each of your NDS/GCN games you purchase? Or is it one coupon per game?[/QUOTE]

It takes $5 off of every GameCube game you buy, whether that's one or twelve... only one coupon needed. Who knows if it's actually supposed to work that way, so don't gripe if an employee shoots you down when you try to get twelve games for cheap.... :)

[quote name='jack987']Wait a minute, how does this coupon work? One $5 off coupon is suppose to take off $5 for each of your NDS/GCN games you purchase? Or is it one coupon per game?[/QUOTE]

Here... a picture is worth a 1000 words. They scanned the coupon once:

The cashier did a double-take after scanning the coupon. I thought maybe the slightly blurry UPC didn't scan, but he was just seeing that 3 things came up discounted I guess. So I see where this could cause trouble, as the coupon says "Save $5 on ANY Nintendo Gamecube title". Most cashiers will assume that means one - though in the fine print it says they reserve the right to limit quantities, so it is clear that it is *intended* to work on more than one but they can, of course, restrict that. Then there's the whole "void if copied" thing ;).

[quote name='hotwls13']I printed it 5.02 x 2.35 inches. Scanned just fine and worked like a charm. I plan to go back and try to get Odama and chibi for $5 each.[/quote]

I took that advice and printed it the same way. Mine also scanned without a problem. Whoever sugegsted that, whether it was you or if you got that from somebody else, thank you.

The TRU in Mansfield OH sucks balls on cube games. I was only looking for free games but the only one they had that would of been 5 after coupon is chibi robo.

And besides that there was a clearance box full of games at 10 and 20 bucks. And the sign clearly said "50 percent off all games, discount taken off at register" But the woman wouldn't hear my case. Talk about false advertisement.

[quote name='FFBlitzace']I took that advice and printed it the same way. Mine also scanned without a problem. Whoever sugegsted that, whether it was you or if you got that from somebody else, thank you.[/QUOTE]

I figured it out all by myself. I printed a regular sized barcode, then compared that to different sized coupons. 5.02 seemed just about right.

Oh, and your welcome. :lol:

[quote name='unicron129']Can somebody make one of those six card sheets like the one made for bestbuy? Also, i have some recommendations:

CORRECTIONS:
$5 after coupon:

GC:
Batallion Wars
Chibi- Robo
Odama
Super Monkey Ball
Gun
Donkey Konga 2

FREE after coupon:
ATV Quad Power Racing

I got so hyped up even though I remember clearly reading the GC only part I just kind of forgot about it.[/QUOTE]

damn i want allof those $5 games, gotta get that printer working

sweet, thanks op... just got two copies of odama for 10 bucks. Also picked up the cheap ps2 component cables while i was there. Now I can play the gamecube karaoke game with my gf, and play guitar hero in all its glory once she goes to bed.

Sweet, I guess I'll be on my way to TRU tomorrow morning. Should I print it in colour or it doesnt matter? I only have black ink in my printer right now.

[quote name='CaoPi']can you return the game and use the coupon to rebuy it again on the spot? :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's essentially what I did. I had bought several games prior to them going on sale and went back to price match yesterday. As they were doing the price matching, I politely asked if they'd be willing to also retroactively take the coupon. She said sure, which of course it did, and I got the extra $5 off of all the Cube games I had bought.

[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']Scored Odama and Baten Kaitos for a cool 6.50[/quote]

How big is your coupon?

[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']Scored Odama and Baten Kaitos for a cool 6.50[/QUOTE]

LOL! $6.50?

My copies of Odama and Chibi Robo came up to $5.23 a piece.

$4.98 x 5% ME sales tax = $5.23, you're paying $1.27 more where you are.

[quote name='3QGojo']LOL! $6.50?

My copies of Odama and Chibi Robo came up to $5.23 a piece.

$4.98 x 5% ME sales tax = $5.23, you're paying $1.27 more where you are.[/QUOTE]

OIr did he mean he got both games for 6.50?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']OIr did he mean he got both games for 6.50?[/QUOTE]

If he got both games for $6.50 I'd like to know how he pulled that one off without a five finger discount.

