$5 used games from Best Buy - Often Out of Stock - Free Shipping

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
These used games float in and out of stock, though are out for the most part, and have a tendency to go pretty fast when they do come in. If you miss out I'm sorry, but I feel like it's worth a heads up for those that can be lucky enough to snag something they've been looking for. I recommend putting them in your cart and checking a couple of times a day if you really want them and are able to do so. I've got a copy of 4HoL and Crackdown 2 from them myself already this way, and other CAG's have been lucky too. For me, my copy of Crackdown was flawless, 4HoL was in great condition. :) Oh, and of course you can check availability in your store... either way good luck!

4 Heroes of Light (DS)

Crackdown 2 (360)

Enslaved (360)

Darksiders (360)

Dragon Age Origins (PS3)

Edit1: Crackdown, Enslaved, DA:O, all in stock online as of the time of this edit. I would love to see these games last to the B2G1, but I doubt they will.

Edit2: For anyone further wondering about the quality of their used games, for me they've been mostly good. I've ordered 5 games from them now, 2 ds games and 2 360 games all had original cases and manuals, and were in near perfect condition, with the added bonus of being re-sealed. The fifth was a 360 game in a PS2 case, with no manual, and an ever so slightly cracked disk that won't play on the count of it. It's was easy to miss if you just look at the top of the disk, so I see how they overlooked it, but I had a difficult time getting a refund. I finally did though, and still I say it's worth a shot, if you're interested in buying.

Original Post:
Edit: This post was because they had them in stock online, but they went faster than I expected. Sorry. :cry:

Final Fantasy:4 Heroes of Light
is back in stock at BestBuy.com

This is the cheapest I've found this game, I've been checking nearly daily for it to come back in stock on their website, and it finally has. It's sad that there are no added promotions right now, but at 5 bucks with free shipping, I still count that a pretty good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheeky']Been this price forever. Please don't post deals when there's only like one copy lol.[/QUOTE]

If there's a way to check their inventory then I do apologize. Otherwise I had no way of knowing. A couple of other high profile 5 dollar games came back in stock a couple weeks back and stayed for quite a while... of course I also don't know exactly when came back in stock, heh.

Just tryin' to help out some fellow CAG's, sorry again to disappoint.

This is back in stock, RabbitSuit's already snagged one. I hate to bring further ridicule for limited quantity, but if I can help one CAG get one cheap game, I've done my job, darn it... *tear*

:p

Well I got Dragon Age Origins for $5 ($4.50 with Unlocked, totally forgot about that haha). Would have jumped all over Enslaved, Darksiders, and Crackdown 2 if I didn't already have them all.

Anyways, thanks OP. I'm not a huge RPG fan, but even if I don't like it, I can sell it and worst case scenario I'm out $1-$2

[quote name='RabbitSuit']^ Good man.[/QUOTE]
Heh, thanks.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Well I got Dragon Age Origins for $5 ($4.50 with Unlocked, totally forgot about that haha). Would have jumped all over Enslaved, Darksiders, and Crackdown 2 if I didn't already have them all.

Anyways, thanks OP. I'm not a huge RPG fan, but even if I don't like it, I can sell it and worst case scenario I'm out $1-$2[/QUOTE]

No problem. I enjoyed DAO, myself, here's to hoping you do as well!

Thinking about getting 4 heroes of light. Does Best Buy usually ship manual and box (aka complete) with their used games? Is it a toss up? Feel free to share experiences.

Thanks

[quote name='kosmos13x']Thinking about getting 4 heroes of light. Does Best Buy usually ship manual and box (aka complete) with their used games? Is it a toss up? Feel free to share experiences.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I think it's a toss up. 2/3 of the games I've got from them have had them. Actually it's out of stock again though, sorry. They get very few of these in, and they go fast... especially after I post about it, it seems. I think some lurkers are buying and not posting. XD

I'll bump again if they come back in though, unless I'm instructed not to.

