%5 off any gaming system (except the Wii) at CompUSA Friday 11/16 Only

oops - it excludes the wii. PS3 and 360 are pictured but it should work on the PS2 as well I'd expect.

[quote name='Sarre']http://image.compusa.com/pdf/071116rop.pdf

Just got an e-mail from them. Not a great deal, but $20 off a $400 system is still $20. It is ONLY on Friday the 16th - not sure if its online or not.

EDIT - oops - it excludes the wii. PS3 and 360 are pictured but it should work on the PS2 as well I'd expect.[/QUOTE]

Problem is that if your state has 5% sales tax or more, then you don't save anything at all. CompUSA knows this... the average consumer thinks "OH MY GOD 5% a gaming SYSTEM...I'M A GONNA BUY FROM COMPUSA AND SAVE!!!"

[quote name='ITDEFX']Problem is that if your state has 5% sales tax or more, then you don't save anything at all. CompUSA knows this... the average consumer thinks "OH MY GOD 5% a gaming SYSTEM...I'M A GONNA BUY FROM COMPUSA AND SAVE!!!"[/quote]

Well, you still save the 5%. I live in MD and stopped off at the Delaware Costco to buy my first 360 just so I wouldn't have to pay that 5%.

I was on my way to Atlantic City, so the "wasted gas" wasn't a factor.

Having worked for CompUSA for a couple weeks, I think it's more likely that they think the 16th is Black Friday...

bread's done
Back