$5 off Super Monkey Ball DS at Target

[quote name='Roufuss']Lets hope it goes on sale before March 6th for an added bonus :D[/QUOTE]
Gamestop, Gamecrazy, and EB all list the game as releasing Feb. 21...

[quote name='Roufuss']Lets hope it goes on sale before March 6th for an added bonus :D[/QUOTE]

That's what made the Target coupons from the past so great. That and the fact that they stack with employee discount!

You're right . . . a sale price and the coupon would make this really cool.

When I load the specials page, there is no link for the coupon. (the source refers to a nonexistant image map) Does anyone have the URL for the coupon?

[quote name='Magehart']$26.88 next week + $5 off march 5th and 6th.

Seems like a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I was actually going to bump this myself to remind everyone about that but you beat me to it.

[quote name='Magehart']$26.88 next week + $5 off march 5th and 6th.

Seems like a good deal.[/quote]

Nice, so it starts sunday?

[quote name='jaybird']Ha. They have their images mixed up on the DS & PSP offers.[/QUOTE]

Actually for the last 3 weeks the pictures on their Specials page have been screwed up, each week its something different.

Hmm... looks like the last item on the page says you get a $5 gift card with Battle for Middle Earth. And it doesn't say the sequel. I might return my copy of BfME from BB for the second time and buy it there instead.

Edit: Eh, looking at the weekly ad online, it's the sequel... I could probably press it with a print out, but Target's been good to me, so I don't think it'll be worth the hassle for an extra $3 savings.

Awesome that with the coupon it will be around $22. I was going to wait for a price drop but I might just pick it up next week.

Great deal, but the bad to mediocre reviews kind of worry me about SMB DS. Even the Gamespot forum guys told me to avoid it, because the stylus control has major problems and the D-Pad is a poor substitute. In other words, the controls (the most important thing in a game like this) was not done well at all.

I just read some reviews and I'm starting to change my mind. After the awesome GBA version (very impressive for a GBA game), I was really looking forward to the DS game. I guess I'll wait to get it for $10 (still want to get it but not for more than that)

[quote name='badtzm']hrm.. i was at target today and it was a normal price of 29.99. When is it supposed to go on sale?[/QUOTE]

Sunday 3/5 for $26.88

[quote name='dago2727']Sunday 3/5 for $26.88[/QUOTE]

It that's true I will definately snag it! Monkey Ball on GBA was good, so the DS version should be better!

[quote name='Madskills1182']I just picked it up with the 10% off coupon at Best Buy. Great game.[/quote]

So are the controls that bad or are the reviewers just whiny?

[quote name='SpazX']So are the controls that bad or are the reviewers just whiny?[/QUOTE]
I hope its really good since he couldn't wait five days to get it 30% off instead of 10.

[quote name='botticus']I hope its really good since he couldn't wait five days to get it 30% off instead of 10.[/QUOTE]
Where is it 30% off?? And the controls arent bad you just have to get used to them

[quote name='Madskills1182']Where is it 30% off?? And the controls arent bad you just have to get used to them[/QUOTE]
Well, you're posting in a thread for a coupon that's already better than 10% off at BB ($5 = 17%) and it'll be $26.88 at Target next week. Which is 11% off by itself ;) So actually it'll be 28% off.

I picked up the game for 26.99. I couldnt wait for 11 cents. And my Target wont take the bestbuy coupon so it the 11 cents was just not worth the wait.

[quote name='Madskills1182']I picked up the game for 26.99. I couldnt wait for 11 cents[/quote]

5 dollars and 11 cents! (minus tax)

I guess I'll pick it up, the reviewers can suck my balls

Picked up 2 copies of the game today, $21.88 each after coupon. Played through the first stage in single player mode, the game played pretty well with the control pad. Will try the multiplayer games later.

Well unless somebody wants to trade me an extra copy for sonic rush or kirby canvas curse I guess I'll be goin over to target tomorrow and pickin it up.

Anyone interested in this deal should act quickly . . . the coupon expires tomorrow.

My daughter loves Super Monkey Ball and she likes the DS . . . this should be a winner at $22 (and her birthday is in two weeks!).

I always get confused... so does the coupon work on Monday the 6th or does it expire midnight tonight?

Oh the relativity of it all! =P

Picked this up for $21.88. Thanks OP for the coupon link. The game is great! Stylus control is not the best but you can still use the D-pad.

[quote name='nikkai']I always get confused... so does the coupon work on Monday the 6th or does it expire midnight tonight?

Oh the relativity of it all! =P[/quote]

The coupon had better work today, I think I'm gonna go pick it up after class, somebody post if they deny you for it expiring today.

My Target said that game won't be available until the 8th. They said they'd accept the expired coupon, but I anticipate more trouble from them.

[quote name='Spaceboy176']Picked this up for $21.88. Thanks OP for the coupon link. The game is great! Stylus control is not the best but you can still use the D-pad.[/QUOTE]

Any other comments like this one? Tempted to get it for $21.88, but the stylus controls are supposedly god awful and Sega really fucked it up.

If the D-Pad controls are managable, I might get it like this... I don't know.

I haven't played it very much, but it is a decent game. Not great, but with the coupon it's only $21.88 and probably worth it if you like the series. I'm not a huge fan of what they've done to the graphics (made it more cartoon-y, if that's possible) but it looks very good on the DS. The mini-games are great, too (air hockey is definitely a winner although seems pretty hard although I only gave it 5-10 minutes of time). [I know when I got SMB for the GBA, I spent more time on Monkey Bowling than anything!!]

The stylus control is kinda 'eh'. I find on some levels, the stylus works better, and on some the d-pad works better. I guess that adds to the challenge. Some of the levels are incredibly hard-- you need to use the stylus for 'analog' but it's still not quite precise enough for some of the things you need to do.

It's a decent game. If you like the series (as I do), definitely worth $21.88. If you're a casual fan, or never picked it up, it may be a bit more questionable (not the best introduction to the game).

I'm glad I got up early to go to Target yesterday morning to get it. :) (my local Target is a ZOO if you go too late on weekends) Even saw 2 Xbox 360 core units sitting there. Weird!

I picked it up today and it seems nice to me. The touch screen control isn't that bad, I played through the first set of levels (which are the easiest) and it was fine. The minigames seem good too. Definitely worth $23 after tax. I don't think I'd wanna pay the full $30 retail for it.

[quote name='sturat']My Target said that game won't be available until the 8th. They said they'd accept the expired coupon, but I anticipate more trouble from them.[/QUOTE]

Maybe there is hope for me . . . my local store didn't have any this morning. I guess if they get it in on Wed. I can claim that they should honor the coupon . . . worth a try.

fuck . . . it really sucks because all of my local stores (CC, BB, TRU) really are carrying very little stock. This bites because I know they won't have clearance stuff later.

I stood in front of the gamecase at Target with coupon in hand for 10 minutes today and finally decided $22 is too much for me to pay for the game.

I was trying to rationalize how much the game was worth to me and I settled on $15. I guess I'm a hard-core CAG because $8 off retail wasn't cheap enough.

I left the coupon stuck on the game case for anyone who may come by and want the game.

[quote name='KingDox']I till have to try and pick this up when I go to target this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Coupon is dead, I believe.

bread's done
Back