[quote name='cheeky']Been this price forever. Please don't post deals when there's only like one copy lol.[/QUOTE]Why don't you tell us how you can tell if there is more than 1 copy? Also, what has been this price forever? If you're going to be a smart ass, at least make sense of what you're saying.

I wish BBY's online database wasn't so borked. Both Darksiders and Enslaved still say "free shipping" but when I go to checkout, there are no options available, not even in-store pickup.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']I think it's a toss up. 2/3 of the games I've got from them have had them. Actually it's out of stock again though, sorry. They get very few of these in, and they go fast... especially after I post about it, it seems. I think some lurkers are buying and not posting. XD

I'll bump again if they come back in though, unless I'm instructed not to.[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize dude!

Thanks for the info (for future reference). If anything, I have a better understanding of their used system (tossup) to help me in my purchasing decisions down the road with them. Granted, 5 dollars is a steal, but it wasnt on my OMG want list so it's all good in the neighborhood :)

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I wish BBY's online database wasn't so borked. Both Darksiders and Enslaved still say "free shipping" but when I go to checkout, there are no options available, not even in-store pickup.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they con't exactly make it easy to tell, but they were all in when this was bumped, I triple checked. XD

Only DA:O is in stock now, if I happen to notice them back in I'll bump later. Glad some of you could get some copies!

Would have preferred Enslaved, but settled picking up Crackdown 2. Thanks OP! (Oh, and PM me if you want 2 play some Crackdown 2 co-op with me.)

My copy of Dragon Age Origins for ps3 arrived two days ago. I noticed that it was in stock some time last week and wanted to get something with the credit I had. Game cost me nothing out of pocket, and it came in perfect condition. Original box, manual, etc.

Played 1.5 hours so far and I like it, even though I'm not a huge fan of rpg's. Well worth the $5 if you can find it.

I'm in for Enslaved at $5! Thanks OP!

EDIT: Thank god you can designate others to pick stuff up for you! The only Best Buy that I can do store pickup on Enslaved is near a friend. Phew!

Little higher then 5 bucks (okay 12.99)

but they finally shipped my

MY WORLD MY WAY DS complete for 12.99 nice

was able to grab a

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift complete for 4.99 though

I DO FIND IT FUNNY THEY RESTOCK BUT DONT FILL BACKORDERS

i had Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure on backorder since nov it was in stock sunday They never shipped my backorder... so it still stands open..

Their lost cause back then it was buy any 2 used games get a 10 buck gift card free

so
Game 5 bucks
This game 5 bucks
10 buck gift card free

since game 2 never shipped i paid 5 bucks for a game and 10 buck gift card HA your lost best buy

Well since these games are instore pick up (none around where i live) i won't be needing the $5.00 digital coupon i recieved when they cancelled the Dead Space 2 orders. So here it is, hopefully some one can use it.

Digital Coupon Code: 1b8780d838d853fb5
Amount: $5.00

Digital Coupons are easily redeemed when you shop online. Simply enter the 17-digit code listed above during checkout. We will apply the coupon amount to your purchase, up to the Order Total amount. The Digital Coupon must be used prior to the expiration date: February 18 2012, at 11:59pm (CT). :bouncy:

Thank you so much! Managed to apply it to lower the cost of Resonance of Fate!

Thank you!!!!!

[quote name='Tallest-Midget']Well since these games are instore pick up (none around where i live) i won't be needing the $5.00 digital coupon i recieved when they cancelled the Dead Space 2 orders. So here it is, hopefully some one can use it.

Digital Coupons are easily redeemed when you shop online. Simply enter the 17-digit code listed above during checkout. We will apply the coupon amount to your purchase, up to the Order Total amount. The Digital Coupon must be used prior to the expiration date: February 18 2012, at 11:59pm (CT). :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tallest-Midget']Well since these games are instore pick up (none around where i live) i won't be needing the $5.00 digital coupon i recieved when they cancelled the Dead Space 2 orders. So here it is, hopefully some one can use it.