Got both for 6.50. Baten Kaitos is 20 cents after coupon :)

5.18 + 1.33 (8.75% tax) = $6.51

You've also have to take into account that they tax the item before the coupon is applied. I got taxed on ~15 instead of ~5.

[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']Got both for 6.50. Baten Kaitos is 20 cents after coupon :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish my stores still had these around. I never saw them once they were less than $15.

I returned 2 games from different receipts and rebought with the coupon at the service desk yesterday. At first, the lady said she would just credit me back $5 to my CC instead of hassling with return/repurchase. But then she said it would only work on one game. Well, I would have none of that so I told her that "I heard" that it will work on multiple games. She said she didn't think so, but she'd try it. Then she said she couldn't use the coupon on the 2 different games because they are different receipts. Fair enough - so I asked if I could return both, and then repurchase (thus on the same receipt). Again, she said she didn't think that would work but she'd give it a try. Well, what do you know, it worked! She said "I guess the customer is always right" :rofl:.

Anyway, then I went into the RZone and bought 4 GC games and used another coupon. I could see the cashier there was very hesitant about the whole thing so I swiped my card and signed as fast as I could. She said afterwards she thought it would only work on 1 game. I had wanted to get some other games (so it wouldn't look so obvious with just having GC games) but they were cleaned out of stuff that was still there on Weds. Oh well, at least I was able to pick up a game another CAG wanted as well as some stuff that I might be able to flip (Spongebob Bikini Bottom of which they STILL have about 30 copies ;)).

One thing that has me nervous - I hope that TRU is processing returns/adjustments differently than purchases. Because I looked at my online CC statement and I see my original HUGE game purchase the day before the sale started (for $270 or so). But I do NOT see the adjustment (-$170) made 2 days later. Yet, I DO see the additional purchases I made that same day. Hopefully this will show up in the next few days. I also did a regular return at the same time and that has not shown up - which makes me feel better. They could have screwed up the adjustment somehow but probably not a regular return. They are getting a nice "float" out of it, though. Maybe that's their intention.

[quote name='io']One thing that has me nervous - I hope that TRU is processing returns/adjustments differently than purchases. Because I looked at my online CC statement and I see my original HUGE game purchase the day before the sale started (for $270 or so). But I do NOT see the adjustment (-$170) made 2 days later. Yet, I DO see the additional purchases I made that same day. Hopefully this will show up in the next few days. I also did a regular return at the same time and that has not shown up - which makes me feel better. They could have screwed up the adjustment somehow but probably not a regular return. They are getting a nice "float" out of it, though. Maybe that's their intention.[/QUOTE]

Mine is the exact same way. I think the refunds just take a few days to process. Probably with holiday's even longer. My Credit Card looks horrendous right now. What can you do, it's that time of year again when there are just too many good deals on games.

Oh well, they shot me down in Dedham, MA today. The old guy at the register said he had the original copy at hime, so he knew it wasn't e-mailed to me.

i would really like to try this, but the closest TRU is about 40 mins away, and I dont want to get there and then have them not have any good games, or not except the coupons, i still might try it anyways, who knows

[quote name='Memorex']i would really like to try this, but the closest TRU is about 40 mins away, and I dont want to get there and then have them not have any good games, or not except the coupons, i still might try it anyways, who knows[/QUOTE]

Call your local TRU around 11-3pm ...... it's down time & you can ask to check the games on the list is Instock or OOS. That's i did mine & it work like charm (Save ur gas, times & tracfic jam) ;)

what exactly is the list of games? I know of the two Donkey Konga's and that is what i would really like to get, to go along with my newly aquired jungle beat and free bongos from gamestop.

If anyone can pick up either of the Donkey Konga games for me for $5 after coupon, that would be sweet. I'd pay cost, plus shipping, plus a little extra for your time and throw in something from my trade list. If you are interested, please PM me. Thanks.

American Chopper and Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings... are $5.20, $.20 after coupon. As an added bonus, Baten trades for $6 at EBGS. Tack on the 10%+10% and that goes up to $7.20. While the numbers aren't astronomical, the profit percentage is. Too bad my TRU and none of the surrounding have any left.

bread's done
Back