Digital Coupons are easily redeemed when you shop online. Simply enter the 17-digit code listed above during checkout. We will apply the coupon amount to your purchase, up to the Order Total amount. The Digital Coupon must be used prior to the expiration date: February 18 2012, at 11:59pm (CT). :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

already redeemed, but thanks for sharing

I picked up Dragon Age and Enslaved for $4.99 each during last months B2G2 deal. Both good games for the price. Man that was a great deal. I also got College Hoops 2k8(best college hoops game ever) and....some filler I forget for the ol' backlog.

edit:Fable 2. That was it. So 4 for $9.98

[quote name='krashhole']Why don't you tell us how you can tell if there is more than 1 copy? Also, what has been this price forever? If you're going to be a smart ass, at least make sense of what you're saying.[/QUOTE]

It's not possible to tell, their typical used limit is 3, but it is currently 1 of each title/order for B2G1. Even if you punch orders through, there is a strong possibility of backorders if its high demand/low stock. Take it from someone who has had approximately 8 backordered used games from them in the past few weeks...

For what its worth, Darksiders shipped immediately, and then I got a backorder notice for Crackdown 2 and DAO.

Then today I got shipping confirmations for Crackdown 2 and DAO... so it seems they do fill some back orders. 3 games for 11 bucks worked out pretty great for me.

[quote name='DCpinoy']My copy of Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure is in the mail now. I'm hoping it comes complete.[/QUOTE]

I hate to tell u this after you bought it, but I got that same copy from Best Buy last month and I had to return it. The game kept freezing a couple hours in at the same spot, right after the singing contest in the castle and since its part of the story u can't skip it. The game goes to a black screen and all u could hear was music. So if you got the same copy that I did, better play it as soon as u get it.

[quote name='setokaiba18']I hate to tell u this after you bought it, but I got that same copy from Best Buy last month and I had to return it. The game kept freezing a couple hours in at the same spot, right after the singing contest in the castle and since its part of the story u can't skip it. The game goes to a black screen and all u could hear was music. So if you got the same copy that I did, better play it as soon as u get it.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up. i'll try and play it once i get it, would hate for it to be a bad copy. is this game notorious for freezing? or do you think it was just that copy.

On the :ps3: side, I think the only "not for shipping" item that ever came back alive again with shipping was DA:O, been checking everyday.

Yea, there was one game I have been watching for 2 months on BestBuy.com. (Vanquish ps3) I got tired of waiting for it to appear in stock, so I just bought it new off Amazon.

Wish I hadn't missed this deal earlier, would have been all over Darksiders, Crackdown 2 and the FF game for the DS. Ah well.

Hate to ask but I couldn't find a clear answer. Can I price match in store or do I really need to order online and do a store pick up?

Damn... I want Darksiders but it says "Not available for shipping" and "Error: no store available for pickup" yet it seems like they will still let me buy it. WTF?

Congrats to those who got games, especially with the added deal of buy 2 get 1, that's awesome. I've been low on funds, which makes CAG more of a torture to read since I can't afford the deals, so I haven't been on as much. :p Thanks to whoever's bumping appropriately.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Hate to ask but I couldn't find a clear answer. Can I price match in store or do I really need to order online and do a store pick up?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can't, but I'm not 100% sure.

[quote name='CandyCaptain']Yea, there was one game I have been watching for 2 months on BestBuy.com. (Vanquish ps3) I got tired of waiting for it to appear in stock, so I just bought it new off Amazon.

[quote name='Javery']Damn... I want Darksiders but it says "Not available for shipping" and "Error: no store available for pickup" yet it seems like they will still let me buy it. WTF?[/QUOTE]

Me too, in fact I stumbled on this price yesterday when looking for the game and it was OOS then too. Bummer.

Still allows you to put it in cart but won't give you a shipping option when you try to check out. Why don't they just remove the listing or put it up as OOS so they can stop teasing us slowbies? :(

Because they sometimes restock their items? It'd be a lot of wasted time if they removed and added listings every time something came back in stock or sold out, wouldn't it be?

I know no one is gonna see this or care but the games are BACK IN STOCK so get them quick I grabbed Darksiders and Heros of Light

bread's done
Back